New Lian Li PC- Q11 itx case : Specification & Feature

I'd be able to use Front USB ports with this case :D

I had to remove the header cause of clearance issues with my GFX card in my 07.

I'd be able to use Front USB ports with this case :D

I had to remove the header cause of clearance issues with my GFX card in my 07.

I actually found an old headder that fit with an extra long cablethat I was able to run down below the graphics card & then back against the mobo.. But yea placement in the 07 was mad sux0rz

Time to start chomping at the bit

shows in stock to order
http://www.zapsonline.com/42494-lia...-aluminum-black-mini-itx-case-frch-lq11b.html

shows out of stock
http://www.cyburbia.co.za/index.php...1-mini-itx-silver/flypage.ilvm_black.tpl.html

Pre-Order
http://boardreader.com/thread/NEW_2010_LIAN_LI_CASES_PRE_ORDER_NOW_6fv9Xasxvt.html

Unfortunitly though none of these are in the US

& using the price on zapsonline & the ex33b as well as the ex33b proce from newegg I would guess that the q11 is about 120 bucks US.. Kinda steep, but I cant say I wont pay it.
& if you use the same but use the a05n as reference it would be about 95 or 100.. So thats atleast better.

Last edited:
capturekqi.png

Link

• Supports Mini-ITX/Mini-DTX motherboards
  • Two 3.5" HDD & two 2.5" HDD
  • One 140mm system fan at the front
  • Two PCI expansion slots
  • One standard 5.25" optical drive
  • Standard ATX PS/2 power supply units
  • Support two USB3.0 / HD audio multimedia I/O ports
  • Available in four colors: black, silver, red and (New!) piano white
  • Availability: Arriving at local distributors end of August
  • MSRP (VAT not included): US$94.99 for PC-Q11A/B (silver/black), US$114.9 for PC-Q11R (red), and US$174.99 for PC-Q11W (white)

I don't know why but I love "tower" format instead of "cube" format. Maybe my next mini ITX (with core i7 750 / GTX460 or HD5850...

5850's at standard length will be damn close to the same length as the case. a 460 however will fit with room to spare.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Would seem decently priced, but it's - as usual for Lian Li - bigger than I'd prefer (would be just as well to use the SG03, really), and while I can't find any actual numbers for it, it would seem it can't fit anything but quite low-profile heat sinks? Seems like the PSU would be smack dab in the middle of the motherboard, a la SG03/05?

that's the same as the q07 and the q08. Not a big deal with itx since oc is limited

that's the same as the q07 and the q08. Not a big deal with itx since oc is limited
Same, yes... and at least for me it's not about the OC as much as it is keeping things silent etc. Easier to do with a bigger selection of larger coolers available.

Still, the case is as stylish as you'd expect from Lian Li, and that counts for something.

5850's at standard length will be damn close to the same length as the case. a 460 however will fit with room to spare.

Gainward GTX 460 GS Goes Like Hell is long only 188mm and power connectors are placed on the upper side of the card

lenght-comparision.jpg

;)

Sound is easy. The big shirken fits the size and is quiet. not to mention that chances are from placement of the intake it looks like a h50 style cooler may be an easy fit.

@emax. The standard 460 should fit fine, but that little one is sexy, especially id its quiet.

Sound is easy. The big shirken fits the size and is quiet. not to mention that chances are from placement of the intake it looks like a h50 style cooler may be an easy fit.
Not so easy everywhere. Can't think of anyone who'd sell the Big Shuriken in Finland anymore. Same thing with the apparently popular (based on these boards) TT AXP-140. In some situations any sort of WC setup isn't viable as well, ruling out the H50. It does seem that my second-favorite store has just gotten a stock of Samuel 17s though, but reports indicate it is not that great performance-wise.

Anyway just saying, versatility is a good thing to have. With the Q11's volume, it'd be possible to have more versatility in addition to the good looks. But for most situations my pickiness aside I admit it seems like a good, stylish case, and not even horribly expensive. While the Lan Gear ITX case will be awesome as far as features and versatility go, my wallet will weep tears of blood when I'll order it :(

@emax. The standard 460 should fit fine, but that little one is sexy, especially id its quiet.
Incidentally that Gainward GTX 460 GS-GLH is the exact model I'm getting soon (actually I already reserved one weeks ago, but only came in stock now) :) Can't wait, as my current GPU just isn't that great for the newest games ;)

If you want a bigger hsf then you could use a pico psu and have all the space you need for just about everything. That or make an adapter plate and mount a sfx psu and have a happy medium.

Everyone complains about the Q series volume, but using standard parts is what does it. And for me at least its a fair enough trade off.

People only complain about the volume because they know the same fitting options can be achieved in a smaller volume. After all, small size is what ITX is for so it's only logical people in fact like to keep the size down, especially those who have a need to lug the case around with them for whatever reason :)

Overall I'd say my opionion of Lian Li is that they do stylish much better than anyone else in the SFF sector - but like the other big manufacturers in most cases, they generally don't really optimize their designs for a great volume/feature ratio. Something like a PC-Q09 Core i3 HTPC would be a killer to have, though.

Volume isn't the only measure of being small. I personally love the q07 due to its tiny footprint even if the volume is high. There simply isn't anything close in terms of features with that small of a footprint. And the q11 will be even better since you cdb pack in considerably more hardware with only a small increase in the footprint.

so it appears that the q11 should hit retailers the end of this month.. Now I need to start saving for this & a new cooler (will be a h50 with a 140mm to 120mm fan adapter & the lian li PSU extension I think)

ditch the 5.25" rack/tray inside and have 120mm fan for exhaust on the top panel.

or LL will probably come up with that panel for $40 in a couple of months after release. :D

ditch the 5.25" rack/tray inside and have 120mm fan for exhaust on the top panel.

or LL will probably come up with that panel for $40 in a couple of months after release. :D

although I Dont use it often, I wont give up my 5.25.. Also being a former owner of a q07, it doesn't need any exhaust.. The PSU is the exhaust, Just turn it so it sucks the air off the CPU area.. I Didn't have any heat issues with my q07 & its MUCH tighter with no other forced air..

although I Dont use it often, I wont give up my 5.25.. Also being a former owner of a q07, it doesn't need any exhaust.. The PSU is the exhaust, Just turn it so it sucks the air off the CPU area.. I Didn't have any heat issues with my q07 & its MUCH tighter with no other forced air..

what vidcard did you have on the 07? I guess I'm just scarred form the A05 and the heat that builds up on top.

what vidcard did you have on the 07? I guess I'm just scarred form the A05 and the heat that builds up on top.

I had an asus 5750. It wasn't enough juice to play modern games which was the whole reason I dont still have that system.. But I Can say that there was no heat issues.. The CPU actually ran cooler with the PSU sucking the heat off of it then it did with no side panel on the case & the PSU sitting behind it.. It kind of violates basic rules of PC cooling, but for whatever reason it worked very well.. I think it was because the interior space was SO limited that the relatively slow fan in the hx520 psu I was using still changed the full air volume of the case in a rapid manner.. Where in a standard ATX or god forbid a full tower ATX you need extra exhaust (or extra forced intake) to change that air out in a timely manner..

My GPU temps dropped about considerably across the board when I cut a bottom intake opening in mine. The GT240 would hit 90* C under load before I cut the bottom. This was when I had a normal ATX PSU in the system though.

I put the Pico in there, cause it was stable when she played WoW with me...go figure she loads the Sims 3 and it overloads the PSU, causing a instant power crash. So a GT240 + Pico 160 = No Go under load, even though it crashes once it his 154w according to my Kilawatt meter.

So I'm just worried that if I go back to either an SFX or ATX psu, will it have sufficient cooling? I was looking at either the Silverstone ST45SF or the new Seasonic SS-400FL. I wanted a very quiet system, thus looking at the passive cooled PSU. Making the top an exhaust would create a huge hotspot at the bottom. The other option I think I have is to make the bottom an intake and reverse the factory 140mm front fan to be exhausting air instead.

The wife wants front USB and headphone ports and she likes this case. I cannot go to the more practical Q08, I tried, she says it's too big.

The ebay seller posted in the v354 thread, he seems legit enough. I'm just waiting for newegg to carry it, since ground shipping is cheap and only takes a day from Cali to Vegas.

The ebay seller posted in the v354 thread, he seems legit enough. I'm just waiting for newegg to carry it, since ground shipping is cheap and only takes a day from Cali to Vegas.

God I miss that quick shipping from when I lived in Vegas (LV native originally). But ywah I am holding out till newegg has it & maybe a couple other places just for a judge on price.

I'm sorry, but the case is not mine :( ... i found this gallery on web :p

A note : LL has changed the location of buttons of power & reser ????

Power/reset buttons look better on top of USB ports than at bottom. This would also help if the case was on the floor.

Ok so hypomathematicaly there is a dtx motherboard with two PCIE 16 slots. Would it make sense to put two 5770 single slot CF in this case??? Wouldnt expect GTX 460 single slot except galaxy. (Wouldnt expect DTX mobo either) heh

GTX460 single slot would fry itself :p

But honestly, a board like that wouldn't really make sense. Or at least using two GPUs in it wouldn't - a DTX board in itself would be useful for many purposes.

Yea DTX boards are pretty damn rare.. But yeah if someone made one with 2 pcie slots (even x8 x8 would rock) it would be very tempting to look for a CF/SLI setup just to say you have one in something that small.

Back