New Logitech G15 Keyboard *pictures*

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by GCTonyHawk7, Nov 11, 2007.

1. GCTonyHawk7

GCTonyHawk7 Limp Gawd

Hey guys. Got the new Logitech G15 keyboard for my birthday today. I love photography, so I documented the occasion. Check them out.

[​IMG]

Since Google did not make this easy to grad the image URLs, you can go here to check out the rest of the pictures:

Logitech G15 Keyboard Picture Gallery

Hope you like it, feel free to ask questions. :)

2. leSLIe

leSLIe Fisting is Too Mainstream for Me

but what is "new" about this G15 ?

3. GCTonyHawk7

GCTonyHawk7 Limp Gawd

There are less G-keys, the screen is smaller but nicer to read, it is smaller, and the backlight is orange instead of blue.

I love it. Typing is really nice on it.

4. Troz

Troz Limp Gawd

Also the LCD is always up, instead of being able to close it like on the old one.

5. GCTonyHawk7

GCTonyHawk7 Limp Gawd

Yup, it is cool. You can easilly turn the backlight off if you don't want to see it. But it looks nicer when it is not on a hinge.

6. crashthenet44

crashthenet44 Limp Gawd

7. brysig228

brysig228 Gawd

Happy Beer-day and congrats on your new keyboard...

8. compslckr

compslckr [H]ardForum Junkie

Nice product shots, what are you using for a camera / setup?

9. hity645

hity645 [H]ardness Supreme

Crap looks like a no go for me, its a nice keyboard I love the always up screen, but there is no volume dial...which I love.

10. coolie_d

coolie_d 2[H]4U

y'know, I kinda liked the old G15 better, still using one on my Linux box............ kind of reminds me of the F-117A Nighthawk (Stealth Fighter) with it's geometric angles and stuff...........

11. Zepher

Zepher [H]ipster Replacement

I switched to the new one as well. The orange backlighting is actually easier to read when it's dark in the room.
    I had to get used to not having the volume knob and the reduction of G keys didn't affect me as I didn't use any of them anyways.

12. heatlesssun

heatlesssun [H]ard as it Gets

I got one of these a couple of weeks ago, and I think that this keyboard is a bit of step back, but the key touch is better.

I'm kind of disappointed in Logitech's products this fall. The new G15 isn't a bad keyboard, but its not a real improvement of the old G15. My guess is that this keyboard is cheaper to make and it still retails for the same, so that's smart business move.

And on the mouse front, it looks like they've dropped the G7 wireless gaming mouse, which is simply my favorite mouse ever, the black carbon fiber version. All it needed was a back button and it would be perfect.

Hope you had a great birthday!:D

13. zmjone2992

zmjone2992 [H]ard|Gawd

the g-15 looks like a toughbook kinda keyboard.....well you know what I mean. Anyhow, it looks like you could use it as a weapon.

14. GCTonyHawk7

GCTonyHawk7 Limp Gawd

I actually have a Casio Z850 compact camera on a tripod. I just layed down some poster-board and used the manual exposure. Simple yet effective. For the desk-shots, keyboard and natural light.

Ya, I would love a volume dial too. Oh well, I have a volume know ob my MX Revolution mouse.

Haha, good idea. If only it were wireless, that would be easier.

15. zmjone2992

zmjone2992 [H]ard|Gawd

it is a combo weapon. First bludgeon them, then use the usb cable as a garrote. Very effective!

16. Mr. Wolf

Mr. Wolf [H]ardness Supreme

I ordered one, yesterday. I like the new version's smaller size and fewer keys on the left side. Mine should arrive Wednesday.

17. Catch22sk8r

Catch22sk8r [H]ard|Gawd

i kinda like that , maybe ill finally buy one

18. GCTonyHawk7

GCTonyHawk7 Limp Gawd

It is kind of cool. It is like I am infuencing peoples sales on the keyboard. Pictures say 1000 words. :D

19. Darundal

Darundal Limp Gawd

Used it at quakecon, wasn't impressed with how the keys feel, although I will admit the keyboard itself felt a lot better in a non-typing way. Was definitely blown away by the G9 mouse however, and most assuredly intend to get one of those at some point.

20. GCTonyHawk7

GCTonyHawk7 Limp Gawd

I have found that as the keys start to break in, it is a really nice keyboard to type on. Seems like you can just go so fast because the keys have such a nice response to them.

21. WesM63

WesM63 2[H]4U

I really like my old G15, but i think its time to goto the new one. I never really used the G keys so the saved space will be better.

22. Mr. Wolf

Mr. Wolf [H]ardness Supreme

I just got home to find my G15 box perched against my door. I love it when new toys are delivered ahead of schedule. :D

I'll post my comments/pics in a day or two.

23. roaf85

roaf85 2[H]4U

Some pros and cons of the old G15. Still in the end I never want to buy one.

Pros
    Keys are useful in MMOs
    The screen is nice to view
    Easy to assign macros on the fly

Cons
    Keys feel like shit
    Paint wears off - supposely this is fix i dont believe it since it feels like the cheapest keyboard
    USB problems - this should be fixed with later revisions
    Keyboard is wide as shit
    Software that comes with keyboard is shit
    Software uses alot of resources