New Lian Li PC-V354 m.atx case : Specification & Feature

Here's mine, inside look :D
DSC01840.jpg

Its bit stuffed atm, will change cpu cooler thoughe.
Gets way to hot from the 2 gpu's, will get a corsair H60 and see how that go's.

Gpu's are not that hot running max load on the hots t one is 85°c load.

Can't the cpu cooler go the other way? As it'll just be sucking hot air off the cards as it is, btw what board is that?

Can't the cpu cooler go the other way? As it'll just be sucking hot air off the cards as it is, btw what board is that?
Probably not ... b/c of the RAM. Also, keep in mind that there's a PSU and a helluva lot of cables that need to go in before the case is closed (obstructing cold air from front) ... I like it when the case is taken to the limit though ;)

has anyone had any issues carrying this on an airplane? I know that carry on dimensions are usually 22x14x9" and this case is 9.65" wide.

the standard carry-on bag is 22x14x9. the "maximum" allowed is a total of 45". i have take a carry-on bag that is roughly 26x14x10, i did have a hard time putting it above but it fit. if you have a larger suit-case than 22x14x9 or planning on taking your SFF be sure to be one of the 1st ones to check in so you can get priority seating so you wont be forced to check in your bag. today im going to test if i can take a h70 as carry-on, if i can i will be bringing my new PC all over .my specs are:
Lian Li PC-V354
2600k @4.7ghz
16g ram @ 1800mghz
2 6950 unlocked to 6970
gigabyte z68mx motherboard
120g vortex 3 SSD
2 640g in raid 0 (might get rid of this raid and just buy another SSD and raid that instead.)
usb WIFI card(didnt come build int motherboard...)
G930 headset
i will keep you all posted!

PS. i purchased a QMICRA v1 case but it doesn't have 5 slots for my crossfire, if anyone is interested let me know. its being used as paper-weight at the moment.

Vertical is definitely the right way for the CPU cooler to exhaust, for this case. However, the stock fan at the top is only ~850 RPM and doesn't move enough air for me. Eventually, I'll replace it; just need to find one quiet enough.

Its a Gigabyte Z68MX UD2H-B3 ;).
And the cpu can only get hot air, gpu's suck alot off air in and the HDD warm the rest.

Whats in the case is:
Intel i5 2500k
Gigabyte Z68mx
8gb kingston memory
2x Evga GTX580
Corsair HX1000watt
2x 1TB hdd
1x 750gb hdd
1x OCZ SSD sata3
dvd drive.

il take pic with psu in it is full, but cabel are not infront off the front fans!

hope i can mount a Corsair H60 on the butom part off the case :D.

hi to all. thank you for this great thread. I own a red pc-v354 and about to buy a Gigabyte Z68MX UD2H-B3. the thing is I can't understand if a Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.2 CPU Cooler
would fit in the case. Is the cpu position of the gigabyte too centered for the Prolimatech to fit as it would take space required for the PSU? any ideas?

Last edited:
This case looks like it can achieve a solid water cooling system, utilizing the front fans plus a 240 radiator, the top hole can be modded to a 140mm fan hole to fit a 140 radiator, and the back can fit a 120mm fan and 120 radiator, possibly even a 140mm/140 combo.

I'm topping out at 73c at stock speeds when running IBT and obviously higher when I attempt any sort of overclock. I've reseated cpu cooler, installed more case fans, and am not sure if I should try anything else or just throw in the towel. Am I doing something wrong or is it possible that I just got a really hot cpu? Here are my specs:

Lian Li PC-V354
Asus P8P67-M Pro
i5 2500k @3.3ghz
Noctua NH-U9B SE Cooler
8 MB ripjaws ram @1600mghz
MSI GTX 570 twin Frozr III
Intel 510 120GB SSD
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HD
Corsair HX 850W
Asus DVD Player

I replaced the stock LED intake fans with 1200 RPM Scythe Slipstream fans and added a rear exhaust Scythe fan. Kept the stock 140mm top exhaust fan. Would love to be able to overclock this, but I'm not even comfortable with my temps at stock speeds. Any advice would be much appreciated!

I replaced the stock LED intake fans with 1200 RPM Scythe Slipstream fans and added a rear exhaust Scythe fan. Kept the stock 140mm top exhaust fan. Would love to be able to overclock this, but I'm not even comfortable with my temps at stock speeds. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Get a graphics card that exhausts to the back? Other than that (and, potentially, some better cabling), 75C under load is not all that bad.

the standard carry-on bag is 22x14x9. the "maximum" allowed is a total of 45". i have take a carry-on bag that is roughly 26x14x10, i did have a hard time putting it above but it fit. if you have a larger suit-case than 22x14x9 or planning on taking your SFF be sure to be one of the 1st ones to check in so you can get priority seating so you wont be forced to check in your bag. today im going to test if i can take a h70 as carry-on, if i can i will be bringing my new PC all over .my specs are:
Lian Li PC-V354
2600k @4.7ghz
16g ram @ 1800mghz
2 6950 unlocked to 6970
gigabyte z68mx motherboard
120g vortex 3 SSD
2 640g in raid 0 (might get rid of this raid and just buy another SSD and raid that instead.)
usb WIFI card(didnt come build int motherboard...)
G930 headset
i will keep you all posted!

PS. i purchased a QMICRA v1 case but it doesn't have 5 slots for my crossfire, if anyone is interested let me know. its being used as paper-weight at the moment.

Any luck with both the v354 and the h70? Did it fit into the overhead without any problems?

really interested in getting this case, just wondering how much room in cm is there between the graphics card and the power supply?

I wish I had an exact measurement. You shouldn't have any issues getting a long GPU in this case, as long as it's not a card like an MSI Lightning series card. You can fit a 5970 in this case, which I believe is about the same length as a GTX 590.

Take a look at the case from this shot, maybe it will give you a better idea. I'd say my Xigmatek Loki is closer to the PSU than any of the add-in cards. The Xigmatek Loki CPU HS/F is 134mm tall and it makes a tight fit :~)

S6301447.jpg

I wish I had an exact measurement. You shouldn't have any issues getting a long GPU in this case, as long as it's not a card like an MSI Lightning series card. You can fit a 5970 in this case, which I believe is about the same length as a GTX 590.

Take a look at the case from this shot, maybe it will give you a better idea. I'd say my Xigmatek Loki is closer to the PSU than any of the add-in cards. The Xigmatek Loki CPU HS/F is 134mm tall and it makes a tight fit :~)

thats perfect dude cheers for that. looks to be enough room for a 5850 OC which is quite wide.

its a toss up between this and the tj08e

i was home free! so close!! a douche bag tried to move my bag so he can put his bag of tampons and then he complained it was too heavy. they forced me to weight it and it was 35lbs. they told me to either check it in or not to bring it at all. i told them to shove it and i will take the next flight. i called my wife to come and pick it up, there was no way that i was going to check it in. moving forward i'll just put both video cards and the HDD case in my laptop bag.
TSA questioned it and did extra screening but besides that its fine to bring it on a plane. i installed the h70 on the rear exhaust with push pull configuration. i did have to place one of the fans on the outside of the case using longer screws. the pc runs amazing and its super cool with the h70.i have the 2600k OC to 4.7ghz and not once did it go above 65c. i did buy 3 new fans with cfm of 80+. it can be loud for those who care about how loud it is but i will be using my g930 headset.
i will post pictures when i get back from Canada( i was going to take pictures and post them once i got to the hotel in Canada.)

Last edited:
i was home free! so close!! a douche bag tried to move my bag so he can put his bag of tampons and then he complained it was too heavy. they forced me to weight it and it was 35lbs. they told me to either check it in or not to bring it at all. i told them to shove it and i will take the next flight. i called my wife to come and pick it up, there was no way that i was going to check it in. moving forward i'll just put both video cards and the HDD case in my laptop bag.
TSA questioned it and did extra screening but besides that its fine to bring it on a plane. i installed the h70 on the rear exhaust with push pull configuration. i did have to place one of the fans on the outside of the case using longer screws. the pc runs amazing and its super cool with the h70.i have the 2600k OC to 4.7ghz and not once did it go above 65c. i did buy 3 new fans with cfm of 80+. it can be loud for those who care about how loud it is but i will be using my g930 headset.
i will post pictures when i get back from Canada( i was going to take pictures and post them once i got to the hotel in Canada.)

Sorry to hear about that! Did they notice the h70 or the dimensions or anything like that? They didn't let you take some parts out either and put it in another bag?

Its a Gigabyte Z68MX UD2H-B3 ;).
And the cpu can only get hot air, gpu's suck alot off air in and the HDD warm the rest.

Whats in the case is:
Intel i5 2500k
Gigabyte Z68mx
8gb kingston memory
2x Evga GTX580
Corsair HX1000watt
2x 1TB hdd
1x 750gb hdd
1x OCZ SSD sata3
dvd drive.

il take pic with psu in it is full, but cabel are not infront off the front fans!

hope i can mount a Corsair H60 on the butom part off the case :D.

Does the bottom pci-e slot run at 8x also if the one above isnt populated? as i thought the bottom one was 4x

I want to use this case badly since I go to quite a few LANs and hate carrying my heavy steel mid tower. But I would like to keep all of the hard drive bays. I have a 5850 and was wondering if anyone here has been able to fit a card of this size in the case and keep both cages. Thanks :p

hi to all. thank you for this great thread. I own a red pc-v354 and about to buy a Gigabyte Z68MX UD2H-B3. the thing is I can't understand if a Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.2 CPU Cooler
would fit in the case. Is the cpu position of the gigabyte too centered for the Prolimatech to fit as it would take space required for the PSU? any ideas?

Yep, I reply to myself so I can help others. The above compination is not working. The megahelms won't fit because the cpu position of the Gigabyte Z68MX motherboard is positioned kinda low and so the megahelm obstructs the PSU. Any suggestions on what cooler to use? The Noctua maybe? Xigmatec? I am afraid to use solutions like Corsair H80 because I want to install the cooling and forget about it for years. I think this is not the case with watercooling. So, any suggestions???

Last edited:
Noctua NH-U9B is the cooler rocking in my Lian Li. I am not pushing anything hardcore though so I kept the stock fans.

Yep, I reply to myself so I can help others. The above compination is not working. The megahelms won't fit because the cpu position of the Gigabyte Z68MX motherboard is positioned kinda low and so the megahelm obstructs the PSU. Any suggestions on what cooler to use? The Noctua maybe? Xigmatec? I am afraid to use solutions like Corsair H80 because I want to install the cooling and forget about it for years. I think this is not the case with watercooling. So, any suggestions???

The h50/h60 have been reported to fit inside this case. The Corsair H series is fully self contained and doesn't need any maintenance outside of just installing it.

The h50/h60 have been reported to fit inside this case. The Corsair H series is fully self contained and doesn't need any maintenance outside of just installing it.

As I understand it, the circulating liquid does (slowly) evaporate through the material of the tubes ... this will need to be dealt with sooner or later. Not sure what Corsair specifies as the adequate performance time, but it may not satisfy the poster's "forget it for years" requirement.

As I understand it, the circulating liquid does (slowly) evaporate through the material of the tubes ... this will need to be dealt with sooner or later. Not sure what Corsair specifies as the adequate performance time, but it may not satisfy the poster's "forget it for years" requirement.

That is why you monitor CPU temps from time to time. The units have a 2 year warranty so basically after 2 years you watch for any signs of rising temps. Most users of a Hydro Cooler are pretty avid enthusiasts so I suspect they will know when something is going bad. I also imagine the manufacturers will improve upon the units and extend their life as newer models come out or are refreshed.

I've been interested in the matx form factor for a long time. I don't see myself fullyusing a regular atx boards functionality anyways. This case looks like a dream!

The Corsair H60 I've installed in my V354 came with a 5 year warranty. So in 5 years time I'll try to remember to let you know how it's doing :)
I have some pics too, just need to upload them some where so I can link to them.

Antony

The Corsair H60 I've installed in my V354 came with a 5 year warranty. So in 5 years time I'll try to remember to let you know how it's doing :)
I have some pics too, just need to upload them some where so I can link to them.

Antony

yes please link! any clearance/space issues with fans in push/pull with the h60?

Hi everybody, I'm another newbie who was prompted to join HardForum by this thread. I just picked up a PC-V354B and a motley collection of parts to put into it. (I try to buy local, but I live in a rural area and the nearby PC parts shop doesn't have the biggest selection of parts.) After seeing the pictures of Corsair H50s mounted in the V354 in this thread, I was inspired to try something similar. The local parts shop did happen to have an H60 handy, so I went with that.

First I tried mounting the radiator as Antony did, in push-pull with the hoses on the mobo side of the case. But I discovered that this caused one of the hoses to flex downward and press against the edge of my longish graphics card (MSI GTX560Ti).

So I pulled out the radiator, rotated both fans 108 degrees (so the power leads wouldn't be on the wrong side of the box), then remounted the radiator with the hoses extending out to the open side of the box. The hoses on the H60 are just long enough that this is possible. They run straight out in parallel and don't touch the graphics card. They also don't interfere with the upper HDD cage at all, which is good.

There's only one downside to this arrangement: the radiator head (the bit the hoses attach to) extends very slightly into the area occupied by the L-shaped bracket used to stabilize the HDD cages. I'll either have to do without the bracket and hope one thumbscrew is enough to stabilize my HDD cage, or cut a notch out of the bracket so that it will fit around the radiator.

I've got before and after pics, if I can figure out how to attach them to a post.

Last edited:
Thanks Bradmax! I've resisted getting an image hosting account up till now, but I guess it's time. :p

Here's the before picture (the red arrow shows where the hose is pressing down on the graphics card):

Before.jpg

And here's the after picture:

After.jpg

I also turned the hard drives around in their cage so I will be able to disconnect them and slide the cage out quickly if need be. With the HDD cage removed, there's plenty of space to work on stuff hidden behind the radiator. It's also possible to slide the whole radiator/fan assembly out, e.g. to clean the dust filter. The hoses on the H60 are much longer than I expected; I'm quite pleased with that aspect of the H60's design.

Last edited:
The hoses on the H60 are shorter than the ones on the H50 I hear. Probably why more people choose the H50 over the H60 in many builds today. I havent had the chance to use the H60 yet. The H60 had just come out when I built my V354 rig recently and I already had the H50 in hand. It works well though. I have it set up as a push/pull set up. I pulled both drive cages though so it would have best airflow and be ready for that second 6950 if I ever get around to buying one and installing it.

I chose the H60 because it reportedly outperformed the H50 in every review I read, and it was also said to be quieter. Oh, and it was a good 10 bucks cheaper at the shop where I buy my parts. (They had to have one sent over from another shop, because they were sold out; but there were still several H50s on the shelf.)

A FAQ on Corsair's site gives the H60's hose length as 11.5 inches; in Corsair's forums, one of their reps is quoted as saying that the hoses on the H50 are 11 to 12 inches. So it would seem they are more or less the same. I think either one is a good size for this case.

Thanks Bradmax! I've resisted getting an image hosting account up till now, but I guess it's time. :p

I also turned the hard drives around in their cage so I will be able to disconnect them and slide the cage out quickly if need be. With the HDD cage removed, there's plenty of space to work on stuff hidden behind the radiator. It's also possible to slide the whole radiator/fan assembly out, e.g. to clean the dust filter. The hoses on the H60 are much longer than I expected; I'm quite pleased with that aspect of the H60's design.

Is there room for the RAM in that picture? Also is there a reason why you didn't mount the h60 on the rear fan?

Is there room for the RAM in that picture? Also is there a reason why you didn't mount the h60 on the rear fan?
There *is* RAM in that picture (slots 2 & 4). Mounting in the back may not be possible unless the the top fan is removed.

Back