New Linux-based tablet OS – JingOS set for January 31 launch

auntjemima

[H]ard DCOTM x2
https://goodereader.com/blog/tablet...ed-tablet-os-jingos-set-for-january-31-launch

There is something very special that is going to occur on January 31st, 2021. The world will witness the launch of a brand-new operating system meant for use on a tablet device. JingOS, as the platform is named, is based on Linux and will spawn into other variants as well. For instance, there is going to be one that would be ideal for smartphone-like devices.

Pretty cool, if you ask me! I installed Ubuntu on a Windows 8.1 tablet years ago and the pain doing that was crazy. Scripts for rotating, audio conundrums. Will be nice to try one specifically for tablets.

It's neat, but it's basically an iPadOS clone (without the apps) and a dash of Samsung DeX thrown in. I suspect Apple and Google aren't about to lose sleep!
I don't imagine they would. Their ecosystems are well planted.

I like the idea for myself lol

It's neat, but it's basically an iPadOS clone (without the apps) and a dash of Samsung DeX thrown in. I suspect Apple and Google aren't about to lose sleep!
I don't imagine they would. Their ecosystems are well planted.

I like the idea for myself lol

Yep but, for those who care about their privacy, this could be a big deal. I do not use a tablet myself but, if it worked as a Phone OS and could be used as a daily driver, that would be great.

Yep but, for those who care about their privacy, this could be a big deal. I do not use a tablet myself but, if it worked as a Phone OS and could be used as a daily driver, that would be great.

kind of neat but is it really that useful?

That's a no from me, because there is probably embedded telemetry code to send data straight to the PRC's MSS.

Screenshot_20210201-155916.png

Thats a big no from me, been keeping my eye out for a mobile linux option for a while, this is not it

Ubuntu already has a phone and tablet version. Never tried it. I expect this is Chinese spyware.

Back