New Lian Li PC-V354 m.atx case : Specification & Feature

All I need is to know if the 2x 120mm fans fit side by side at the bottom. If they do, then fitting the rad is left up to how much you can gut the case and creatively fit all you need inside it.

When I get home tonight I'll try it, but the case being only 245mm wide (outside dimensions) leaves less than 240mm after adding in side panel thicknesses. You would have to leave one side open to make it work.

When I get home tonight I'll try it, but the case being only 245mm wide (outside dimensions) leaves less than 240mm after adding in side panel thicknesses. You would have to leave one side open to make it work.

I wasn't sure how thick the panels are, and hoping it would have enough space. Guess I'll find out later after you check. Thanks :)

If it's no good, I'll have to rethink what I want to do. Maybe some of those swiftech stackable 2x120mm rads. :\

Right, from side to side internally is 240mm but you wouldnt have that due to the bottom of the motherboard as that is only one pci slot thickness above the base of the case, i reakon 210mm would be your max to allow for power button connections, usb headers etc etc

Right, from side to side internally is 240mm but you wouldnt have that due to the bottom of the motherboard as that is only one pci slot thickness above the base of the case, i reakon 210mm would be your max to allow for power button connections, usb headers etc etc

If it is 240mm internal, then it might just fit depending on the exact specs of the rad... which seem to vary 1-2mm from site to site. I also noticed it has a fan shroud attached to it with rivets on the sides... so the rivets might stick out further (unless they are included in the dimensions, which would be great, since i can just remove them for added breather room).

As far as the motherboard is concerned, or the wires for the buttons, usb, ect. the rad (if it fits) could be positioned anywhere from the end of the motherboard up to almost the front of the case (would need to leave room for where the power button, usb, section, where it comes into the case).

Something like this (it's not to scale). The rad could be moved back some, anywhere in the green arrow. Blue is the rad, gray is the fans.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My system is up and running

Consists of 5x western digital 2tb green
Big foot 90gb ssd
I5 CPU
Corsair h-50
Coolermaster psu

Plus other bits.

Had to use a single 20mm fan on the h-50 as the bottom HD cage wouldn't fit. Left the stock 140mm fan and added 2X 30mm fans

99cf6228.jpg

f83a5cbf.jpg

33704e45.jpg

f80bde7f.jpg

245323c2.jpg

d2ebd607.jpg

510d7cb2.jpg

9536b259.jpg

059fab54.jpg

6b6787df.jpg

ab272d45.jpg

9183d4a1.jpg

5a59dbc5.jpg

f12591a3.jpg

ac47cea4.jpg

8dd1857c.jpg

3103c63f.jpg

7f1445b5.jpg

Last edited:
If it is 240mm internal, then it might just fit depending on the exact specs of the rad... which seem to vary 1-2mm from site to site. I also noticed it has a fan shroud attached to it with rivets on the sides... so the rivets might stick out further (unless they are included in the dimensions, which would be great, since i can just remove them for added breather room).

As far as the motherboard is concerned, or the wires for the buttons, usb, ect. the rad (if it fits) could be positioned anywhere from the end of the motherboard up to almost the front of the case (would need to leave room for where the power button, usb, section, where it comes into the case).

Something like this (it's not to scale). The rad could be moved back some, anywhere in the green arrow. Blue is the rad, gray is the fans.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ah, sorry my bad, your wanting to fit the rad in the front? I thought you were wanting to mount it on the case floor lol, i was thinking where on earth is the psu going to go, id probably say you have around 236mm to play with width wise and 248 heightwise before you have to mod/ remove the optical bay

very nice Formation4. kinda clean for all you got in it. nice to know the H50 fits with a slim fan! but what sort of temps are you getting with all those hard drives blocking the light air from from that 20mm fan?

Last edited:
very nice Formation4. kinda clean for all you got in it. nice to know the H50 fits with a slim fan! but what sort of temps are you getting with all those hard drives clocking the light air from from that 20mm fan?

I only use speedfan. Is that any good or can I use another program to show fairly accurate temps

Is there enough room for a push-pull H50 mounted on the front and a 5870? This is with the bottom HDD cage removed, of course.

I'm a noobie to this but what do you guys think about a complete watercooled system. Would one 120mm radiator w/ push/pull at the lower front fan slot be enough to cool the cpu, northbridge, and gpu? I see that an H50 fits there but what about a custom setup?
A system i was toying around in my mind with was a RIIIG, 6870, x58 i7 950, and the corsair AX850, using all noctua fans. The watercooling would be a mix of koolance, dangerden and swiftech.

I'm a noobie to this but what do you guys think about a complete watercooled system. Would one 120mm radiator w/ push/pull at the lower front fan slot be enough to cool the cpu, northbridge, and gpu? I see that an H50 fits there but what about a custom setup?
A system i was toying around in my mind with was a RIIIG, 6870, x58 i7 950, and the corsair AX850, using all noctua fans. The watercooling would be a mix of koolance, dangerden and swiftech.

no way a single rad would work well. you'd need at least twice the surface area of that i'd say for either the gpu or cpu alone. you "could" do it, but read up about other peoples setups and you'll get the idea of what to expect. it would basically be a waste of money to do that since it would be around at least 120USD minimum to get it functional and you would probably have worse than stock temperatures..

Im considering getting a 200mmx240mm rad which Ive measured and should fit in the front of the case along with a 200mm fan, hopefully it will be enough to cool cpu and a single gpu

Thanks @monst0r and Bradmax57.

@Bradmax57, how do you plan on mounting it? and are you thinking of the phobya 200mm rad?

Thanks @monst0r and Bradmax57.

@Bradmax57, how do you plan on mounting it? and are you thinking of the phobya 200mm rad?

Yeah, ive ordered a lian li EX-553X drive bay thing that holds a slimline optical and either one 3.5" or 2 2.5" drives, i can then get rid of one of my 3.5" drives and loose the upper hdd cage.

Im not too sure how ill mount it yet, it will probably be something a little crude such as cable ties etc as i dont really want to mod the case just incase i ever sell it, pics to follow of the drive bay thing asap :)

Yeah, ive ordered a lian li EX-553X drive bay thing that holds a slimline optical and either one 3.5" or 2 2.5" drives, i can then get rid of one of my 3.5" drives and loose the upper hdd cage.

Im not too sure how ill mount it yet, it will probably be something a little crude such as cable ties etc as i dont really want to mod the case just incase i ever sell it, pics to follow of the drive bay thing asap :)

I wanna see this! :D

I really like this case. I am really tempted other then the price, but my wife already has a mATX board and her case sucks so I was thinking about making it an Christmas gift.

I'm thinking of a similar design, except for now I'm just going to be putting a 240 rad in the front. Maybe later on I'll add a GPU to the loop and mount some sort of rad on the top [wonders if a 240 will fit up there with some modding].

I'm thinking of a similar design, except for now I'm just going to be putting a 240 rad in the front. Maybe later on I'll add a GPU to the loop and mount some sort of rad on the top [wonders if a 240 will fit up there with some modding].

how wil you fit a 240 rad in?

Just thought of something. Can someone measure the distance between add in cards (preferably a GPU) and the PSU? I hope theres enough space for a GPU waterblock there.

I don't want to get rid of both hard drive bays or the optical drive. What about a 120 rad in the lower front, and an h50 or h70 on the rear 120, then mount the 140 mm fan on top of the case. It looks like the only restriction for the h50/h70 on that rear location is the 140mm fan. I think i could live with that fan being mounted on the top outside of the case. looking for the coldest and quietest case. anyway, i don't own any of this stuff yet but am just playing around with ideas.

Thanks to all the picture posters here.

I don't want to get rid of both hard drive bays or the optical drive. What about a 120 rad in the lower front, and an h50 or h70 on the rear 120, then mount the 140 mm fan on top of the case. It looks like the only restriction for the h50/h70 on that rear location is the 140mm fan. I think i could live with that fan being mounted on the top outside of the case. looking for the coldest and quietest case. anyway, i don't own any of this stuff yet but am just playing around with ideas.

Thanks to all the picture posters here.

Cant fit the h50 in the rear unfortunately, well not if you want to put the side panel on :( you may also have to remove the triangle bit of metal support, or at least cut it a bit

im not sure a 120x2 rad will fit unless you remove the optical drive bay completely?

I don't know it looks awfully close. I think I would just need to cut off the stupid overhang from the 5.25" bay from what I can tell.

Could someone measure the distance between the bottom screw holes for the front fans and the floor of the case? Thanks.

Hmm, after looking @ that picture I'm starting to have doubts now actually. I thought there was more space on the bottom.

nbvJuOYYNQ.jpg

Hmm, after looking @ that picture I'm starting to have doubts now actually. I thought there was more space on the bottom.

The optical bay is totally removable with 2 screws on each side, so a 240mm rad will fit.

The optical bay is totally removable with 2 screws on each side, so a 240mm rad will fit.

Yeah I guess I could just remove the drive bays altogether, but I did kind of want at least a slim DVD drive. Oh well, now that I think of it I really don't use them enough anyway.

For those mounting the H50s on the front: Are you mounting it so it sends exhaust through the front, or so it's pulling cool air from the outside?

If it's the former, I'd be worried about the above fan taking that hot air and pulling it right back in. If it's the latter, I'd be worried about the heatsink blowing hot air all over my GPU, especially since my 5870's intakes are right there. Any real world performance issues with this?

Yeah I guess I could just remove the drive bays altogether, but I did kind of want at least a slim DVD drive. Oh well, now that I think of it I really don't use them enough anyway.

You could always go external USB dvd burner. This is what I use when I need to access a CD/DVD http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ng_external_dvd_burner-_-27-151-186-_-Product

I really like this case, and am still researching on what I could fit in it. But one things certain, I won't be putting a DVD burner in it. If anything, just my Aquaero would go there, since it doesn't go deep into the case at all. I'd also be ripping out all the hard drive holders, as I use SSD's and 2.5" mechanical drive for storage. It's just a matter of putting them somewhere in the case. I think I could stack them all on top of the PSU (internal part). My 2 issues are fitting a rad that can cool an i7 920 and a 5970, and utilizing the koolance res/pump top combo I just bought recently (would have to hack up the case to fit that somewhere (probably not happening).

@ diverge
let's assume you can fit a 240 rad in the front by taking out the hdd trays and the 5.25 tray. I think you can fit a swiftech dual rad and have space for 38mm thick fans with your 5970. then you can fin a 120 rad (maybe) in the rear 120 slot (by removing the 140 fan)(also assuming you can get the side panel on) and use that for cooling your 5970, or vice/versa. you can tack the pumps and reservoirs on the top panel maybe and just need to drill a fill hole for the res.

really like this case too, but would like to figure out as many configs as possible before i layout all the money to build a system. It will be from scratch since i am running a powermac g5 at the moment. it is definitely time for an updated system.

@ diverge
let's assume you can fit a 240 rad in the front by taking out the hdd trays and the 5.25 tray. I think you can fit a swiftech dual rad and have space for 38mm thick fans with your 5970. then you can fin a 120 rad (maybe) in the rear 120 slot (by removing the 140 fan)(also assuming you can get the side panel on) and use that for cooling your 5970, or vice/versa. you can tack the pumps and reservoirs on the top panel maybe and just need to drill a fill hole for the res.

really like this case too, but would like to figure out as many configs as possible before i layout all the money to build a system. It will be from scratch since i am running a powermac g5 at the moment. it is definitely time for an updated system.

Whatever ever rad I fit in there, I want to stick with my 120mm Gentle Typhoon 1850 rpm fans. If I was to go dual 120mm rad, I'd go with XSPC RX240, cause it is a lot thinker then a swiftech, and ideal for low rpm fans.

I really want to see if I can fit that magicool 4x120mm square rad in there. But I don't feel like buying them just to see if they fit.

Well, here she is with the video cards in. did as best as i could, but got a little lazy with the power cords... had to use a bunch of molex to 6pin adapters and that kinda killed the class for me :mad:

Those are 2 ASUS 6870's and there looks like tons of room for rads up front for those water cooling :p

Well playing black ops with everything full, the top card is at 73C and the bottom one is at 68C. so not too bad, the top one fan is at 1700 rpm where as the bottom is at 1500ish. so little more noise but i still dont notice it.

IMG_0957 by blargargarg, on Flickr

IMG_0956 by blargargarg, on Flickr

IMG_0959 by blargargarg, on Flickr

IMG_0967 by blargargarg, on Flickr

For those mounting the H50s on the front: Are you mounting it so it sends exhaust through the front, or so it's pulling cool air from the outside?

If it's the former, I'd be worried about the above fan taking that hot air and pulling it right back in. If it's the latter, I'd be worried about the heatsink blowing hot air all over my GPU, especially since my 5870's intakes are right there. Any real world performance issues with this?

Intake

@Kaizerdan, great job!
it looks like there is no room to watercool the video cards. the space between psu and gpu looks tiny.

@Kaizerdan. Is there enough hangover left on the sides of the cards between the PSU for a full cover waterblock?

Back