New (long) Alan Wake trailer (HD)

Honestly.. I was pretty excited about this game until I saw the trailer. It looks incredibly cheesy to me.

People are upset that rockstar is making max payne 3 instead of remedy because of this game.

Aah, I stopped caring about Payne 3 when I found out it wasn't being made by Remedy. I guess I forgot it was rockstar.

Honestly.. I was pretty excited about this game until I saw the trailer. It looks incredibly cheesy to me.

I just watched a video of the first 12 minutes of the game.

It looks linear. The combat and gameplay don't seem that special, but the production values are good.

The graphics were nice from what i could see, (it was dark with a lot of mist and fog)

Am I missing something? The Dark is the enemy in this game.

Game takes place in forest.

Add match to forest so forest will burn to create light.

Save bullets and batteries and just burn the forest down while killing the monsters.

Game over.;)

Unless you are searching for something in the forest that would be destroyed if burnt to a crisp. Your wife for instance.

Unless you are searching for something in the forest that would be destroyed if burnt to a crisp. Your wife for instance.

Yawn. They turned what could've been a great sandbox game into a doom-flashlight-filled-crap-a-thon. Keep it on the consoles, kthnx.

Yawn. They turned what could've been a great sandbox game into a doom-flashlight-filled-crap-a-thon. Keep it on the consoles, kthnx.

Whats the stupid obsession with sandbox games the last few years? Its like all of a sudden of you cant free roam in a game its instantly trashed.

Back in MY day you could only go one way in a game you couldnt even go backwards!

Whats the stupid obsession with sandbox games the last few years? Its like all of a sudden of you cant free roam in a game its instantly trashed.

Back in MY day you could only go one way in a game you couldnt even go backwards!

So why dont they all start making 2d games again? Whats this stupid obsession with 3d world games?

Its like all of a sudden if a game doesn't have a 3d environment its instantly trashed.

Am I missing something? The Dark is the enemy in this game.

Game takes place in forest.

Add match to forest so forest will burn to create light.

Save bullets and batteries and just burn the forest down while killing the monsters.

Game over.;)

Maybe it rains a lot so the forest is too damp to set fire too but that is a brilliant idea. I would have set fire to the forest too if I was in that situation. Steal gas from a car and just let it burn.

I stopped caring for this game the day it became a console exclusive...

Thats the difference between me and people like you. i am a fan of gaming. your a fan of console x or PC .

If your a fan of gaming, you would pick up a ps3 and a 360 and enjoy lots of exclusive games that dont come out on pc's.

Pfffffffft give a few months after the 360 release and they will announce "Just kidding, here it is for PC! We had to delay it to include all the new DX11 features."

I hope.

Thats the difference between me and people like you. i am a fan of gaming. your a fan of console x or PC .

If your a fan of gaming, you would pick up a ps3 and a 360 and enjoy lots of exclusive games that dont come out on pc's.

I'm a fan of gaming. Just not on anything from Microsoft or Sony. I might still own a console if Sega was in the business.

So why dont they all start making 2d games again? Whats this stupid obsession with 3d world games?

Its like all of a sudden if a game doesn't have a 3d environment its instantly trashed.

Not really related but whatever floats your boat.

Thats just stupid. Thats like saying if you where a real gaming fan you would have all the arcade systems too...

The console bashing that people spout on these forums has gotten ridiculous lately. Yes, technically this is a computer enthusiast forum, so it is to be expected that the gaming system of choice for most members is the PC. However, lately it has gotten to the point of being extremely short-sighted and "fanboy-ish" (for lack of a better word). If you don't like gaming on a console, don't bother playing one; that's fine. At least don't go bashing everyone who does enjoy console gaming because you think they are dumb for playing on what you deem as inferior. To some people having a game running at 100000x90000 with 16x AA and 16x AF on max settings is not as important as the overall experience of a game.

Personally, I enjoy both the PC and consoles. I will be doing a complete overhaul of my PC this summer because my rig has become pretty dated at this point, and I'd like to play some of what the PC has coming up in the next year. In the mean time, I'll also being enjoying console titles (Alan Wake included) on my 360.

I grew up playing mostly PC games. So yes, I am somewhat biased toward PCs. That isn't to say I'm completely against consoles. I own a 360 and I enjoy playing it. My preference still lies with PC games though because that's just what I'm used to playing. If there's ever a PC version of any console game, then I will most definitely pick the PC version. I'm far more adept with a mouse and keyboard than I'll ever be with a gamepad. Also, I like to tinker with games, especially those that can be modded or customized beyond what the developers had intended. I like to see what makes a game "tick", which is something that simply can't be done with a console.

As far as Alan Wake goes, I'm most disappointed in Microsoft's excuse to make it a 360 exclusive. I would have really loved to see the game in all its graphical glory on a PC, just like the screenshots and demo videos showed during early development.

I just hope they don't pull the same thing with Max Payne 3...

I agree. There's no way in hell I'm missing this game. I'm gonna pick it up launch day. Max Payne 1/2 are two of my all time favorite games.

I prefer PC games but there's no way I'll miss out on a good title just because it's on a console.

Remedy knows how to make a superb game. I've been waiting like 6 years for this game to hit.

I grew up playing mostly PC games. So yes, I am somewhat biased toward PCs. That isn't to say I'm completely against consoles. I own a 360 and I enjoy playing it. My preference still lies with PC games though because that's just what I'm used to playing. If there's ever a PC version of any console game, then I will most definitely pick the PC version. I'm far more adept with a mouse and keyboard than I'll ever be with a gamepad. Also, I like to tinker with games, especially those that can be modded or customized beyond what the developers had intended. I like to see what makes a game "tick", which is something that simply can't be done with a console.

As far as Alan Wake goes, I'm most disappointed in Microsoft's excuse to make it a 360 exclusive. I would have really loved to see the game in all its graphical glory on a PC, just like the screenshots and demo videos showed during early development.

I just hope they don't pull the same thing with Max Payne 3...

I'm kinda up and arms about MP3. The Noir was lost and the gritty dark undertones of the first games have been lost. I'm remaining as optimistic as possible but I feel it's gonna get a "gears" treatment.

Not really related but whatever floats your boat.

Thats just stupid. Thats like saying if you where a real gaming fan you would have all the arcade systems too...

What arcade systems? As far as i know, there are only 4 machines you can use at home for home use for playing games and thats the ps3, wii, 360 and a gaming pc.

I agree. There's no way in hell I'm missing this game. I'm gonna pick it up launch day. Max Payne 1/2 are two of my all time favorite games.

I prefer PC games but there's no way I'll miss out on a good title just because it's on a console.

Remedy knows how to make a superb game. I've been waiting like 6 years for this game to hit.

Exactly. let the PC fanboys play WOW or bad company 2 instead while 360 users will enjoy what i feel could be game of the year Alan wake.

Exactly. let the PC fanboys play WOW or bad company 2 instead while 360 users will enjoy what i feel could be game of the year Alan wake.

That's funny...

Alan Wake should be made PC for sure (as original plan over 2 years ago). The reason why is obvious.. 100x better graphics and controls, and as always, graphic customization. It looks good, why ruin it with a crappy 360? (I own and enjoy both, but this is stupid to not make it on PC)

Bad company 2 fanboy and PC does not go together quite as good as FANBOY and XBOX... and WoW? If Blizzard had half a brain, they would make WoW on consoles... easiest million dollars you could ever make.... the kiddies would buy it up.

This should be made exclusively for the PC, and then ported to 360 to make it the best outcome... 360 is just really dumbing stuff down, graphic and control wise.... horrible, horrible, I really wanted to play this game a long time ago because of the insane realism it showed... now its not appealing at all, this game will fail.

A game where you have to use a flashlight as a weapon? Anyone think of how horrible and limited that ended up becoming in Doom 3? I couldn't see shit without the damn flashlight, and it kept dying... what a horrible idea.

QFT! ! ! ::: Why does this quote reply thing never put in the quote???

That's funny...

Alan Wake should be made PC for sure (as original plan over 2 years ago). The reason why is obvious.. 100x better graphics and controls, and as always, graphic customization. It looks good, why ruin it with a crappy 360? (I own and enjoy both, but this is stupid to not make it on PC)

Bad company 2 fanboy and PC does not go together quite as good as FANBOY and XBOX... and WoW? If Blizzard had half a brain, they would make WoW on consoles... easiest million dollars you could ever make.... the kiddies would buy it up.

This should be made exclusively for the PC, and then ported to 360 to make it the best outcome... 360 is just really dumbing stuff down, graphic and control wise.... horrible, horrible, I really wanted to play this game a long time ago because of the insane realism it showed... now its not appealing at all, this game will fail.

Mate i have a i7 pc that i build the day it came out while most here was still pissing with a core 2 setup. I love gaming on pc more thanc onsoles but like i said before, i am fan of gaming not a fanboy of pc's so if i see a game tahts not out on the pc yout hink im dumb enough to piss about in forusm moaning why o why it didnt come out on pc? Nope i be too busy playing the damm thing. Yea i am a bit upset that this game diddnt come out on pc as was planned but im not going to boycott it because of that

Mate i have a i7 pc that i build the day it came out while most here was still pissing with a core 2 setup. I love gaming on pc more thanc onsoles but like i said before, i am fan of gaming not a fanboy of pc's so if i see a game tahts not out on the pc yout hink im dumb enough to piss about in forusm moaning why o why it didnt come out on pc? Nope i be too busy playing the damm thing. Yea i am a bit upset that this game diddnt come out on pc as was planned but im not going to boycott it because of that

I think boycotting it because no PC release is a pretty lame idea. If you own a 360 go enjoy it. I however am not going to buy a 360 just to play it which sucks.

Another lame idea is hanging out trolling people that are unhappy about the decision. Its a PC enthusiasts forum you should expect a certain degree of complaining when a very anticipated game is not coming for the PC like it was supposed to. Theres hardly anything unreasonable about that.

Looks awesome! To bad i dont own a 360. Maybe going to buy the game and borrow a 360, then sell the game when i have finished it.

I think boycotting it because no PC release is a pretty lame idea. If you own a 360 go enjoy it. I however am not going to buy a 360 just to play it which sucks.

Why? If I want Remedy to release Alan Wake for PC, buying it for Xbox360 isn't a good way to convince them to do that is it?

Why? If I want Remedy to release Alan Wake for PC, buying it for Xbox360 isn't a good way to convince them to do that is it?

In this day and age boycotts do not work. Especially in the gaming industry. Its a waste of time and the only one that ends up losing is the boycotter.

If you own a 360 just buy the damn game they will release it on the PC only if they want to. No boycott is going to sway microsoft.

Too bad. This game has potential. I hope a PC version is reconsidered if the game ends up being good. If the game sucks? Then there's no loss.

That's fine. I'm still not going to reward them for making a decision I don't like. I've got plenty of other games to play.

Im sure they will notice. The only one that loses is you...

Im sure they will notice. The only one that loses is you...

So he should go ahead and buy a console to play one game? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Was there even an official reason given for no PC version?

May 18th is the release date. Hopefully this will be a good game and if it sells well maybe there will be a reconsideration on a PC version.

Back