New Lian Li PC-V354 m.atx case : Specification & Feature

people who saw my U9B-SE photos said "OMG THAT THING IS HUGE"

then i put it next to my Noctua NH-D14 and they said wow... excessive -.-

and some people thought i was going passive cooling.... im very shocked my friends havent been into tower coolers. maybe im the only overclocking enthusiast out of all of them :D

I chose the EVO over the Pro/CSM version because it has (1) PCI and (1) PCI-Express x4 slot (not including the 2 x16 slots, with 1 running at x4). Also the EVO does have display port and I noticed the Pro/CSM version doesn't have VRM heatsinks on all the power/mosfet area of the socket while the EVO does.

My Sony NEC PATA drive is working great :~)

booo they don't sell Optiarc PATA drives anymore. but in the meantime I dug up some toshiba drive from like 2000. I probably don't need DVD-RW capabilities so I'm ok. Worst comes to worst I can pull out my Optiarc 7201 OATA in my main rig and replace that with a newer SATA drive...

booo they don't sell Optiarc PATA drives anymore. but in the meantime I dug up some toshiba drive from like 2000. I probably don't need DVD-RW capabilities so I'm ok. Worst comes to worst I can pull out my Optiarc 7201 OATA in my main rig and replace that with a newer SATA drive...

Why?! They just had a 20% off sale on Newegg with some free shipping on most of the DVD/RW drives in their inventory. For like $18 you can get a new drive.

Am I missing something?:confused::D

dmo580, I have a NEC ND-3450A (DVD-RW w/DL), which, I believe, came on the heels of the Optiarc series ... PM me, if interested

After seeing your guys cases I took the plunge and got my own LOL. here are my pics of what went inside and completed.

I am waiting for the water cooling stuff so I can continue my build enjoy and thanks for the pics it was my determining factor to get this case.

SDC11682.jpg

SDC11710.jpg

pump.jpg

SDC11732.jpg

Last edited:
After seeing your guys cases I took the plunge and got my own LOL. here are my pics of what went inside and completed.

I am waiting for the water cooling stuff so I can continue my build enjoy and thanks for the pics it was my determining factor to get this case.

Nice build! Hopefully you will give a nice parts run down when you finish it up with the water cooling. And you are brave buttoning it up with the air knowing you are going to have to go back in with a screwdriver once again.

Thought id post a few snaps of what was supposed to be the finished project on here as i got inspiration from this thread. After reading 38 odd pages decided to take the plunge!!

If anyones interested im taking a dremel to this to try and improve tempretures and will post up some pics.. Im going to cut fan holes at the bottom so can place 2 x 120mm fan there blowing directly on the GPU.

Anyhow heres how it looks now

Thought id post a few snaps of what was supposed to be the finished project on here as i got inspiration from this thread. After reading 38 odd pages decided to take the plunge!!

If anyones interested im taking a dremel to this to try and improve tempretures and will post up some pics.. Im going to cut fan holes at the bottom so can place 2 x 120mm fan there blowing directly on the GPU.

Anyhow heres how it looks now

Nice. Really nice. I see you did a little custom color work with the painting of the drive cages and going black on blue throughout. Would love to see the final job with the custom fans on the bottom.

How dare you deviate from the thread! Well, okay. Maybe put this in the Eyefinity thread as well.

I didnt mean to but I didnt want to post like a mellion pictures and then be called out a threa highjacker. Thats why.

As for the eyfinity thread i will once i Actually finish my desk build and get some lngeer cables.

And Skakruk your 212 will definatly fit. I had a TX3 and the 212 on this case and both fit fine. the 212 was a very tight fit though.

ok theres no going back now!!

Marked out

scored, went round about 8 times with a 409

Cut with the carbon fibre reinforced disk

quick sand and gone over edges with a black marker

Pritty pleased, didnt want to spend to long as this will be unseen. Little upset at cutting joles slightly too big. Used the outer ring of the fan grill to mark but on reflect the 2nd last would have been better.

With some rubber edge trim in place

Then sprayed a couple of noctua black

Good placement on the lower holes.

What will you using to reduce the fan speed?

What type of video card is placed in there?

Thank you for clear pictures.

Good placement on the lower holes.

What will you using to reduce the fan speed?

What type of video card is placed in there?

Thank you for clear pictures.

No problem, if you want can upload my note drawings with all dimentions and measurements on.

I can huck them up to the fan controller by rigging wires together but theres no need considering these noctuas are virtually silent. Also can use the resistor cables 7v that come with the fans if i find them too loud.

Im cooling a Gainward GTX 570 Phantom, which was reaching 96c and still heating up @ 100% fan speed before i shut it down. This was in furmark btw.

The proof if this has helped will come again when i measure temps again when finished.

No matter how many different setups I see with this case I love them all. This case is awesome, which is why I bought a black version. I'm actually considering another build now using a red one but I'd like to try mini itx this time so I may go with a Lian-Li PC-08 instead.... dunno yet.

wtf i looked at my case today and i don't see 4 feet on the bottom. only 3/4 are there. either i dragged this thing across the carpet and it fell off or something but I doubt it! I just got this 2 weeks ago and barely moved my system... the side door is still off. total wtf. i scoured the room and i can't find it. i may have to return to newegg...

that and i'm missing a rubber grommet for my HD tray... I'm using all 7 slots too. i highly doubt I rubbed one off as this is brand new system... lol

anyone else feel that the new v354 is a miniaturized version of a tower chassis? I think the design waste a lot space, like in the 5.25" drive bay and made everything cramp by the video/psu area.

AHH! Guys help. One of the fans in the front of this case is SQUEEKING! Please recommend replacement fans. Clear or Blue LED. Or can I greese these fans?

I went for the S-Flex's. I like them but I am sure anything that doesn't squeak at this point would be better than what you have going on.

Hi guys, could someone post a pic of this case near himself or some other object to help me understand better its real size? :)

People also come in different sizes (S, M, L, XL, .. you know ;))
Case dimensions are: (W) 245mm x (H) 320mm x (D) 420mm

Here's a link to specs

I know, but I'd like to see it next to something... e.g. I saw a thermaltake armor a30 next to a coca-cola bottle and that gave me an idea of how bulk it was!

Make a carton box with those WxHxD and put it next to whatever you'd like to see it next to.

How do you guys think this case would handle a i5 2500k cooled by a h50/h60 with push/pull fans and twin frozr 560Ti SLI if I remove both the HDD cages?

How do you guys think this case would handle a i5 2500k cooled by a h50/h60 with push/pull fans and twin frozr 560Ti SLI if I remove both the HDD cages?

I can fit two ATI 6950 cards in my V354 and I have a H50 in mine set up as push/pull on the radiator. I also have the two hdd cages removed for improved air flow. The 6950 is an 11.5" card. The Twin Frozr 560Ti is 9.5" long from what I hear. The V354 has room to fit 13" long cards. The problem is not the case. The problem, if any, is the width of two Twin Frozr 560Ti in SLI. If you can find a motherboard that will hold them properly then its only a small matter of getting the right amount of power to run them. Do that and I see no problems whatsoever. I would suggest pulling the front two stock case fans and put something better in though. I used the Noctua NF-P12 as my choice. Moves much more air than the stock fans and does it extremely more quiet. A second choice would be the Scythe S-Flex 'F' model fan. Pushes a little bit more air than the Noctua but not quite as quiet. Cheaper though. The NF-P12 fans run about $25 each. All my fans are set to full speed. I cant hear anything and it sits maybe 18" away from me on the desk. I hope this info helps. :)

I can fit two ATI 6950 cards in my V354 and I have a H50 in mine set up as push/pull on the radiator. I also have the two hdd cages removed for improved air flow. The 6950 is an 11.5" card. The Twin Frozr 560Ti is 9.5" long from what I hear. The V354 has room to fit 13" long cards. The problem is not the case. The problem, if any, is the width of two Twin Frozr 560Ti in SLI.

I'd like to do a 6950 crossfire too, what about temps? Are yours normal under load? Did you get two reference 6950? :)

I'd like to do a 6950 crossfire too, what about temps? Are yours normal under load? Did you get two reference 6950? :)

Let me clarify my post a bit. I'm only running a single 6950 at the moment. I know the case will fit two in CF however. I did the measurements and visually I know it will work. I know my mobo will fit two 6950 GPUs. I plan to add the second 6950 later this year sometime. Thats why I removed the two drive cages so the case would be ready whenever I got around to adding a second card. Right now I'm running a HIS HD 6950 2GB model. Its stock right now but I can flash it up to a 6970. This model is out of stock it seems. I might have missed the boat on finding another that can be flashed up to the 6970. I'm fine with that however because even 2x6950 will power 1920x1200 quite well. So far the single GPU is doing a fine job.

I really don't think temps are going to be a problem the way I have my case set up. In my opinion the only problem users will face is finding a mATX mobo that will allow for two GPU. mATX mobos don't have the space like ATX mobos have so GPU choice in CF/SLI set up will have to be a bit more particular. Some models of GPUs will work and some won't due to width sizes. Reference cards should be okay. Its when you start getting GPUs with fancy (and sometimes big) cooling set ups added to them is where the user will run into problems. :)

Let me clarify my post a bit. I'm only running a single 6950 at the moment. I know the case will fit two in CF however. I did the measurements and visually I know it will work. I know my mobo will fit two 6950 GPUs. I plan to add the second 6950 later this year sometime. Thats why I removed the two drive cages so the case would be ready whenever I got around to adding a second card. Right now I'm running a HIS HD 6950 2GB model. Its stock right now but I can flash it up to a 6970. This model is out of stock it seems. I might have missed the boat on finding another that can be flashed up to the 6970. I'm fine with that however because even 2x6950 will power 1920x1200 quite well. So far the single GPU is doing a fine job.

I really don't think temps are going to be a problem the way I have my case set up. In my opinion the only problem users will face is finding a mATX mobo that will allow for two GPU. mATX mobos don't have the space like ATX mobos have so GPU choice in CF/SLI set up will have to be a bit more particular. Some models of GPUs will work and some won't due to width sizes. Reference cards should be okay. Its when you start getting GPUs with fancy (and sometimes big) cooling set ups added to them is where the user will run into problems. :)

I plan on getting a gigabyte or msi z68 mb which supports sli and crossfire, then go with a single 6950 and then later add another one, just like you :)

Just a FYI for those that want to go dual GPU with the V354. Do some planning. Plan to use a good HSF with your CPU choice. Also make sure to add a rear 120mm fan to help exhaust warm air. You may also want to replace the stock front fans with something better. You'll probably want to remove at least the bottom HDD cage if not both both upper and bottom. Using a CPU Hydro Cooler, like the H50, you'll probably want to remove both for optimum cooling but if you are using an air HSF and using shorter GPU cards you can get away with leaving both HDD cages in. Do this and you should not have any case cooling problems.

Like I said in above posts the problem is finding a good mATX mobo that will fit the two GPU cards side by side. Because they will be close to one another. :)

What about any of these two?

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/comparison/list.aspx?ck=2&pids=3854,3855

They can go x8,x8 on first and fourth slot, and since the case has five expansion slots it should fit both 6950s, right?

I would say, as far as a reference 6950 GPU goes, any mobo that supports CF you should be okay. Its when you start getting GPUs with fancy cooling units added to them by the manufacturers is where things get tricky and possibly doubtful. And with these new mobos we never know for sure until someone has tried them. Personally, I always wait for user reports before I buy a mobo. I don't like to be the guinea pig when it comes to this stuff.

Anyhow, of those two mobos, just reading and looking at the description and picture, if I were to try something without any advance reports, I would go with the UD2H model. As far as dual CF goes it looks like the best. I highly suggest waiting for some reviews first though. There are people on these forums that can pick out what looks better than me however. So get some reviews first. :D

Just a FYI, also be aware that there is a Gene IV mATX Z68 pic floating around the net now so it looks like ASUS is going to release one in the near future. Its suppose to debut at some upcoming electronics/consumer show I hear. Not sure when or where but if a pic is floating around it must be true. If you want the absolute best those Gene mobos historically are the best with many of the enthusiasts. Summer seems to be a popular time for mATX mobos to be released, probably because they want people to have them in time for school?, so I'll guess a Summer release. Thats just an uneducated guess though. :D

I would say, as far as a reference 6950 GPU goes, any mobo that supports CF you should be okay. Its when you start getting GPUs with fancy cooling units added to them by the manufacturers is where things get tricky and possibly doubtful. And with these new mobos we never know for sure until someone has tried them. Personally, I always wait for user reports before I buy a mobo. I don't like to be the guinea pig when it comes to this stuff.

Anyhow, of those two mobos, just reading and looking at the description and picture, if I were to try something without any advance reports, I would go with the UD2H model. As far as dual CF goes it looks like the best. I highly suggest waiting for some reviews first though. There are people on these forums that can pick out what looks better than me however. So get some reviews first. :D

Just a FYI, also be aware that there is a Gene IV mATX Z68 pic floating around the net now so it looks like ASUS is going to release one in the near future. Its suppose to debut at some upcoming electronics/consumer show I hear. Not sure when or where but if a pic is floating around it must be true. If you want the absolute best those Gene mobos historically are the best with many of the enthusiasts. Summer seems to be a popular time for mATX mobos to be released, probably because they want people to have them in time for school?, so I'll guess a Summer release. Thats just an uneducated guess though. :D

You're right, I'll wait for the asus model until I can't hold it anymore... consider that I live in Italy and it might take a little bit more for it to be released here! So it just depends whether I can wait for it or not :D

Anyway I was also looking at 6870s crossfired, they look like serious performers to me, and they should generate less heat under load! :)

I've noticed when it comes to the ASUS mobos that EU gets them 2-3 weeks before NA it seems. Not always but seems to happen with the good ones anyway.

Just built a rig for a friend using this case along with a 2600k, gtx 580 and a h60 in push/pull and it turned out great. Was very impressed with the v354. Only one small little gripe i didn't like was the 8 little screws to take off the side panels.

But now I'm thinking of ordering one for myself.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I may get rid of my LanBox for the V-354 as my next build. No doubt it will breath a lot better...

Anyone had inquiries about the fact the mobo is vertical, thus mounting a huge CPU cooler could be a problem? I know screws hold it tight but I don't know... it just looks as not the optimal solution.

You are not going to be carrying it around most likely so i doubt the weight of the HSF will be an issue to cause undue stress on the mobo. If you are real concerned you could go with an Corsair H50 or something similar. They are not heavy.

anyone think this case can fit the Corsair H100 in the front? I printed this picture and used a ruler but I’m still not sure.

has anyone had any issues carrying this on an airplane? I know that carry on dimensions are usually 22x14x9" and this case is 9.65" wide.

Just built a rig for a friend using this case along with a 2600k, gtx 580 and a h60 in push/pull and it turned out great. Was very impressed with the v354. Only one small little gripe i didn't like was the 8 little screws to take off the side panels.

But now I'm thinking of ordering one for myself.:rolleyes:

Get some Lian Li thumbscrews. I use silver ones on my black v354 and they look slick.

fp1fkl.jpg

fp1fkl.jpg

0CSJyl.jpg

Last edited:
Back