New Lian Li PC-V354 m.atx case : Specification & Feature

i just picked up a 354v off the egg for $87 shipped. anyhow, ill be running a gene-z 1v z68 and 2500k. can anyone confirm working coolers for this case and board? i'm think h60 or noctua ch12. any help with this would be great.

Also ordered one from newegg for $87. Moving my OpenIndiana system into it. Going to need all drive bays for 2tb disks.

i just picked up a 354v off the egg for $87 shipped. anyhow, ill be running a gene-z 1v z68 and 2500k. can anyone confirm working coolers for this case and board?
Good price! I have a similar setup but air... 1st bought A70 but too tall so bought Noctua NH-U9B SE2.

just couldn't pass that deal up myself

Good price! I have a similar setup but air... 1st bought A70 but too tall so bought Noctua NH-U9B SE2.

great little cooler,but i have an hx750 psu and i'm really worried about clearance. then after alittle more reading i might not go h60 either to due longer vcards. theres some great rigs in this thread,but i wish people took better pictures of ram and heatink clearance.

i would love to see more pics with hseries coolers mounted some where other than the front.

Just picked one up from the egg, will be moving my solaris machine over from a pos old coolermaster matx, will post photos of the move.

great little cooler,but i have an hx750 psu and i'm really worried about clearance. then after alittle more reading i might not go h60 either to due longer vcards. theres some great rigs in this thread,but i wish people took better pictures of ram and heatink clearance.

i would love to see more pics with hseries coolers mounted some where other than the front.

I'm not sure what I'll be using for cooling yet, but if I use my h60 or 620 I'll not have it in front.

i think a modular would be the best bet for a cleaner look and air flow. as far as wattage go's,depends on hardware. i think any good 550w would be perfect for any newer single card setup. i been eyeing up the seasonic 560x

Modular for sure. How big a psu will depend on what you plan to do with it. For single GPU and overclocking a 600w should be plenty but you can get by with less. I have a 850w modular unit in mine in case I ever wanted to go dual 6950s.

Modular for sure. How big a psu will depend on what you plan to do with it. For single GPU and overclocking a 600w should be plenty but you can get by with less. I have a 850w modular unit in mine in case I ever wanted to go dual 6950s.

my 750 is left over from a crossfire setup to.

I've got an Asus P8B-M Server board in my one, there is less than 1cm of space to the RAM (not low-profile) and around 1cm of space to a RAID Controller, and of course the power supply height of around 90cm, am struggling to find an after-market cooler that will fit. Does anyone know of a cooler with the same width/length dimensions of the stock intel cooler and < 90cm tall? Would also go for a water cooling kit if it can use the rear fan without a 120mm adapter, all front HDD bays are used. Cooling doesn't need to be amazing, just better than stock and quieter, not being oc'ed. CPU is a Xeon E3-1230.

well i'm going to start tearing down my arc mini in the morng and start moving parts to my v354. i've decided this is the only way i'm going to get a true measurment for a cpu cooler. i really like this case but, i can see this is going to be an adventure to put together,lol.

i haven't ordered a cooler yet, still going back and forth on the h60 and noctua ch12

i haven't ordered a cooler yet, still going back and forth on the h60 and noctua ch12

If you don't need the drive bays, the H60 is a no-brainer. Go for it!

I needed the drive bays, so i'm all air. I managed to fit a NH-U12P HSF in there but with at 120x12mm slim fan; regular fan wouldn't fit with power supply.

i think im going to stay with air cooling. i want to be able to use my drive bays and all my fans. i've looked at so my fans,but we're pretty limited on what we can use. to be honest though, i dont really need a top notch cooler. i have no plans of oc'ing this thing. i just want something alittle better than stock.

Need some cable management advice. Do you guys run the ATX and 8 pin EPS cables UNDER the motherboard? I think that might clean things up a bit for me.

im itching to start mine, but im still waiting on two rma's on other parts. i curious about the cable management myself. i got a feeling i'm going to be ordering some extra cables.

hey guys... just about to start my v354 build... going to be using a h50 that i had mounted in my SG05 (boy that was fun!) and i'm seeing some people mount it down the front in a push/pull config and some at the top rear... i'm wondering what will be the best config...

front mount push/pull worries me as technically you're blowing hot air onto the gpu, no?

i'm actually thinking mounting to the roof of the case might be the best move, thoughts?

hey guys... just about to start my v354 build... going to be using a h50 that i had mounted in my SG05 (boy that was fun!) and i'm seeing some people mount it down the front in a push/pull config and some at the top rear... i'm wondering what will be the best config...

front mount push/pull worries me as technically you're blowing hot air onto the gpu, no?

i'm actually thinking mounting to the roof of the case might be the best move, thoughts?
im still on the fence with my cooling, but if it where me, i'd mount it in the front. i dont want to drill new holes in the rear for it, nor do i want to lose space in the front incase i go with a longer vcard. if you do decide to mount it up top plz post pictures. i was wondering about this myself. i'll more than likely go air cooling on mine.

Just measure it out if you plan on mounting it on top, cause it might be too close to the mobo.

Has anyone fitted a GTX 670 in this case? Im thinking it should fit just fine if I remove the lower hard drive chassis.

for tower coolers like the Noctua U9B-SE2, would you recommend doing a push pull front to back or would you go for the top exhaust?

Has anyone fitted a GTX 670 in this case? Im thinking it should fit just fine if I remove the lower hard drive chassis.

I've got a 680 in mine, don't see why a 670 wouldn't fit.
for tower coolers like the Noctua U9B-SE2, would you recommend doing a push pull front to back or would you go for the top exhaust?

I think front-back would be better since you wouldn't be sucking hot air off of the graphics card.

Thanks Wysockisauce, now I just need to get the courage to drop this amount on a graphics card :eek:

I had two MSI 6970 Lightning cards in mine and there was still room to spare so a 670 will fit easily.

Hey guys. I have this case a well, with a GTX580.

I want to watercool the GTX580, does anyone know if there's a solution that will work for this case? (I think the GFX is too close to the PSU so the nipples would hit the PSU, no?)

Cheers,

Hello.... I'm new the the forums and wanted to share. I recently put together a new build using this PC-V354B case and a Corsair H-60 cooler. After seeing some great photos and build logs here at HardForum using this case I decided I would try my hand at modding. It was also my first attempt at sleeving. I could not stand the silver hard drive bays and optical drive bay, so i painted them black. I do not have the time / patients to take the supports out and re-rivet. I will make sure to post some pics of my build when I get home.

Edit:
Here is a picture of where it stands now. Still waiting to throw in a Radeon 7970 =)

LianLibuildpics2009smaler.jpg

Last edited:

My case is front to back, with the top being an intake for the CPU cooler. Strange, but it works great.

Back