New Lian Li PC-V354 m.atx case : Specification & Feature

I am going to look like an absolute tool, but how does the silver paint on this look compared to a Mac Pro or MacBook Pro? Similar color and brushing?

from what I can see that was only using the rear fan mount? Which I know it wont fit, but im not 100% on the front

Now that I think about it, putting the H50 in the rear fan slot makes a lot of sense. You'd have to use a hex key and remove the fan controller. Just turn the radiator on its side. Anyone tried this approach?

Now that I think about it, putting the H50 in the rear fan slot makes a lot of sense. You'd have to use a hex key and remove the fan controller. Just turn the radiator on its side. Anyone tried this approach?

you could, but you wouldnt be able to fit the side panel on

Hey guys, I just picked up the red version of this case. Even people I know how aren't into computers are blown away by it. I'd say this has to be the nicest case I've ever owned.

I have one dilemma, my heatsink won't fit.

I have an AMD AM3 board and originally used a Coolermaster Hyper TX3. This sink will NOT fit with a standard ATX PSU. Intel orients many heatsinks differently, so sites like tpu will state that the sink fits. Well, for me, it won't.

What's a good AMD heatsink? I have an x3 425 @ stock (file servers don't need to be OC'd, sadly, lol)

Basically I need 3 things in a heatsink that fits:
1. Silence
2. NO lights
3. Something that'll at least cool a quad if I ever have the desire to upgrade (No OCing though).

I'm at a loss for what to get.

Three that will fit have already been used by people who posted in this thread. Noctua NH-U9B, NH-U12P (with separate 120x12mm fan), or Prolimatech Megahalems. In addition, you could go short with the Scythe Big SHURIKEN heatsink.

Basically, you just need to check the dimensions, find one that has a bolt-through attachment (not push-pin), 120mm size fan (that still fits), and check reviews online once you pick out a few choices.

the scythe did my good with an x6. I don't know how good it would do over clocking. but stock its a great hsf
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Can you get a fan on the megahalems? Have a chance to get the black one for 27 at micro center... looks like the best bang for the buck but dont know how fans work on it? will it be tight with the top 140? or pressed up against the psu..

Last edited:
Megahalems won't fit under the PSU, there is about 130mm clearance and Megahalem is 158mm tall. So the only way it would fit in this case is horizontal mounting. Not sure how much clearance above or below for fans (I don't have this case).

I know the Prolimatech Megahalems will work fine, but that's an expensive cooler for just a stock tricore.

Here's a list of sinksthat would be great and shouldn't have an issue

ZALMAN CNPS9500: Overall Dimension: 85 x 112 x 125mm

I really like the design of this heatsink. Supposedly, it's super quiet and has no issues cooling 6 core CPUs. Some people on newegg state they recieved a version w/ LEDs and other's say they didn't. I really don't want an LED, so I'm not sure if it's worth ordering or not.

COOLER MASTER GeminII S: 124 x 118.4 x 62mm ( 87mm tall w/ 25mm fan)

I've used this before in a GMC R-3 case. Keeps everything absolutely silent. The fan it comes with is incredible. I can't hear it from 6" away, yet it moves a massive amount of air and coolws the PWMs.

The noctua many people mentioned is nice, but for the cost, the Megahalems is the same price and I have enough flow speed fans that I it would actually be a better option, but I don't need that good of a cooling solution.

Any other coolers out there better than the 2 I mentioned for say $45 or less? If the I can't really find a sink for much less than $50, I might as well get the Megahalems since it'll provide insane cooling for a few more bucks.

Edit:

Ended up going w/ the Coolermaster GeminII.

Newegg wanted WAY too much ($48 shipped), so I got it from Ewiz and couldn't resist getting another 2TB drive. They have a 10% off coupon, so I saved $13, although it was $6 to ship

Last edited:
Here is my set up with Megahalems if it can helps. Pictures are bad though:

img20101010170316.jpg

img20101010171437.jpg

On another subject, the screws used to close the case are getting used. Do you think those will fit?
http://en.mdpc-x.com/mdpc-mounting/screws/m3-x-5-mm-screws-black-oxide-countersunk-head.htm

Last edited:
Thanks, but I already ordered a sink.

Does the megahalems mount horizontally on an AMD board like the Intel or is it vertical? Just wondering....

I'll let you guys know how the new sink works out....

One question. I replaced the front fans w/ some silverstone fans since I don't want LEDs. Do the stock fans push enough air over the hdds to feel air movement on the other side? I can't feel any with my fans.

also I wonder If you can move the PSU in the front, under the HDD cage

No, you would have to remove both HD cages and find a way to secure the power supply. Plus, this would block the airflow into the case!

No, you would have to remove both HD cages and find a way to secure the power supply. Plus, this would block the airflow into the case!

There is room to lay the PSU down horizontal, so you only need to remove the bottom cage. It could be done in a similar layout to the Lian-Li A05N (top\rear fans as intakes, front fan and PSU as exausts)

If you are going to do that though, you might as well get a Lian-Li A05N. It already has that layout plus it accepts full ATX boards and is only a little bigger (39 litre vs 32 litre). See link below

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/produc...289&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=62&g=spec

Finally got the funds for the rest of my build, that PSU placement is a real in the ass.

I managed to get the Megahalems on with a Noctua 120mm in Push, and a Noctua 140mm at the top as Intake... I was intending to get another fan as Pull on the Megahalems (a Scythe Slim 12mm) but the PSU hits it by about 2mm. Not much I can do about it! argh.

I think the only possible Push Pull with 120mm Fans is gonna be the Armageddon. But I'm pretty sure the Megahalems with 1 fan will perform the same.

Case is actually pretty tidy so far, looking forward to finishing it off in the next week or so, saw the review someone posted a few pages back, didn't realise that there was space for 2x 2.5in SSDs on the Case flooring, badass, love this case man.

Can someone help me out with some Airflow questions...

So here is where I'm at, but feels over kill, so want to know if there are some needless fans or fans which are counter intuitive.

airflow1.jpg

• HeatSink = Megahalems
  • CPU Fan = 120mm Noctua
  • Top fan = 140mm Noctua
  • Rear fan = 120mm Slim Scythe (was meant to be my CPU pull, but doesn't fit)
  • Front fans = 120mm Noctuas
  • PSU exhaust = 135mm PSU fan

Some questions to explain why I'm confused...
  1. Should the Rear fan be an exhaust that near a intake?
  2. Would removing the CPU (or) Top fan make any difference?
  3. Should the Top fan be an Exhaust instead of Intake?
  4. If I remove the Top fan, Should the CPU fan pull air upward and out instead of Pushing through the heatsink and down towards the PSU exhaust?

I do intend to overclock if possible... 4x 7200rpm HDDs, only a single ATI5670, so hoping Heat should be minimal.

intuitivelly I would go: Top exhaust + Pull on the megahalems.

You should do some tests yourself and give us the results :D

intuitivelly I would go: Top exhaust + Pull on the megahalems.

You should do some tests yourself and give us the results :D

Yeah, exhaust at the top would be better. Having an intake and exaust close together like that is bad airflow. Also exhaust at the top follows natural convection (heat rising etc)

Kinda figured Top exhaust would make more sence, but was really concerned that drawing warm air through the HeatSink and out, was less effective than Introducing Cool air into the case and blowing it through the Heatsink?

I guess I'll do some tests, but top exhaust does sound more logical.

Can someone do me a favor and measure the internal height of the case to the underside of the optical drive bay.

Hi. Does anybody have the v354 filled with 7 hds? Am upgrading my 352 to the 354 because of the HD space. And plan on using my i5 with h50 mounted on the top.

Case arrives tmrw so will post pics comparing the v352 for size.

I only have mine setup as a htpc machine. And just runs off onboard hdmi.

Last edited:
Hi. Does anybody have the v354 filled with 7 hds? Am upgrading my 352 to the 354 because of the HD space. And plan on using my i5 with h50 mounted on the top.

No, but everything should fit with 7 HDDs and on-board video. If mounting the H50 on the top, you will have to cut the fan a little as a previous post showed.

Little update, had a play around with the 4 pci-e leads this morning and managed to route them infront of the psu and also under it, much better :)

P1030102.jpg

I have a h-50, latest revision and have got the v354 today, where you have mounted your h-50 in push pull can you install the lower hd cage?

Here's a contribution from Sweden. Received my case a couple of days ago, and I'm almost finnished with the installation. I've spent much time just staring and thinking about solutions for cable management. :) My biggest issue right now is the molex and SATA connectors. I think that I can fit the SSD, fan controller and 3,5" harddrive (in a 5,25" silencer) in the 5,25" compartment. That way I just need one power cable from the power supply, because I will make my own extension with the necessery connectors (2xSATA, 1xmolex). Please take a look at the pictures and get back with feedback. :)

I have a h-50, latest revision and have got the v354 today, where you have mounted your h-50 in push pull can you install the lower hd cage?

not unless you used a slim fan im afraid, unless you wanted to mod it a little :)

Here's a contribution from Sweden. Received my case a couple of days ago, and I'm almost finnished with the installation. I've spent much time just staring and thinking about solutions for cable management. :) My biggest issue right now is the molex and SATA connectors. I think that I can fit the SSD, fan controller and 3,5" harddrive (in a 5,25" silencer) in the 5,25" compartment. That way I just need one power cable from the power supply, because I will make my own extension with the necessery connectors (2xSATA, 1xmolex). Please take a look at the pictures and get back with feedback. :)

Looks great :), ive been having a little re-arrange of my cabling trying to get it a little neater, its just the damn psu 24pin and 8pin leads that annoy me :(

Looks very neat ... but like you said, put the PSU in and it may be *very* different. Why are connectors your biggest problem? Are you planning to shorten all of the PSU cables (I'd imagine just the sheer volume of the cables be the problem).

My biggest issue right now is the molex and SATA connectors. I think that I can fit the SSD, fan controller and 3,5" harddrive (in a 5,25" silencer) in the 5,25" compartment. That way I just need one power cable from the power supply, because I will make my own extension with the necessery connectors (2xSATA, 1xmolex). Please take a look at the pictures and get back with feedback. :)

You could always put the top HDD cage in and cable tie the cables inside or behind it.

There are holes to attach 2.5" HDD to the bottom of the case.

You could always put the top HDD cage in and cable tie the cables inside or behind it.

There are holes to attach 2.5" HDD to the bottom of the case.
If I put the 2,5" HDD in the bottom, I have to use a seperate power cable for it or route a long cable from the 5,25" compartment. I would like to have all the stuff as close as possible to eachother. That way I can route the cables better.

Looks very neat ... but like you said, put the PSU in and it may be *very* different. Why are connectors your biggest problem? Are you planning to shorten all of the PSU cables (I'd imagine just the sheer volume of the cables be the problem).
Actually it's not that bad. I have a modular Corsair AX-850, and I've found a pretty good way to hide the cables. Hopefully I will upload new pictures of it tonight.

Here is mine before and after the psu was installed, quite some difference, ive managed to tidy it a bit better than that as previous post shows but it does soon swallow up lots of free space once installed

P1030095.jpg

P1030096.jpg

20101102021.jpg

Going to get new cpu fan, Not sure if going to buy Corsair H50 or Noctua yet.
And Wating on ATI 6970, Gong move SSD top of dvd palyer.

Here is mine before and after the psu was installed, quite some difference, ive managed to tidy it a bit better than that as previous post shows but it does soon swallow up lots of free space once installed

Hmm, it looked more open before?

Recently put my new rig together. The H50 fits just well enough. But you don't be able to use the bottom hdd drive cages. I have set the 2 rear fans as intakes (psu exhausting), and front fans are exhaust, with H50 in push/pull.

Can someone who owns this case do me a favor and check if 2 x 120mm fans will sit side by side on the bottom of the case (seated between the side lips) and not interfere with the side panels?

The case is listed as 245mm, and I'm curious if I can fit a MagiCool XTREME QUAD 480 Radiator in the case if I gut the drive bays and trim the 5'1/4 drive bay bracket. The rad is listed at 241mm at it's shortest dimension.

Last edited:
Back