New Lian Li PC- Q11 itx case : Specification & Feature

Someone asked me to repost the pictures of my modded Q11. I didn't bother to resize so they are about 600k each.

100_0266s.jpg

100_0269s.jpg

100_0271s.jpg

a question about the PSU.
The PSU (Silverstone SFX) must be mounted with her fan on front of the CPU dissipator or on front of lateral case?

My current setup is:
GA-H55N-USB3 H55 Socket 1156 Mini ITX
i5 760 4x2.80GHz So1156 BOX
Sapphire ultimate HD 7750
Scythe Kozuti
one 3,5" disc
Corsair VX550W 550 Watt
no DVD
in a Q11.

I seem to have a problem with temperatures, and am considering adding some ventilation to the case. What would you who have experience or better understanding recommend?
I am considering adding a case fan (Gentle Typhoon AP13) by cutting a circular hole in the bottom, a bit off-center because there is no need to cool the back of the motherboard.
I could then move the 3,5" disc to the 5,25" slot on top.
In think I could also fit one 12" fan to the top of the case by shortening / removing the 5,25" slot. This would go in the back, but there is a much higer risk of it looking ugly if I make a mistake making the hole(s). I have very little experience in cutting aluminum.
What would be the recommended course of action here, any ideas?

So I bet $399 a GTX 670 would fit in this case... and I was right. Here are a few pics of V1.0 of my Q11, this was the "get it running" part. Taking measurements now for some heavy modifications.

DSC02217.jpg

DSC02218.jpg

LigTasm,

Building out my PC-Q11, and was wondering what 670 card you used in the pics above .. I know the max gpu length is 240mm but was thinking whether I could get a 10" evga ftw in there. Thanks

You might. The PCI-e lane is very close to the socket. I can't give a precise heads up, I only know that you can use that lane at the Gigabyte. You could try to estimate the distance between the socket's midpoint and the PCI-e lane and compare that to the Gigabyte. The Big Shuriken's diameter is 125mm, so you have a radius of like 6cm. That's the space between the given points it needs at least.

Are you talking about the big shuriken 2? I need a cooler and I have the A75N-USB3 and the PC-Q11. I just bought the nexus low-7000 just to find out that it blocks the pci-e slot with the mounting brackets even tough the heatsink fits nicely! Thanks

Are you talking about the big shuriken 2? I need a cooler and I have the A75N-USB3 and the PC-Q11. I just bought the nexus low-7000 just to find out that it blocks the pci-e slot with the mounting brackets even tough the heatsink fits nicely! Thanks

Wait for Thermalright's new AXP-100. That's what I'm doing with my new Q11R.

axp100.jpg

I'll take your advice! Thank you! :)

Sure. I was going to buy a used Samuel 17, but the AXP-100 must be coming out soon considering it's mentioned all over their facebook page. The following article (Month old & translated) says it's 120mm×105mm×44mm and claims it can be used with a 100mm, 120mm, or 140mm fan - http://bbs.kaspersky.com.cn/thread-806684-1-1.html

My guess is that it'll come with a 120mm fan that has 100mm holes (TY-100?), and I think it's worth the wait. This will probably be the perfect SFF/ITX cooler for tiny SS/Lian Li cases and I bet most people will keep them for a long time rather than second guess it like most other low profile coolers. Until then, I'll be sticking with the stock cooler :p

Excellent temps with the CPU Cooler Master S524 and no fan :D . Only issue is making sure wires don't touch the cooler -- Near silent build

1. Replaced the stock case fan with NB-BlackSilentPro PK-3 run at 60%-70% power during normal activity. Nice sound even when at full power..

2. Replaced the PSU Fan from an old Enermax MOD-82 424W , The original fan had a slight whine so had to go, with NANOXIA FX12-1250 120MM. Normally run at 50-60 percent power, near silent and nice push of air

3. Grabbed an AC Aquaero 4 LT fan controller from the parts bin, very surprised it still worked since no care was taken when stored a few years back. I can keep this box on my desk now. :)

CPU Temps at Idle and normal load within 1 to 2C from case around 28-30C and no more then 70C when stressed for hours. Case temps are great when pressed /stressed

The install took me longer then my water cooled rig with 5x more gear.. This case is not cable friendly. Sort of need some sort of wiring harness for the motherboard since its attached to the side panel . Tiny side panel screws, means I will not be opening the case often to clean the air filter :mad:

GIGABYTE Z77N-WIFI
CPU I7-3770S
16GB
CORSAIR 16GB Vengance LP
SAMSUNG 830 - 256 x 2 @ raid 0
ENERMAX MODU82+ 425W

Graphics - will use the integrated CPU graphics for this workstation

Last edited:
Does anyone have experience running this case with a fanless PSU and if so, would running an i5 3xxx without a GPU present a problem? I plan to get a Thermalright AXP-100 before doing any mild overclocking, but I'm still debating between a Seasonic G-360 and one of their fanless power supplies. I don't care about saving money, efficiency, or power needed, but rather less cables and potential CPU/case temps.

I wanted to go the fanless PSU route as well, but had a few spare PSU's laying around and budget was tight. If you decide to go this route , keep us informed of temps.

I wanted to go the fanless PSU route as well, but had a few spare PSU's laying around and budget was tight. If you decide to go this route , keep us informed of temps.

After searching and reading around, I concluded the X-400 wouldn't be a good choice with this case even if I'm not using a dedicated GPU. Mike from over at SPCR said it would be a bad idea to have the X-400 mounted sideways in such a small case and advised me to go with the X-560 (lol). This build will obviously never use more than 100-120W, but he insisted I go with the X-560 for silence & internal temps even if I lose in the efficiency department. I knew the fan of Seasonic's semi-fanless power supplies kicked on at greater than 20% wattage output (never going to happen lol), but I only recently learned that the same thing happens when temps hit 35C. Anyway, I listened to his advice and found a good deal on a used one.

Please post install pics, PSU seems pretty deep, but awesome. Very interested to see if I could run a MINI ITX rig with 1 x140mm fan with a I7 CPU using the power of a 40W light bulb

Please post install pics, PSU seems pretty deep, but awesome. Very interested to see if I could run a MINI ITX rig with 1 x140mm fan with a I7 CPU using the power of a 40W light bulb

Oh it fits as seen here - http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1620866

I was going to use a P8Z77-I Deluxe so that I could fit a TY-140 onto Thermalright's upcoming AXP-100 (early November release), but they just announced they've added variable position holes to the fan bracket (Photo below), so I'm going with Asrock. I've owned both boards before and prefer the Asrock for a few reasons (Voltage control for 3 pin fans on the chassis header, Night Light LED, much faster boot times, and slightly faster Sata III speeds, etc.)

Edit: The AXP-100 won't be out until early November, but I will post install photos :)

12884_10151150962554102_1609251300_n.jpg

LigTasm,

Building out my PC-Q11, and was wondering what 670 card you used in the pics above .. I know the max gpu length is 240mm but was thinking whether I could get a 10" evga ftw in there. Thanks

No no no. Lian-Li specifies 240mm to be the maximum length graphics card you can put into the case. The reference 670 is specified to be 241mm on the EVGA website.

I learned the hard way this evening. Just bought a 670 FTW SIG 2. The guy is specified to be 9.5" like the reference card, but it's actually 10.1" or so and it does not fit. It extends out by an inch or so when you hold it to the side of the Q11.

I keep messing up what used to be a nice, if not great looking case.
I have a few uglification for sake of expansion pictures.
You may wonder: if I wanted all that crap inside - why not just go with a larger one?
Beauty is in a detail... I like small things - and this is a test of my patience.
Newly added: slim DVD writer, 1 extra 3.5" HD, wireless card, new graphics card, and lian li HD controller, modified (read f'd up) to accommodate that DVD player.

Heat inside? 43C with fan spinning at 40%. Noisiest part is still my PSU, but I just cannot find a low profile, quiet 80mm fan. I was considering more powerful graphics card, but I don't really need it as I do not play games, and this 7850 is more than adequate for what I do (so far).
Now, pictures:
faceplate.JPG

pcisupport.JPG

back.JPG

inside.JPG

insidelabeled.JPG

I love what you did with it. If you're so worried about how it looks call around and look for someone who does powder coating in your area. Probably cost you what a new case would. Or get a new one and redo the mod and give me this one =)

I love what you did with it. If you're so worried about how it looks call around and look for someone who does powder coating in your area. Probably cost you what a new case would. Or get a new one and redo the mod and give me this one =)

It did cross my mind, I assure you! And it will cross it few more times before I am officially done with it. Thanks!

I am from Thailand I do not speak English I would like to share Case
This is Black
2012-09-14032536.jpg

2012-09-17181228.jpg

2012-09-17175607.jpg

2012-09-17180920.jpg

This is Red
2012-11-15195931.jpg

2012-11-23124350.jpg

2012-11-19132122.jpg

2012-11-19132030.jpg

2012-11-19132220.jpg

Now
2012-11-23124407.jpg

2012-11-23124217.jpg

2012-11-23124206.jpg

2012-11-20024927.jpg

2012-11-20024957.jpg

2012-11-20024836.jpg

Last edited:
I am from Thailand I do not speak English I would like to

If I may make a suggestion... consider using different image hosting service if you can. Currently your pictures load up very, very slowly. I think people here like Photobucket.

What do you do with the hard drives?

If I may make a suggestion... consider using different image hosting service if you can. Currently your pictures load up very, very slowly. I think people here like Photobucket.

What do you do with the hard drives?

From the one image you can see it looks like they are in the ODD bay

I'm sorry.I do not really know I have edited it.

Hey another note from your pictures, if you're running your hdd upside down I wouldn't recommend that - I've had bad experiences with premature wear on drives from being run upside down.

Just my $0.02.

Depends on where you're located. In Germany kind of everywhere you want...
Maybe they can help you with international shipping if you can't seem to find anywhere else.
click it
Also at amazon UK but it's pretty expensive there.

Back