New Lian Li PC-V354 m.atx case : Specification & Feature

In Reply to Redmist's question:

Yes, they work. It was posted way back. I bought mine from FrozenCPU. EU folks will have to order from someone who ships to there. FrozenCPU charges per screw. Some places will sell by 20/pak. The Lian-Li site will list all the accessories you can get for the cases and the V354 also comes with a little color brochure of the various accessories as well with the part #.

Edit: If you are the type to get into your case fairly often I would suggest using the thumbscrews because the factory flush type are pretty small and probably strip fairly easy. I've heard some complaints about it. Just be aware the thumbscrews do kinda detract from the sleek smooth look of the case. If you want to maintain the sleek look just buy extra flush screws. Personally I'm going to use the thumbscrews on the one side of the case and use flush on the other side I won't remove unless swapping out the mobo. I can live with the look of thumbscrews. Bradmax showed a pic of his. I'll take pics of how it looks as well when mine is done.

Edit2: Thumbscrews I used is #TS-01B

Last edited:

Here's something interesting. See how in the picture (page32) T10's mobo has dimm slots that go blue-black, blue-back? On mine it goes black-blue, black-blue. Squiids mobo same as mine though So much for standardization. :D

Is it possible to fit that noctua heatsink with push/pull turned 90 degrees so the fan exhausts out the back of the case instead of the top?

Is it possible to fit that noctua heatsink with push/pull turned 90 degrees so the fan exhausts out the back of the case instead of the top?

These two pics by Squuiid (who has done TERRIFIC job of documenting use of Noctua NH-UB9 in this case) suggest that it's probably not a good idea):
pic15y.jpg

pic11s.jpg

(but might work)

These two pics by Squuiid (who has done TERRIFIC job of documenting use of Noctua NH-UB9 in this case) suggest that it's probably not a good idea):

(but might work)

Yes, I did consider that orientation mid through the build but it makes no sense at all when you see where it would end up pointing. The rear exhaust fan is actually a bit higher and to the left of the case and with the HSF rotated 90 degrees it would just blow air into the side of the case.
Mounted as I did in the pics, it blows the air directly into the top exhaust fan, it could not be a better fit.

And Cyberkost, thanks for the compliment! :D I hoped to assist others when planning for this excellent case.

Thanks. I see exactly what you mean. I was kind of hoping it would line up like in my PC-V1010B (pictured below). I'm not overclocking since I went with a Asus P8H67-M Evo anyway so I may stick with the stock cooler anyway. I plan on taking the two Asus 4870 Dark Knight cards from my current system and upgrading to a single 6970 in the next few months. I will add those cards to this new build, depending on the heat they generate I might upgrade the CPU cooling at that time. I still think the Noctua is the best option.

dsc023299070351.jpg

Last edited:
I hoped to assist others when planning for this excellent case.

This is why I went with this cooler. I will take pics and document my build this weekend when I build it FINALLY. Hard drives in tomorrow and cooler in on Thursday.

This is why I went with this cooler. I will take pics and document my build this weekend when I build it FINALLY. Hard drives in tomorrow and cooler in on Thursday.

w00t!

One thing I haven't yet mentioned, but that is clear in the pics, RAM with tall heat sinks will definitely be a problem with the Noctua. Even fastening the fans to the CPU heatsink with some other type of clip still wouldn't be enough as I think a stick of RAM with a tall heat sink in slot A would definitely hit the Noctua, or be extremely close.

w00t!

One thing I haven't yet mentioned, but that is clear in the pics, RAM with tall heat sinks will definitely be a problem with the Noctua. Even fastening the fans to the CPU heatsink with some other type of clip still wouldn't be enough as I think a stick of RAM with a tall heat sink in slot A would definitely hit the Noctua, or be extremely close.

This will only be an issue with RAM installed in the first slot, correct?

I have taller memory but not in the first slot.

img2433ft.jpg

Well, after a couple of days of trying to get my P8P67-M Pro mobo to work I have to officially pronounce it dead. Got it to work at first upon boot up but then it died over night. Took it to my buddy who is real smart about PCs and building them and we tried everything we could think of. Did the usual elimination process of testing this and that component and its definitely the mobo.`So now I have to get another mobo to finish the build.

Well, after a couple of days of trying to get my P8P67-M Pro mobo to work I have to officially pronounce it dead. Got it to work at first upon boot up but then it died over night. Took it to my buddy who is real smart about PCs and building them and we tried everything we could think of. Did the usual elimination process of testing this and that component and its definitely the mobo.`So now I have to get another mobo to finish the build.

Must have been the blue/black dimm slots :confused: Seriously though, that sucks.

that does suck. esp since i just ordered the same board from the egg. hope you got yours from them so it'll be replaced 1,2,3...

Just threw in another 580 and idle noise has gone through the roof! Damn!
It went from near silent to unbearable. One GPU idles at 60C with fans at 2040rpm (the loud one) and the other idles at 47C with fans at 1080rpm (quiet).
Cannot get top card to cool down enough due to proximity of card next to it.
If you value a silent PC, do not SLI in this case with a P8P67-M as it forces you to have the 2nd card right next to it due to their slot config.

Does anyone know if I can tweak the BIOS to make both Slot 1 and Slot 3 PCIe x8?
UPDATE: Doh, never mind, no way of using a double slot card if you use Slot 3, not in this case at least.
UPDATE 2: MSI Afterburner to the rescue. It seems the default NVIDIA fan profile is awful, ramps up and down incessantly. I set a user defined fan profile using MSI Afterburner and problem solved!

Last edited:
How easy/difficult is it to get a custom liquid cooling loop going in this case?

I'm a WC n00b who wants to try it out. And by try it out, I mean, try the full monty. Not a boxed cooler like a H50/H70. I guess I have around $150 to plonk down on the cooling.

My case should be getting to me this saturday. Hopefully.

Just threw in another 580 and idle noise has gone through the roof! Damn!
It went from near silent to unbearable. One GPU idles at 60C with fans at 2040rpm (the loud one) and the other idles at 47C with fans at 1080rpm (quiet).
Cannot get top card to cool down enough due to proximity of card next to it.
If you value a silent PC, do not SLI in this case with a P8P67-M as it forces you to have the 2nd card right next to it due to their slot config.

Does anyone know if I can tweak the BIOS to make both Slot 1 and Slot 3 PCIe x8?
UPDATE: Doh, never mind, no way of using a double slot card if you use Slot 3, not in this case at least.
UPDATE 2: MSI Afterburner to the rescue. It seems the default NVIDIA fan profile is awful, ramps up and down incessantly. I set a user defined fan profile using MSI Afterburner and problem solved!

OK, was foolish to think I could SLI two GTX 580s on this board/case.
I just don't think that these non ref cards can work in SLI when spaced so closely together in such a small case. Not only did the top card run too hot at idle, when gaming it would overheat and throttle.
Swapped the two cards around and made no difference. It's not a defect.

Back they go for refund/credit. When are those 590s back in stock?!

OK, was foolish to think I could SLI two GTX 580s on this board/case.
I just don't think that these non ref cards can work in SLI when spaced so closely together in such a small case. Not only did the top card run too hot at idle, when gaming it would overheat and throttle.
Swapped the two cards around and made no difference. It's not a defect.

Back they go for refund/credit. When are those 590s back in stock?!

Yeah, I was thinking of CFing two 6950s in mine. There is very little space between them on the mobo. Definitely go with reference only cards. The case should be able to handle the heat properly if you set it up right. Thats why I went with one hard drive and leave the cages out. Lots of open area between mobo/cpu/gpu and front fans for air to properly vent front to rear.

My thought is that if you plan to go dual GPU you are going to want to remove at least the bottom hdd cage so the fan can blow onto them cards. Its also best to get the best fans with the most CFM you can. That means removing the factory fans and getting something else thats better. I went with the Noctuas because they were the next best thing to the Scythe S Flex F models I like so much. Pricey though. $25 per fan as opposed to $12 per fan but freaking quiet as hell.

For those only going with a single GPU build you should not have any problems whatsoever with the stock fans although choosing better fans is never a bad idea if your budget allows.

that does suck. esp since i just ordered the same board from the egg. hope you got yours from them so it'll be replaced 1,2,3...

Ordered a new one today. Having them ship it next day ground. I want this thing up and running this week.

Yeah, I was thinking of CFing two 6950s in mine. There is very little space between them on the mobo. Definitely go with reference only cards. The case should be able to handle the heat properly if you set it up right. Thats why I went with one hard drive and leave the cages out. Lots of open area between mobo/cpu/gpu and front fans for air to properly vent front to rear.

My thought is that if you plan to go dual GPU you are going to want to remove at least the bottom hdd cage so the fan can blow onto them cards. Its also best to get the best fans with the most CFM you can. That means removing the factory fans and getting something else thats better. I went with the Noctuas because they were the next best thing to the Scythe S Flex F models I like so much. Pricey though. $25 per fan as opposed to $12 per fan but freaking quiet as hell.

For those only going with a single GPU build you should not have any problems whatsoever with the stock fans although choosing better fans is never a bad idea if your budget allows.

Yeah, I had no cages, 1 SSD and all Noctua fans, mine are the pics posted recently ;)

Just ordered an EVGA 590 from here:
http://www.provantage.com/evga-03g-p3-1598-ar~7EVGA0L7.htm

Will let you all know how it goes. SLI GTX580 is most definitely a NO.

Ordered a new one today. Having them ship it next day ground. I want this thing up and running this week.

i know how you feel my board is coming tomorrow i cant wait to get it in there. Everything that i could have done to prep the box has already been done in anticipation.

Thats a hefty price but that baby should do you fine for quite a while. :D

Yeah, I know, this is my 1st build in 5 years! I tend to go all out and then enjoy it for years to come.

So, I mentioned those two GTX 580s in SLI were noisy... not as noisy as my temporary card that I found lying around. Geforce 6600 GT. Man, this thing sounds like a hairdryer! :D

Skott, let us know how you get on with the 6950s in CF. I'm curious as to whether the case really can handle SLI at reasonable temps.

Skott, let us know how you get on with the 6950s in CF. I'm curious as to whether the case really can handle SLI at reasonable temps.

This case can handle SLI, that wouldnt be a problem, just a noise factor. Had 2 6870's in one of these ref cards, and they did great noise wise actually. Pretty decent temps too but i forgot what they were...

Alright, the Noctua came in the mail today so I am parts complete. Build pics to come this weekend!

I got a pic of the server that is getting replaced. I wonder if I will see a big difference going from a Sempron 1.8Ghz with 1Gb of ram to this? :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Where's the Lian Li? :confused:

$*#*, I knew I forgot to buy something...

It is in the other room completely stripped down to bare metal. I even took out the extra long usb pass through cables and the front panel they are connected to. I was contemplating buying another one and clipping the cables because I simply have no need for them. In the three years I have been running the other server I have used the optical drive once (to install WHS) and the usb ports a handful of times to try and fix a strange nic issue. So I am going to omit an optical drive from the final build and hopefully the usb extensions will curl up nicely behind the hard drive cages with some velcro tie restraint. I wanted a really clean interior along with the highest airflow with minimal sound.

Edit: I didn't picture the two S-Flex's that are replacing the front fans. Bright blue led fans does not equal low key. I got antsy and replaced the gear that bolts on to them to mount them.

Last edited:
Okay, let me preface this post by saying I have never done a liquid cooled system before... I'm confused on why this case wouldn't fit an H70. All the pictures I am seeing of people removing the bottom hard drive tray and installing an H50 looks like there is still a lot of space left over. Is there a reason why the H70 wouldn't fit in the same area? As well, this system I want to build is a travel system, it goes around A LOT to tournaments and what not. Would there be a reason NOT to get liquid cooling? For instance, does it not react well to movement?

Also, are there any MicroATX mobos with FOUR usb3.0 connectors? Preferably two in the back, and then internal pin headers for this? http://www.lian-li.com.tw/v2/en/pro...index=575&cl_index=2&sc_index=47&ss_index=141

Personally, I would go with a H60 over a H50 or H70 but that's just me. I used the H50 because I already had it before the H60 became widely available. The H60 is now the new high performance Hydro Cooler unit to have IMHO after seeing the tests between the three.

ITS ALIVE!! :D

Components in sig (3rd Line)

Pics once I learn how to transfer them from camera to PC and then to HF. Probably tomorrow. Today I rest.

Just going with one 6950 for now and see how it works out. Later on in the year probably buy another. Spending too much money lately.

ITS ALIVE!! :D

Components in sig (3rd Line)

Pics once I learn how to transfer them from camera to PC and then to HF. Probably tomorrow. Today I rest.

Congrats man! Looking forward to seeing some pics. Glad it did turn out that your board was defective and nothing else. New replacement board solved all your troubles?

Congrats man! Looking forward to seeing some pics. Glad it did turn out that your board was defective and nothing else. New replacement board solved all your troubles?

Yes, turned out the culprit was the mobo. Everything else checked out fine. Its purring like a Cheeta. :)

Ah, that's cool. Nothing worse than getting a new board back and then finding out it was the RAM or something.
I'm still waiting for my vid card replacement, this Geforce 6600GT definitely does not purr... :mad:

So Micro Center never got supply of the revised P8P67 M Pro board. I went ahead and bought the board from Amazon and replaced the recalled one last night. MC refunded me last night for the recalled board.

So far so good.. I'm at 4.5ghz stable and will push it back to 4.8 or higher.. I was at 4.8 stable with the original board.

The case is doing well with an H50, but it was a hassle to replace the board. I had to almost remove everything except the drive/fans.

So I finally got my case in today. Built it and got it running in a couple of hours tops. Very happy with it so far. Sorry for the blurry images. I'm using a USB bracket inside the case to save back USB ports, giving me internal unifed adapter and bluetooth. Works great. I replaced the stock 120mm fans with enermax fans as I didn't want the blue glow. Right now I use a Logitech Performance MX mouse, Apple Bluetooth keyboard (will be replacing with Logitech K340 unified), and Mobile Mouse on iphone to control system. I also have a usb IR sensor from a MCE remote so my harmony remote works too. I will be adding a Xbox 360 wireless controller adapter. When I upgrade my current video cards in my main rig I'll be putting two 4870's in crossfire in this system.

System runs cool and silent right now. I have the fan controller set to about 20% and I can't hear it at all unless I'm within two feet of it then it is just a wooshing sound. Idle temps are low 30's for CPU and mid 20's for motherboard. 100% load temps are high 40's for CPU and high 20's for motherboard, lower than I expected with stock cooler. I'll stick with stock cooling now, if video cards up the temps a lot I'll replace stock cpu cooler.

System Specs are as follows:

Intel i5 2500k
Asus P8H67-M Evo motherboard
4GB (2x2) G.Skill 1333Mhz DDR3
1TB WD Black HDD
22x Samsung DVD-RW
700W OCZ ModXStream Pro PS
Lian Li 140mm fan
Three 120mm Enermax TB Silence fans
Asus BT211 bluetooth adapter
Logitech Performance MX mouse
Apple Keyboard
Lian Li PC-V354B case.
Epson 8700UB projector
100" Dragonfly 1.2 gain matte white screen
Yamaha RX-V3900 Receiver
Energy C-500 front speakers
Energy C-C100 center speaker
Energy CR-10 side speakers
Energy RC Mini rear speakers
BIC PL-200 subwoofer

What do you think?

img2421r.jpg

img2454n.jpg

img2480b.jpg

img2484e.jpg

img2485jg.jpg

img2487ao.jpg

img2489f.jpg

Last edited:
Apple Keyboard
Lian Li PC-V354B case.
Espon 8700UB projector
100" Dragonfly 1.2 gain matte white screen

I think the Espon projector is probably an Epson ;)
On a more serious note -- are you getting decent connection on BT and Logitech RF dongles when they're inside the (conducting) case?

I think the Espon projector is probably an Epson ;)
On a more serious note -- are you getting decent connection on BT and Logitech RF dongles when they're inside the (conducting) case?

FIXED.

The connection for the mouse is excellent, the keyboard sometimes repeats keys but it did that outside the case too when I was using my laptop in the same area. I'm sitting about 16 feet away I guess. When just watching TV I just use my iphone with mobile mouse.

N1GHTRA1N, a bit off-topic, but nice projector man! I'm still rockin' a Mitsu HD1000U but have been tempted by the 8700UB. A great piece of kit.
I run a Mac Mini with Plex off of mine, what software are you using on your new build?

"When I upgrade my current video cards in my main rig I'll be putting two 4870's in crossfire in this system."
Not on your H67 board you won't ;-)

Am also curious as to cyberkost's Q.

Back