New Macbooks/Macbook Pro's anymore?

yellafella321

Limp Gawd
Well, there used to be the rumors of new macs in June, talking about aluminum cases for the macbooks and an overhaul for the macbook pro's as well. Does anyone know if this is still expected to happen? My student discount expires on August 20th, and I'd really like to buy a new MBP by then.

For the most part Apple generally will run the model line through the "back to school" season, releasing the new model a bit after that. As of right now, I've just decided to wait for a new Macbook version. I guess I'll be putting up with my Sony and HP a bit longer, unless it becomes unbearable.

You know, if you buy through the apple store online, you can use a student discount at the educational store and they don't verify that you're a student. I've done it a number of times since I got out of college.

Do you guys think now is a good time to buy? I am really considering it given that there are some nice discounts to be found on the current MBP line.

Buying during the back-to-school season is always good with the rebates and freebies! I'm thinking of buying one as soon as I sell my current notebook. Anyone interested in a Sager NP2090? :D

It's always a good time to buy. They hold their value. Waiting just means that you'll get a 5-10% speed bump and a few minutes of extra battery life.

I'd love to see how the metal Macbook will be. I can't stand the plastic on the current macbooks...

I'd love to see how the metal Macbook will be. I can't stand the plastic on the current macbooks...

Going to have to agree with you there...I have a couple of cracks in mine - first laptop I have ever owned that had the casing crack. It's totally unacceptable, since it happened during normal usage, and has happened to at least 3 or 4 of my friends.

Ya, the plastic macbooks are just stupid IMO. Everyone I know with one has a crack somewhere in theirs, even those that baby it like no other.

I can't stand the keyboard on the MacBooks. I've seen some people say they prefer it over the MBP. I can not for the life of me understand why. It's feedback stinks and it seems like you have to the hit the key directly on top for it to register.

Maybe that's just the case with the one I've had experience with.

Back