New MacBook/MacBook Pro confirmed

Looks like the MacBook is where the action is at in terms of new design. Aside from the apparent "no latch" feature, the MBP doesn't seem to have changed much. Of course, we'll get a better assessment once they're released on Tuesday.

I had an Asus V6Va which used a "magnetic latch" to keep the laptop closed. It was a sweet design. Asus used to make Mac laptops; maybe they still do? I'm definitely curious to see what the new MBP looks like, though I won't be buying one. I just got my new MBP last month... FREE! :D

so what happens with people with current gen macbooks and have applecare....say they break in a frew months will apple still be replacing them with the white casing? how does apple fix/replace last gen products

so what happens with people with current gen macbooks and have applecare....say they break in a frew months will apple still be replacing them with the white casing? how does apple fix/replace last gen products

Yes.. things dont disappear in the next few months. Your applecare wont be void once these new ones come out.

I have a two theories.

The macbook pro is going to have a glass based screen thats touch. Renamed mactouch or something. Price is gonna be 1799 as the picture says.

What we are looking at now are the 13" and 15" macbook versions. Each upgrade coming with upgraded graphics chips/processors/etc. Prices will start at $899 and go up from there.

I dont really have a theory for the air.. im not really interested in it.

These are some things i hope/think is gonna happen haha. Whatever it is, CANT WAIT TILL TUES.

Apple takes very good care of their customers. I know 2 people who had 1 and 2 year old MBPs replaced with brand new MBPs when their older models had problems.

Apple takes very good care of their customers. I know 2 people who had 1 and 2 year old MBPs replaced with brand new MBPs when their older models had problems.

yea i have sent in my macbook in for about 3 time for cracking plastic....would be nice if they did come out in all aluminum

Yes.. things dont disappear in the next few months. Your applecare wont be void once these new ones come out.

I have a two theories.

The macbook pro is going to have a glass based screen thats touch. Renamed mactouch or something. Price is gonna be 1799 as the picture says.

What we are looking at now are the 13" and 15" macbook versions. Each upgrade coming with upgraded graphics chips/processors/etc. Prices will start at $899 and go up from there.

I dont really have a theory for the air.. im not really interested in it.

These are some things i hope/think is gonna happen haha. Whatever it is, CANT WAIT TILL TUES.

I've been following this some and am interested to see whats up. Pissed that the macbook cases still doesn't have an express slot on it. While I think my boss is going to end up getting me a macbook it will for the most part sit at home collecting dust. I'll use it to keep up with the apple software and surf the web from bed. What I really need from apple is more of a take from the g3/g4 powerbooks. Dedicated graphics in a notebook 14 inches or smaller. Dual battery option when you remove the optical drive(loved how the old power books had a single battery type and not a special one for the secondary like most do). Expansion card slot. Need some way of throwing an evdo modem on it and really something external would be best although an internal express card slot for an evdo modem would work. Just needs to be something that can be swapped in case you don't want att(I want sprint) and so it can be upgraded when evdo-b gets rolled out. Untill they do this I can't use it as a primary notebook. Really the big deal is the expansion card slot. I could get past the other stuff if it had that.

It is usually pretty rare that they replace one unless they don't have parts stock or have had to repair it a few times. I've had a few times where they replaced the entire notebook but it wasn't that common.

Swatbat: I doubt the MB will ever get expresscard or dual batteries because of Apple's current minimalism is better than functionality approach. Mini-DVI instead of DVI, lack of FW400, lack of dedicated GPU, they are always taking out power features. If only Lenovo offered an OS X option...

Except when they release macbooks with known bad motherboards and bad wrist rest area's that stain easily and ipod that scratch if you breath on them and then hassle customers trying to return them.....great customer care... :rolleyes:

Swatbat: I doubt the MB will ever get expresscard or dual batteries because of Apple's current minimalism is better than functionality approach. Mini-DVI instead of DVI, lack of FW400, lack of dedicated GPU, they are always taking out power features. If only Lenovo offered an OS X option...

They are taking a interesting approach to the FW port.. just wait and see.. the macbook DOES have it but its gonna be interesting (from what i hear from cupertino).

They are taking a interesting approach to the FW port.. just wait and see.. the macbook DOES have it but its gonna be interesting (from what i hear from cupertino).

You and your insider tips! :p

Wait... Wireless FW400? :confused:

Now that laptops have been upgraded when do you think you'll see upgrades to the monitor line? As awesome as these upgrades seem, that's what I'm waiting for right now.

What they really need is a pro line small notebook like they had with the g4's. No I don't consider the air it.

The lack of an evdo card so far has killed it for me. I need an internal option or a card slot. I'm not using a usb one.

Now that laptops have been upgraded when do you think you'll see upgrades to the monitor line? As awesome as these upgrades seem, that's what I'm waiting for right now.
I have it from a reliable source that the Apple Cinema Display update is slated for a November 31st release announcement!

:p:D;)

-Brian

Getting me a macbook pro probably, going to pretty much replace my PC for everything other than FPS games. Heres hoping they have some decent SSD options.

Going to have bootcamp for running steam etc, tempted to get Vista OEM as the hardware won't change much and XP is kinda showing its age now (im guessing the GPUs will be dx10ish)

Im hearing they are getting rid of the 30". Apparently not enough margin on them to keep making them. Most people prefer 2x 23" than one extremely expensive 30". Newer macbook pros are NOT going to be able to support the 30". Might be a clue.

I'm waiting to see what they come up with then. Maybe a 27". Or a good time to buy dual 30"s.

Im hearing they are getting rid of the 30". Apparently not enough margin on them to keep making them. Most people prefer 2x 23" than one extremely expensive 30". Newer macbook pros are NOT going to be able to support the 30". Might be a clue.

That doesn't make sense. If the 8600GT can drive them wouldn't the 9600GT be able to drive them as well?

getting rid of the dual-link dvi port on all macbook pro models. Mini DVI is single-link DVI. Graphics power is enough, just not the port.

Uggg, I'm not a big fan of dual monitors. Having used it in the past I went with one larger one. Guess I might have to duals for my photo editing.

<shudders> The cost of two proofing quality monitors.

Something tells me a "Display Port" is gonna replace Mini-DVI on the MBP.

Heard apple might go back to some propiertary ports and have an LED monitor come out that uses this port.

if the photos are accurate, i guess ill be looking for a used macbook pro instead of one of these one ones.

should be about 12pm est that we hear something right??

1pm EST is when the event starts.

I don't care much about the "brick" look or the possiblity of BR. I'm more interested in the new pricing and what we'll be getting for the rumored $899. If there's enough horsepower behind the cost I'll actually look into buying a Mac for my girlfriend.

Plus I'm not too keen on the rumor of moving to nVidia chipsets...at least Apple users can enjoy the data corruption and instability PC users have been seeing for the last few years. ;)

it seems the 899 is a monitor of sorts...

Yeah just noticed that with another batch of rumors:

Sounds like the "brick" is correct. Big whoop if you ask me.

The $899 thing is indeed looking like a 24 inch LED monitor.

The 2.1GHz MacBook looks like it will drop to $999 which is stupidly expensive.

The new MacBook Pros look like they may be these: $1,999 for 2.4 GHz and $2,499 for 2.53 GHz.

The new MacBooks look like they may be these: $1,299 for 2.0 GHz, 2 GB memory, and 160 GB HD. Then $1,499 for 2.4 GHz, 2 GB memory, and 250 GB HD.

Rumor is the new MacBooks don't have a button with their touchpad and the photos floating around confirm that. The touchpad itself "clicks" or something like that.

And of course it looks like they are indeed moving to the nVidia based chipset.

My prayers go out to anybody with Apple stock, if you haven't already felt the current pain, because if this is all Apple has to show off in an hour they're going to take a hit.

\My prayers go out to anybody with Apple stock, if you haven't already felt the current pain, because if this is all Apple has to show off in an hour they're going to take a hit.

They always take a hit on release day. Apple can never meet consumers expectations apparently. 7 minutes left.

Hmm, no blu-ray drive? Displayport is cool, is it backwards compatible, do they have a Displayport to DVI or HDMI? Macbook Pro, $1999, and 2499 not suprising since these are the Pro models.

Nvidia chipset confirmed. GeForce 9400M. They claim the graphics are 55% better than the current MacBook Pro.

Glass trackpad? The whole pad acts as the button. That's interesting.

New MBP is slightly thinner, it has a black bezel and an LED display. It is thin, with a rounded lid and all connectors on one side. Black keys. Seems very much like that leaked photo I posted about 2 weeks ago.

Back