New Lian LI PC-V1000 series thread

shawnoen

[H]ard|Gawd
Everyone has seen the pics from the introduction at Computex 2010.

Case is supposed to be released in October and is a great upgrade for all that are holding on to their old PC-V1000B or V1000Zs!!!!!

Will come in black, silver, and red.

Dual 140mm fans up front, one up top, removeable motherboard tray, 8x PCI slots, etc....really a simple, no nonsense case. Just how I like it!

Size of the new V1020 is almost identical in size to order V1000 line....

V1000: 210mm x 490mm x 550mm (W, H, D)

V1020: 220mm x 505mm x 562mm (W, H, D)

Only thing I don't like is the hard drive cage on the new one. Way too big! But that is easily fixed by going into Lian Li's parts bin and using another hard drive cage from another model. You could suspend it from the bottom of the 5.25" bay cage or have it sitting at the bottom of the case itself.

Here is the Lian Li page for the new model:

http://lian-li.com/v2/tw/product/upload/image/v1020/flyer.html

v1020-02.jpg

v1020-01.jpg

v1020-00.jpg

v1020-03.jpg

v1020-04.jpg

v1020-06.jpg

v1020-07.jpg

v1020-05.jpg

I just wish Lian-Li would leave a little more room behind the mobo tray for easier cable management. Come on just a 1/4" to 3/8" wider would do it.

I just wish Lian-Li would leave a little more room behind the mobo tray for easier cable management. Come on just a 1/4" to 3/8" wider would do it.

Definitely wish they did that. My A77F has the same problem and I'm a little annoyed by it.

the only complaint i have about my PC-B25FWB is the lack of depth behind the mobo tray. i'd be happy if the case was 1/8 inch wider. a quarter inch wider would be heavenly. actually, i have one more complaint. i wish they would've made the side panel with the rectangular window the default panel instead of the dog-bone shaped one. if they had, i would've saved 50 bucks.

anyway, i used to have a v1200b. the interior design of the new v1000 is definitely an improvement. if LL releases a new v1200b based on that design, i may have to grab one.

To be completely honest they just dont look like enough has changed to warrant me replacing my pc-v1000b for one of these. If i didnt already have my case i would certainly consider them but since i do why bother?

From what i see its going to be louder and have problems with dust which my current one does not have and i am not a fan of the buttons being placed on top. I also really hope some third party installed those disgusting looking fans. Blue fans are so 2004 srsly.

I don't like the button up top or the fact that its so damn big it can't be replaced with a vandal one.

Only thing I don't like about my current V100B is that on my Classified motherboard I can't use a big CPU cooler like a TRUE 120 because the midplate is in the way. I'm stuck with a Thermalright Ultima 90 for now.

If I could find a V1000Z I might buy that and try it out since its not inverted.

i found that to be the case with several motherboards. so i make the back fan an intake, and orient my true black horizontally, with the fan on top, sucking. picked up about 6 or 7c on load from when i used the ultima 90 and the back fan as exhaust. this works especially well if you have a plus 2, and use the side fan as an exhaust, or you have modded the top panel to have blowhole(s).

looks like this one should drop at $229 or even $250. if you swap out hd cage or chop off the top part of it, you can fit some long vid cards in there.

I just wish they would come come out with a replacement for the PC-V1100 and PC-V2100. Something with more room in the PSU area.

As i see, most of the lian li cases have psu at the bottom..is it necessary to flip psu down so that fan will be on the bottom side? In this case, the psu would intake air from the bottom?

PSU runs more efficient with cooler air from the bottom, so its VERY neccesary. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I have to agree on the more room on the opposite side of the mobo tray. I really just need 1/4 of an inch and no one would be able to see any cables I have. The mobo 24 pin cable seems to be a little to think for the back of mine, though =[

Ohhh :eek:...a removable motherboard tray. That is my only beef with my pc-v1200. Good evolutionary changes by Lian Li IMO.

Not sure which one I like more, black or silver. *weeps*

I do agree with the drive cage too. Too bad Li-Li kept it a single unit and unable to split it a la V354.

I may be the only one, but no rATX = do not want :(
They can call it a V10x but without rATX it's not a V10x to me. :eek:

My girlfriend's response when she first saw my v1000 years ago - "Does your computer have WHEELS!?"

Absolutely gorgeous, I just really wish they stayed with 120mm fans all around. Just not enough quality 140mm fans out on the market ATM (at least not for my requirements).
Though that is a pretty small gripe. I love how they kept it looking 99% the same while modernizing it LiLi style :cool:

I prefer the old style wheels without the rubber imo.

My rig is heavy enough that it won't move when the wheels are locked.

I prefer the old style wheels without the rubber imo.

My rig is heavy enough that it won't move when the wheels are locked.

It is basically just a rubber band. If the wheel kit is the same as the one on my 1200v, there are not even grooves on the wheels. I never bothered putting the rubber on the wheels. It is more to prevent you from scratching the finish or glass on your desk than it is an anti slip measure.

Nice case - not surprised to see this case come back as an updated model.

Does this mean there is a chance for a V600 replacement ? I'd be up for that since I prefer my builds to be more compact, but I'm still not going to SFF.

i really like the blowhole on the top as well as the psu hole on the bottom. wish i could do these to my existing 1200

and to some of the previous posts, you can remove the wheels with a simple philips screwdriver.

i personally took mine off two days ago because i have the ikea galant extension that holds the tower and it kept rolling off

I wish it had the aluminum PCI retention brackets that the Armorsuit has. I have them on my Lancool, they rock!

I actually like wheels on my cases, looking forward to when they have these on sale (wonder how much).

Retail on the silver or black is going to be $289. Red is $349.

Releasing October 20th. I'm sure US availability will be around Xmas.

$270 shipped on Newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112308

*Edit.

Wow, I never really thought about it, but both this case and the Mac Pro has perforated front panels, but for whatever reason I like the Mac Pro look a lot better than the V1020. Could it be the handles?

All you guys who already own a V10xx case, does the look grow on you? I usually like smooth front bezels or ones that are not completely perforated, like the X900, but may consider picking up one of these instead.

Last edited:
Wow, can't believe its already in stock in the USA. Usually, we get Lian Li stuff months after release due to the method they take to get stuff here (cargo boats).

And thats a great price!

Back