New Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer

IF i can play as Male Protagonist voiced by Clancy Brown I'm so fucking there. Other than that it's Female Antagonist for me.

Does that big thing they're building say Hyperion?

I mean, it's not in the shape of an H but...
Hyperion satellite.
Some kind of Borderlands tie in?

Does that big thing they're building say Hyperion?

I mean, it's not in the shape of an H but...
Hyperion satellite.
Some kind of Borderlands tie in?
ClapTrap in Mass Effect... that would be fun!!! (y)

Oh it'll suck. It'll suck so hard it'll almost be like the vacuum of space. Now feature Nvidia GameWorks with alien faces missing textures, and gameplay so repetitive and copy and pasted you'd swear you're having deja vu within 5 minutes of the game.

They lost me after ME3 forever, no matter how good this ends up being. The stunts they pulled with that game were just unbelievable to the point that they ended up patching it. Forcing you to play multiplayer in order to get the best ending just so they could spam you with in game multiplayer microtransactions was the last straw as EA showed their true colors after their acquisition.

They lost me after ME3 forever, no matter how good this ends up being. The stunts they pulled with that game were just unbelievable to the point that they ended up patching it. Forcing you to play multiplayer in order to get the best ending just so they could spam you with in game multiplayer microtransactions was the last straw as EA showed their true colors after their acquisition.
Wouldn't it have been worse if they didn't patch it? By patching it they admitted it was crap. That should count for something. I don't think any other dev would change their game after release like that. And you only had to play multiplayer in the original relase with the final version you can collect more than enough war assets to get the "breathing scene".

And actually the multiplayer bit of ME3 was pretty good. And I'm saying that as someone who inherently hates multiplayer. Even I could play it for hours and it was fun. Without completing a single microtransaction ever.

I just hope it doesn't become Mass Effect: SJW Online
I have no idea what this means or why you would suggest it.

And yeah I think the vast majority of people agree that the ending of ME3 was an incredible letdown. They have a lot to make up for.

Again I don't know what this means.

Some kind of homophobic thing?

Google is your friend ;)
Type "Mass Effect Andromeda SJW" and look at the first few hundred results. ;)
There is even videos.

Ranges from "The ugly face of Bioware, gaming's hive of SJW bigotry" to "Mass Effect Designer Manveer Heir Hates White People and Wants the World To Know" with a LOT in between. Still hoping there isn't anything to it, but I am not going to tolerate any SJW bias in my games. They lost the battle of #GamerGate , but the war still wages on.

Wouldn't it have been worse if they didn't patch it? By patching it they admitted it was crap. That should count for something. I don't think any other dev would change their game after release like that. And you only had to play multiplayer in the original relase with the final version you can collect more than enough war assets to get the "breathing scene".

And actually the multiplayer bit of ME3 was pretty good. And I'm saying that as someone who inherently hates multiplayer. Even I could play it for hours and it was fun. Without completing a single microtransaction ever.

It didn't even matter at the end as the ending was only part of it for those of us who played it before it got patched. The thought of having to raise your war preparedness level by busting your ass through multiplayer was just stupidly frustrating. It is a game that had no business having multiplayer and I hate wasting what little precious time I have on it when I barely have time to game in the first place. They lost me forever. There are way too many good games and not enough time(AEB the stack of unopened games sitting on top the Xbox1 to deter the cat from sitting on it). I havn't been able to game or watch TV in 12 weeks. When you are constantly short on time, you will get bitterly PISSED when a developer like EA pulls that kind of stunt on you. My next game to play is Forza Horizon 3 maybe sometime in December.

I still am half-way through number 3 and don't have the heart to complete it considering what people have said about the ending...:(

Google is your friend ;)
Type "Mass Effect Andromeda SJW" and look at the first few hundred results. ;)
There is even videos.

Ranges from "The ugly face of Bioware, gaming's hive of SJW bigotry" to "Mass Effect Designer Manveer Heir Hates White People and Wants the World To Know" with a LOT in between. Still hoping there isn't anything to it, but I am not going to tolerate any SJW bias in my games. They lost the battle of #GamerGate , but the war still wages on.

All I see is some annoying MRA youtube guy, garbage tier rightwing websites looking for the next "white people under assault!" dog whistle and reddit. Sorry but that's all meaningless echochamber junk to me.

I still am half-way through number 3 and don't have the heart to complete it considering what people have said about the ending...:(

If you have all the story related DLC, play it through with open mind. They still pull the deus ex machina bullshit but it is no longer the insultingly bad shitshow it was originally. The game is worth playing now, especially if you have grown to love the characters right from the first game.

Very much worth finishing. The start/ending of the game was terrible, the side quests and the like were rushed and terrible, and all the big decisions you made in ME1 made zero difference (should be evident from ME2/through ME3 so far). But there are still some excellent story quests mid way through the game. You don't want to miss any of it. It could've been better, but worth finishing.

If you have all the story related DLC, play it through with open mind. They still pull the deus ex machina bullshit but it is no longer the insultingly bad shitshow it was originally. The game is worth playing now, especially if you have grown to love the characters right from the first game.

I concur with this. Make sure you have and have played through ALL of the story DLC for the best experience, including the ending. The "Leviathan" DLC should be played close to the end of the game and gives you a TON of lore regarding the Reapers and how they came to be, fleshing out the ending etc. The "Citadel" DLC is the "Fan appreciation DLC" and should be played right before you go on your final mission - its almost an "ending before the ending", wrappiing up everything and all the people you met along the way. Of course the "Director's Cut" version of the ending itself is significantly longer and more in depth than the original and this is a good thing. Alsol, I found that ME3's multiplayer was actually really enjoyable - a cooperative element and one that contributed the singleplayer (though I see how some may object), but if you have all the DLC etc... you no longer need to max out the multiplayer (or play it at all I think) in order to qualify for the "best" ending provided you did enough stuff in single player. Its worthwhile to play through the entire trilogy and if possible, get the "special conditions" which are only unlocked if you have done things in ME1 and ME2 prior (ie for instance, there is a late game decision where you either need to side with one group or another, but if you did some very particular things in ME2 you can actually get the support of both in the "best" way possible). For things like this, its helpful to have a strategy guide/walkthrough if you want to get all the little odds and end and have a "perfect" playthrough. Note that if you didn't play the previous games for some reason, there are save editors and whatnot that can allow you to customize/qualify/change whatever you like in terms of what happened in ME3 flags, or those from previous titles.

Overall, I found that ME3 was a really enjoyable experience and I am looking forward to Andromeda. I am a bit concerned about some of the writing/staffing decisions, but I'll withhold judgment until I see real evidence either way.

It didn't even matter at the end as the ending was only part of it for those of us who played it before it got patched. The thought of having to raise your war preparedness level by busting your ass through multiplayer was just stupidly frustrating. It is a game that had no business having multiplayer and I hate wasting what little precious time I have on it when I barely have time to game in the first place. They lost me forever. There are way too many good games and not enough time(AEB the stack of unopened games sitting on top the Xbox1 to deter the cat from sitting on it). I havn't been able to game or watch TV in 12 weeks. When you are constantly short on time, you will get bitterly PISSED when a developer like EA pulls that kind of stunt on you. My next game to play is Forza Horizon 3 maybe sometime in December.
I was one of the people who played it before it got patched, so no use taking the high road with that over me. And I agree it was a stupid that you needed multiplayer to get the best possible score. But it was 4.5 years ago. Maybe it's time to get over it? That half an hour you lost must have caused you serious trauma if you're still brooding about it. I hated having to play multiplayer too, but you know what? I actually enjoyed it and ended up playing much more than needed to get the necessary score. The ending itself was a much bigger issue, but that still won't make me regret playing the other 50 hours of the game. And if andromeda gives me just half of that time with the same level of quality I'd be damn happy with it.

The only thing about the Mass Effect and Bioware games in general that interests me is the hot lesbian sex scenes. Here's to hoping Andromeda is rife with them.

Cheers.

I love ME1, ME2 was still fun but the ground stuff became a little lame, ME3 I couldn't even finish so I am not even going to give them a chance with ME4.

I can't help but wonder... if some of you get so upset over the way a video game ends, how do you react when faced with a real-life crisis?

I can't help but wonder... if some of you get so upset over the way a video game ends, how do you react when faced with a real-life crisis?

Those of us who actually deal with real-life crisis on a regular basis don't appreciate it embedded in our entertainment outlet.

Those of us who actually deal with real-life crisis on a regular basis don't appreciate it embedded in our entertainment outlet.
I suppose it depends on your definition of real-life crisis. Video game endings, no matter how unsatisfying, don't rank high on my list of real-life crises.

I suppose it depends on your definition of real-life crisis. Video game endings, no matter how unsatisfying, don't rank high on my list of real-life crises.

How about being deployed to the DMZ in Korea on a collection mission and having a dumbass in another team light a PRC-77 radio battery on fire, which burned bright as the sun, at which point a North Korean 23mm ZPU-4 opens up followed immediately by a South Korean 20mm Vulcan emplacement shooting right back.

In the morning it was the North Koreans hauling their shot up shit out of it's emplacement. I really thought I might die that night. Thank God I was only 24 and when your young near misses don't count.

How about being deployed to the DMZ in Korea on a collection mission and having a dumbass in another team light a PRC-77 radio battery on fire, which burned bright as the sun, at which point a North Korean 23mm ZPU-4 opens up followed immediately by a South Korean 20mm Vulcan emplacement shooting right back.

In the morning it was the North Koreans hauling their shot up shit out of it's emplacement. I really thought I might die that night. Thank God I was only 24 and when your young near misses don't count.
That was a real-life crisis, to be sure. Don't see how a bad video game ending comes anywhere close to all that.

That was a real-life crisis, to be sure. Don't see how a bad video game ending comes anywhere close to all that.

It doesn't, not even close.

But when that is how your week can go, having your game mess up on you is like the last straw you know what I mean.

Think back to all those times someone wigs out seemingly over some minor simple shit. It's never really that little shit that wound them up, it's just the simple shit that sets them off.

It's the spark, not the fuel.

Best possible score?? Never played the online part, and got the hidden ending.

You weren't able to do this before the extended cut and other DLC were released. Prior to those the maximum score you could achieve without multiplayer was short of the amount necessary. Extended cut lowered the required score. Other DLC added more opportunities for war asset score.

So real life crises made you weaker, to the point where you can't handle a videogame not ending the way you excepted? I thought it was supposed to make you stronger.

All I see is some annoying MRA youtube guy, garbage tier rightwing websites looking for the next "white people under assault!" dog whistle and reddit. Sorry but that's all meaningless echochamber junk to me.
You used the words right-wing, MRA, white people, and dog whistle ... and think it's other people being judgemental and biased? Pot, Kettle, Black.

I will continue to hope it isn't the case for ME:A but between #gamergate and the straight up lies from people like anita sarkeesian ... there is no denying the issue of radicals trying to dictate what we can and can not see/do/think in videos games.

You used the words right-wing, MRA, white people, and dog whistle ... and think it's other people being judgemental and biased? Pot, Kettle, Black.

I will continue to hope it isn't the case for ME:A but between #gamergate and the straight up lies from people like anita sarkeesian ... there is no denying the issue of radicals trying to dictate what we can and can not see/do/think in videos games.

I googled what I was told to google and that's what I saw. Sorry that bothers you.

If you want to provide some sources that are not pure garbage I would be glad to take a look.

challenge: Talk about mass effect series without mentioning mass effect 3.

yeah, I have high hopes for this, that it correct the sins of the last game.

I know this is the wrong group but ME:1 2 and 3 are on EA vault for xbox one users.

I was one of the people who played it before it got patched, so no use taking the high road with that over me. And I agree it was a stupid that you needed multiplayer to get the best possible score. But it was 4.5 years ago. Maybe it's time to get over it? That half an hour you lost must have caused you serious trauma if you're still brooding about it. I hated having to play multiplayer too, but you know what? I actually enjoyed it and ended up playing much more than needed to get the necessary score. The ending itself was a much bigger issue, but that still won't make me regret playing the other 50 hours of the game. And if andromeda gives me just half of that time with the same level of quality I'd be damn happy with it.
I would be more forgiving if I actually had decent time to get some gaming in. No need to worry about it now as there are way too many other games competing for my time.

I googled what I was told to google and that's what I saw. Sorry that bothers you.

If you want to provide some sources that are not pure garbage I would be glad to take a look.
You being judgmental and biased doesn't bother me, just wish you were honest about your beliefs before I tried to answer your question. Anyone that can quickly glance at some google results and categorically place them in X, Y, and Z so that can be dismissed is intellectual laziness. It gets worse when those categories are broken down into race/sex and based on nothing but stereotypes and 'dog-whistle' conspiracy theories.

-swyrm

Back