New low for L5640

stop...

must pay my overdue rent....

ARRGRHGRHGRHGRH!!!

That's what I paid for mine over the weekend. It arrives Wednesday. There have been a few at that price.

Wait a second... I am kinda slow....

You are telling me that I can get a SR-2 and one of these six bangers for less than an i7 980x?

EDIT: These cost a grand on newegg. What is the catch?

You are telling me that I can get a SR-2 and one of these six bangers for less than an i7 980x?

yep

The only down side is that the $329 price is auction only.

I went ahead and bought 2x of the L5640 chips tonight at the buy it now price of $349. My wife just smiled at me and said "sure honey, go ahead and buy you one of those SR-2 motherboards too if you want..."

I love my wife....<VBG>

ES = Engineering sample. The retails versions should have a 2x turbo, and I have heard rumors that these are actually 80W chips instead of the advertised 60W for a retail L5640.

I went ahead and bought 2x of the L5640 chips tonight at the buy it now price of $349. My wife just smiled at me and said "sure honey, go ahead and buy you one of those SR-2 motherboards too if you want..."

I love my wife....<VBG>

Good gracious...what is that, the seventh one of these coming on-line soon?

stop...

must pay my overdue rent....

ARRGRHGRHGRHGRH!!!

Yes, but the Gulftowns have stock clocks at 3.46ghz with turbo-core. We know that the gulftowns overclock like crazy, but I have no idea how well these 2.26ghz ES Westmeres do.

Had this been available 7 weeks ago when I put folding2 online, I would have definately gone the SR2 route with a pair of these babies.

Easy OC to 3.4 and they do 65k ppd on NORMAL WU in a SR-2

I love my wife....<VBG>

so what did she spend $1100 on?

and ya, these are looking verrry nice...

just wondering, are almost all the L5460's out there now folding for the [H]orde ???? i mean hell Musky has 6 last i remember...

Ugh, too much peer pressure on this forum. Just bid on a second L5640. Now I have to figure out what to do with a pair of them. :D

By my count a few hours ago, the seller has sold 24 of these so far.

hmm, so musky has just shy of 1/2 of what has been sold by the seller....a few others here have 2 of em themselves.....surprised not many other teams have jumped on this.....that seller would be rich

Damn it you guys... Old Laptop goes on ebay with some other stuff tomorrow.... I just bit on one, B.O. price of $335.50, see if he bites... Damn it, this is probly a bad idea,

+1 for the [H]orde maybe if I win

I bought mine for $329 and one ended with no bid, also at $329.....

It should come this Thursday :D

ES = Engineering sample. The retails versions should have a 2x turbo, and I have heard rumors that these are actually 80W chips instead of the advertised 60W for a retail L5640.

I got a couple ES L5640's prior to launch and they were 60W and had 2x turbo
I think biggest "catch" is being ES and no warranty, but a great deal!

Agreed. A half priced hex core is an amazing deal, even if it doesn't hit 4.4+GHz.

One could only dream of the day when Intel does a 1/2 cut on the 970, like they did for the 950 :p

Agreed. A half priced hex core is an amazing deal, even if it doesn't hit 4.4+GHz.:p
Well, anyone should be happy if they can get stable clocks @~3.8GHz or higher with the SR-2 from what I've been reading....

on the ES I had 19x was the 24/7 multi and 21x was available with just one core, this was with old BIOS though, not sure if that changed

chip was capable of 4.2ghz-4.3ghz on air for 24/7 stable

hmm, so musky has just shy of 1/2 of what has been sold by the seller....a few others here have 2 of em themselves.....surprised not many other teams have jumped on this.....that seller would be rich

quiet_please.gif

Gotta keep this under low profile so that our bidders don't end up having to compete with other teams who may not have discovered this incredible bargain yet :)

^ LOL, was going to post something like that but in words, however I couldn't decide on the best phrase... :p

on the ES I had 19x was the 24/7 multi and 21x was available with just one core, this was with old BIOS though, not sure if that changed

chip was capable of 4.2ghz-4.3ghz on air for 24/7 stable

These particular chips only have a 1x turbo, 18x total multiplier. I was hoping for the 2x, but they do not have it.

These particular chips only have a 1x turbo, 18x total multiplier. I was hoping for the 2x, but they do not have it.

thats interesting, i did not know they came like that, the chip I was using was on a REII, that screen shoot was on the intel x58 DSO board or whatever the model was

its one specific ninja actually...but I've said too much already, haha :p

You mean Intel actually has people out there snapping up these very special ES chips? What use would that be considering that these chips have been on the market for a long time now?

You mean Intel actually has people out there snapping up these very special ES chips? What use would that be considering that these chips have been on the market for a long time now?

they tend to typically focus on stuff that has not been released yet but their general intent is to find people abusing their ES program, which could be found though current or chips not yet released

I just got outbid on a L5640, but the seller immediately listed a new one. It seems he still has some left.

Back