New Lian Li PC-V354 m.atx case : Specification & Feature

You can put your ssd in the regular hard drive bays or you can mount it on the floor behind the psu. I've got mine behind the psu.

Just finished my new build with the 354, took forever due to the cooler's retarded installation, but well worth the effort.

Inside it I have 2 Gigabyte 670s, an i5 3570K (haven't started OCng yet) cooled by a Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro (38mm thick rad), two 4TB and a 2TB hard drive along with ssd, and a 1000w PSU. I never thought I'd be able to fit it all in :eek:

68tMTTDhW-7ILEnEHtIu.jpg

Cooler is mounted in front, and has 2 120mm fans in push/pull config. I'm surprised at how well this baby can handle heat. At stock clocks, CPU hasn't broken 62C on any core after prime95 for an hour. Should make for a portable beast of a computer :D
Gonna add a 120mm exhaust in back, just gotta buy some rubber fan screws first...

EDIT: damn, temps dropped 8-9C once I put a fan in back

Last edited:
Hey guys check this out a Phobya XTREME QUAD 480 ( 4 x 120mm) Radiator at the top of the case fits perfect.. And a Phobya XTREME 200 Radiator will fit in the front of case minus the HD cage removed. The cool thing about the 200mm rad is you can use 4 x 92mm fans will fit perfect with this setup just like the Quad 480 setup going on top. So now trying to decide if I should do 2 loops one for CPU (200mm rad) and the other for the GTX 690 (480 rad top).
Going to start cutting this case up in the morning along with allot of J.B Weld... Work log starting next weekend waiting for a new camera to arrive..

20120623_061818.jpg

20120623_061947.jpg

Last edited:
anyone with an Asus DirectCU card (680 or 7970, both same height) and that can confirm if it has clearance with the PSU? To give a reference, it's about .8" taller than a reference 680GTX. I love the quietness and coolness of this card, and length won't be an issue, but when I saw that height my eyes perked up (5.1" total height)

anyone with an Asus DirectCU card (680 or 7970, both same height) and that can confirm if it has clearance with the PSU? To give a reference, it's about .8" taller than a reference 680GTX. I love the quietness and coolness of this card, and length won't be an issue, but when I saw that height my eyes perked up (5.1" total height)

Twin Frozr fits but it's .02" less than the DC2. I think you'll be fine.

Twin Frozr fits but it's .02" less than the DC2. I think you'll be fine.

so what do you think of .42" more? Getting tired of waiting for a reasonably priced 680 CU II, and the 670 review on the [H] today was a little influencing.

edit: just to follow up to my own question, the Asus 670 CU II does in fact fit...with a smaller PSU (Kingwin 650 Laser Platnium). Any longer and it woud have bee trouble.

Last edited:
Just ordered one of these. Waiting for shipment to arrive.

In the mean time, does anyone know what the best fan configuration is.

Will be running a H80 in front bottom 120mm and 2x GTX 670s in SLI with reference coolers (external exhaust).

Was thinking of having all fans intaking with PSU and graphics cards exhausting hot air.

Has anyone tried a similar setup?

Also, seems to me like the case would have been better designed if they reversed the PSU and added an intake grill so that the PSU could intake from the side panel and exhaust out the back.

Can somebody post a picture with their Lian Li on a desktop next to a 24" monitor? I know the specs about how big it is, but I need something that my brain can understand :)

I'm having my holiday and I suddenly got a upgradetitis. Been thinking over upgrading WAY too long...:cool: Perhaps the doctor should prescribe me a Lian Li PC-V354 :p

Does anybody else have any experience with the Xigmatek Loki? I have it cooling an i3 2100 and want to know if my temps are normal. I have the fan pushing up towards the top exhaust and it idles at around 43C.

I just ordered this case and wanted to use my current 7970 with it. The thing I am curious about is not the length, which is 285mm and should clear, but the height. It is 135mm high (heat pipes), including PCI-E connector. I have been looking at other cards people have said fit into the case and the MSI Lightning 6970 is the closest I can find at 127mm high. The card is a PowerColor 7970 Vortex II http://powercolor.com/us/products_features.asp?id=411#Specification. Any insight would be appreciated or I guess I'll just wait and see. I was going to build a separate gaming PC eventually; it might just be sooner rather than later if it doesn't fit. ;)

One other thing, I thought I saw someone mention it earlier in the thread around January, but the case now has an internal USB 3.0 header, right? Is the SD card reader connected to a USB 2.0 connector internally?

In case someone is remotely curious, the rest of the build is a Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H with an i5-2500K and a H60 (didn't think my 212+ would fit). I have 16GB of Kingston HyperX Black, an OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate 7200RPM drives, and a SeaSonic X650 to power it all. I might upgrade from the cheap DVD burner to a Blu-Ray drive eventually. This case ought to fit my entertainment center a lot better than the Antec P280 this is all coming out of (great case, but bigger than I need right now).

Thanks!

Edit: After reading, I realized that the answer to the fitment question was right above me.

just to follow up to my own question, the Asus 670 CU II does in fact fit...with a smaller PSU (Kingwin 650 Laser Platnium). Any longer and it woud have bee trouble.

The 670 CUII is the exact same height as the 7970 Vortex II (135mm) and the Kingwin 650 Laser Platinum and the SeaSonic X650 both have the same height (84mm). So, if the setup worked for conscript, it should fit, even if it is snug, for me.

Additionally, the newer version of the PDF manual states that the USB 3.0 front panel now uses an internal header connector. I haven't found much about the SD card reader though. Its a great feature considering my wife is a photo buff and we've standardized on the SD/SDHC card format so I'm sure it will get used either way, but the faster the better when transferring 32GB of images.

Last edited:
Additionally, the newer version of the PDF manual states that the USB 3.0 front panel now uses an internal header connector. I haven't found much about the SD card reader though. Its a great feature considering my wife is a photo buff and we've standardized on the SD/SDHC card format so I'm sure it will get used either way, but the faster the better when transferring 32GB of images.

Yes, I just picked up a v354 at the end of August, and it has an internal USB 3.0 connector now.

As for the SD card reader, it works great. Just plug it in to a USB 2.0 header on your motherboard, then you'll know if it's working when the little green light turns on when you put in the SD card. Super easy :D

This was my first build, and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Post some pics of your build (or final product) if you have some. Go ahead, test that SD card reader.

Wow!
That is one SMART place to mount the power supply. How did you manage that? More details please :)

Did you get that made?
Turns out to be a really nice solution I guess :)

I'm assuming, you can stuff in a 2.5" SSD (if not a full 3.5er), below the PSU?

I was able to successfully mount H80 as front intake and also changed top front intake and also top exhaust fan both to Enermax Magma 120 mm fans since don't like the lights; able to install one HD 6950 video card without a problem either. Very excellent air flow and rock solid stable at 4.5GHz using core i7-2600K. Now only if I know how to insert the images?

I thought of another location to put mobo giving allot more space inside case..
Basically reverse mobo location 180 degrees so the back of mobo will be facing the PSU when installed.
I made a quick picture of backside of 354 with only 3 x slots I may even move it to 2 x slots for me because I am using a micro ITX 1 x slot mobo..

lian_li_pc_v354_rearMOD.jpg
lian_li_pc_v354_rear.jpg

By doing this it gives me allot more room for the 200mm rad in front and a 480 rad for the top area still going to be a tight fit with all H20 stuff...

Last edited:
Here is a quick look of my new setup with the eVGA GTX 690 the reason why I have it this way so you can see the eK Full Block.. Starting to buy stuff to start my project mod.. Also last picture shows a 200 rad with 2 x 92mm fans on it showing to the left it is a 4 x 120mm setup which I plan on doing for this rad with 4 x 92mm 2600rpm Gentle Typhoon"s for the CPU front intake...
Mod1.jpg

MOD2.jpg

Test3.jpg

MOD5.jpg

Last edited:
Can you put your pics on under each other please..... trying to view on iphone, 14'' ultrabook or raspberry pi motarola atrix is not easy

Hey guys, great thread. I saw this in the summer, it convinced me to go SFF, and now I love the case (even though it's a pain to work in). This was my first build and I would deem it a success (it's listed in my sig).

Even though I love it, I have a dilemma. I'm using an H60 mounted in the front, and I don't like the result. Temps are ok at stock, but I want to go to an air cooler. I've been thinking of these two:

Noctua NH-U9B SE2 92mm SSO CPU Cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608016

Noctua NH-C14 140mm x 2 SSO CPU Cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608020

Does anybody have any experience with either of these two coolers? Anybody have any other suggestions? I'm open to any air cooler, but keep in mind that I want to overclock at least a little bit. Motherboard and PSU in sig.

Update:

So I was in a bit of a time crunch, so I figured I would take a chance and order the NH-C14. If anyone is interested, I'll post some updates when I get the cooler (for Christmas!!!).

Last edited:
Just finished an Ivy Bridge build with this case. Video card is from a previous build, planning on swapping that out next month with a 680 or 7970.

Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz
Antec Kuhler H2O 620
Asus Maximus V Gene
G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB DDR3-1866
OCZ Agility 2 120GB
Seagate Momentus XT 750GB
Asus Radeon HD 6870
Corsair 750W

9ytRF.jpg

where did u put ur Seagate Momentus XT 750GB dude?
ist behind the psu?
because im building one like urs, can u help? thanks

So with a Phobya Xtreme 200 Radiator does the optical drive still fit or can be used? Any of theIO'son the front blocked by it?

Okay so going for it. Have ordered the following items

Magicool Single 180mm Radiator
Phobya Xtreme 200 Radiator with Phobya G-Silent 18 700rpm Slim White
Phobya Quad radiator grill 4x120mm Black
Yate Loon D12SL-12 Bundle (4x Pack)
4pin Molex (12V) to 4x 3pin Molex (12V) Adaptor Cable

It's got to come from Germany to the Uk, about 5 day for a ''uk company''. SHOCKING.

Idea is the Phobya will go in the front with the current plate being recut. Will try the 180mm or 4x120mm fans.

The Magicool Single 180mm Radiator will fit in the top inc optical drive :)

Weather i'll fit with fan is a different thing all togther but the front should be enough alone. If anything the 180 being passive is only a benifit.

Okay so going for it. Have ordered the following items

Magicool Single 180mm Radiator
Phobya Xtreme 200 Radiator with Phobya G-Silent 18 700rpm Slim White
Phobya Quad radiator grill 4x120mm Black
Yate Loon D12SL-12 Bundle (4x Pack)
4pin Molex (12V) to 4x 3pin Molex (12V) Adaptor Cable

It's got to come from Germany to the Uk, about 5 day for a ''uk company''. SHOCKING.

Idea is the Phobya will go in the front with the current plate being recut. Will try the 180mm or 4x120mm fans.

The Magicool Single 180mm Radiator will fit in the top inc optical drive :)

Weather i'll fit with fan is a different thing all togther but the front should be enough alone. If anything the 180 being passive is only a benifit.

How in the world are you going to fit all those radiators in this case?

Where will you PSU and storage drives go?

I would love this case if I could fit a single 2x140mm UT60 radiator in it.

How in the world are you going to fit all those radiators in this case?

Where will you PSU and storage drives go?

I would love this case if I could fit a single 2x140mm UT60 radiator in it.

The 200mm at the front, as per any other thats been shown. The 180 in the top.

PSU goes in as normal and only need and SSD. My server is 20TB

Do you want full size optical drive? If you can ditch or convert to a slim line a 140mm x2 will fit in the top.

PS the build is

ASUS Maximus Gene V BIOS 1408
I7 3770K
Samsung Green 16GB 1600MHZ
Crucial M4 256GB
Corsair AX860
ASUS/EVGA 660Ti's x2 (unsure on brand)

Last edited:
WC kit has arrived :)

I made a mistake when ordering the quad rad grill as it's not for this rad. So that will be gong back as will the 4 120mm fans. Never mind.

Quick test and the 200mm rad fit with the optical drive present whoop whoop.Whilest doing this as much as ican or could mount the SSD's under the PSU i could drill out the same holes on the optical bay and mount them under. Will see.

The 200mm fits in the top and the 180mm does with no problems. Not check fan ontop. Need too fit mobo for this.

Stay tunned

Back