New Low Profile 7750

Oh. God. YES.

Dare I ask if anyone knows if this will work with AMD's Dual-Graphics? I have an A8-3870k that's just itching for this...

EDIT: Not that that'd really matter that much. How does this compare to the 6670? (other than "Better")

Oh. God. YES.

Dare I ask if anyone knows if this will work with AMD's Dual-Graphics? I have an A8-3870k that's just itching for this...

EDIT: Not that that'd really matter that much. How does this compare to the 6670? (other than "Better")

6670 vs 7750
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/613?vs=535

As far as I know you can't crossfire them with the APUs, I think the 6670 is still the highest. That said, the 7750 alone should be better than any of the Hybrid X-fire setups.

Well, there is this, but it's only available in Japan as of now. There were some people who were selling the low profile 6850 from this company on eBay though, so it might be available soon that way.

@Sith Thanks! Pretty much confirmed my thoughts.

@Amzee Not bad. I'll have to look into that company a bit more though...

Well, there is this, but it's only available in Japan as of now.

This has come up a couple times around here lately... I was able to get the company (and one of their distributors) to agree to selling me one of their cards and shipping to Canada after emailing them at [email protected] for about a month.

I feel kinda like a scumbag for not taking them up on it ultimately, but I wanted a GTX 670 in the end. :/

You should be able to get one of these though.

I've been anxiously waiting for a low profile HD7750 for an ITX slim build I'm planning. Here's the contenders so far:

Sapphire: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1159&pid=1658&psn=&lid=1&leg=0
PowerColor: http://www.powercolor.com/us/products_features.asp?id=421
VTX3D (available only in UK): http://www.overclock.co.uk/product/...VI-I-HDMI-DisplayPort-PCI-E-Retail_43916.html
HIS: http://www.hisdigital.com/us/product2-718.shtml

First one that is available at US retail gets my money.

I'm building in an ISK too. I wonder if there's an aftermarket cooler that could convert the HIS to single slot?

This actually confuses me. Is there such a thing as a Low-Pro, dual-slot case?

I'm building a system in an Antel ISK-300, and I'm thinking it wouldn't be *that* hard to fit that card in there... may need to cut out that fan grille though

It's a bit on the large side, but the InWin BM639 is one. It uses a funky non-standard PSU form factor though.

Actually, I think any case spec'ed to fit Mini-DTX motherboards should fit the bill.

It's a bit on the large side, but the InWin BM639 is one. It uses a funky non-standard PSU form factor though.

Actually, I think any case spec'ed to fit Mini-DTX motherboards should fit the bill.

Well rats. Now I might just have to send the ISK back... The proprietary PSU in the InWin kinda kills it for me though. I can probably get away with that much (was planning on a 160W Pico anyway), but I'd rather have the extra overhead of a 300W server PSU transplant.

I'm building in an ISK too. I wonder if there's an aftermarket cooler that could convert the HIS to single slot?

I was actually thinking it probably wouldn't be too much of a stretch to put the cooler from a Sapphire HD6670 on it (or any single-slot for that matter). I just wonder how much of a hit on the cooling effects it would have.

I'm going wait until the sapphire version comes out instead having to try and hack the HIS version into the isk.

That may not be possible. According to this thread, Sapphire doesn't plan to sell it in the states. I'm turning into one sad panda. :(:(:(

I guess if you can't wait to see if comes out or shows up on ebay like Skott mentioned, then by all means try and hack it with the HIS. If I didn't already have the 6670, I would.

Oh, and if you do get it, let us know how it works out :)

I find it amazing that not all 7750s use single slot coolers. All this talk about how much cooler they run you'd think they'd release it as such. It's so hard finding a decent single slot video card now a days.

Well rats. Now I might just have to send the ISK back... The proprietary PSU in the InWin kinda kills it for me though. I can probably get away with that much (was planning on a 160W Pico anyway), but I'd rather have the extra overhead of a 300W server PSU transplant.

Here's another option, taken from this thread:
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1038660039&postcount=25

InWin BP671, plus Seasonic 300W TFX PSU

EDIT: Oops, never mind, that case only has a single-width GPU slot.

Last edited:
That may not be possible. According to this thread, Sapphire doesn't plan to sell it in the states. I'm turning into one sad panda. :(:(:(

T______________T (sad failwhale)

Here's another option, taken from this thread:
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1038660039&postcount=25

InWin BP671, plus Seasonic 300W TFX PSU

EDIT: Oops, never mind, that case only has a single-width GPU slot.

As much as I love hacking stuff apart, I think I'll just stick with single-slot, lo-pro. I do like those InWin cases though. Probably get one for my mediabox that's planned for this winter. That Seasonic PSU looks interesting though. Might look into that exact setup when the time comes for that next build. Thanks!

Oooo.... haven't seen that one before. $25 premium over their non-LP card though is tough to swallow. Need some competition to bring it down more.

That is a bit steep.

I'm still holding out for the sapphire version that comes with hdmi/display port/DVI.

So I guess the only single slot LP competition to the VisionTek in the US will be from PowerColor. Hope it comes out soon.

:D

If I didn't spend so much money on my wife's birthday, I'd be on that right now. Oh well, I can wait another 2 weeks :p

I may pick one up this week as a cheap upgrade for this old 5750 I'm using now. I wonder if it can hit 900 mhz on the core....

Snooze = lose

That would be a nice upgrade for my ISK 300 rig, except I'm already planning my next system in a Lian Li PC-Q11B with a GTX 670 to power my 2560x1600 monitor (currently at 1920x1080).

Here's my ISK 300-150 as it is at the moment.
Core i5-2500K at stock speeds on Zotac H67 ITX mobo
8GB RAM
second random 80mm added to empty fan location
three SSDs
Sapphire Radeon 6670 LP at stock speeds

IMG_0745.jpg

The card in there is a Sapphire 6670 LP. Here are my thoughts for anyone considering a build in this thing:

1) Do put in a second fan. There is a pocket of hot air if a second fan is not present, and will cause you to have to run the single fan at a higher speed so it is can actually be quieter with two fans. I also had some RAM burn up from overheating.

2) You can squeeze in a third SSD between the PSU and the drive tray. In the picture above you can see the orange/yellow SATA data cable peeking out from right above the PSU. Since it is an SSD and I don't move my system except when transporting to another location (say, for a LAN party) I don't have it affixed in any way. Yes it makes rattling sounds if I handle my system. :p

3) In trying to build for performance, forget about it being super quiet. In such a small case you can have one or the other. It isn't that loud, but is definitely easily audible. Putting the system directly behind the monitor does attenuate the noise you actually hear by a (to me) noticeable amount, over just having it to the side of the monitor.

4) There is a bit of space next to the graphics card so maybe a card with a cooler that sticks out past the strictly single slot might fit. Someone will have to just take one for the team and try it.

5) I do not run torture tests on this system (AKA Furmark+Prime95). I feel it is an unrealistic load that will never happen outside of synthetic torture tests. Also, wanting a system to be able to run at those loads would prevent me from accepting low power requirements on the PSU.

6) As it is now with the extra fan and three SSDs, the system pulls 138W peak from the wall as tested using a KAW. Idle is 53W. Note that the PSU is notoriously not super efficient (in the 70% range) but we might be talking a single digit wattage difference at the wall during load at these low wattages. Thus, unless you want to overclock the CPU or GPU, or go with a LP graphics card that requires an additional PCIe power plug, or if you get your kicks running synthetic torture tests, or if you suffer mental anguish from knowing that your PSU is low wattage and not super duper efficient... IMO the stock 150W PSU will be completely sufficient for a build similar to mine.

New HTPC built.

Old parts still in use:
E5400
Zotac GE9300 Motherboard
2GB ram

New parts:
2GB hard drive (on hand, replacing 1TB)
In Win BP671
Noctura NH-L12
Blu-Ray burner (on hand, no optical drive in the old build)
Radeon 7750
Corsair 350TGM

The Bluray drive is a little bit too long to fit and keep the front flap closeable, with the monster (for a low profile, anyway) HSF. I'm hoping that I can find a way to remove the flap, as I can still secure the drive in the case, and it won't look too bad if it's removed. I'm also going to look into replacements for the 80mm fan at the top of the case, as it's kind of loud.

The top 120mm fan (from the CPU's HSF) can't quite fit in the case... Temps seem OK and don't go up much at 100% load, but it may be worth looking into a thin 120mm fan for better airflow.

I'll upgrade the CPU once Haswell is out.

Edit:
A couple more comments:
The top fan was very difficult to get in. I was only able to get it in by dropping it in first, connecting the lower connector on the PSU, followed by the top one (which was especially difficult), then finally screwing the fan into place

The motherboard I'm using has a huge heatsink on it, which interfered with the fan on the NH-L12 HSF. I had to adjust the lower fan on the HSF to the closest position possible to the heatpipes to get it to fit, and even then, it's close.

Last edited:
Back