New Lian Li PC- Q11 itx case : Specification & Feature

Edit: May have found the answer in the Revision B version http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1034657538&postcount=1194 It looks as if it doesn't obstruct the ram? Would you agree.

Orginal:

Anyone know if Corsair Dominator ram will fit underneath the Big Shuriken or Thermalright AXP-140 on the zotac 9300 board?
Also in the PC-Q11 case can a fan be fitted on top of the heatsink or is the PSU to close?

As it's old ram i'm trying to buy the heatsink around. How does the H50 stack up noise wise to either of those 2 air cooled ones? It's not much more cost wise.

I don't know about that motherboard, but on the H55N-USB3, I highly doubt Corsair Dominator ram will fit under a Big Shuriken or the AXP-140. I have both HSFs and Corsair XMS ram and both HSFs clear the ram by a little bit. Any more and it's not going to fit.

Redid the old Q11 build with new hardware all round.

img1201b.jpg

img1199yy.jpg

Waiting for a single slot XFX 5770.

Way too clean.. So Clean I almost dont like it. Makes me feel bad about mine
I don't think you can compare our builds as your is probably much more practical and serviceable.

Making things look simple often end up making them 10 times more complex, I will not be taking this baby apart any time soon.

Got another picture for you, better look at the internals.

malayc.jpg

I don't think you can compare our builds as your is probably much more practical and serviceable.

Making things look simple often end up making them 10 times more complex, I will not be taking this baby apart any time soon.

malayc.jpg

Looks good! Went with the H55N-USB3 huh? It looks like you have a little bit more clearance with the AXP-140 than I did with mine. Alas, I took apart the AXP-140 and put back the Big Shuriken with its original fan; I'm going to be buying a new hard drive and giving the computer to my dad. He could use a better computer than the current one he has. I'll probably look to build a mATX server/torrent box next and use it until I get a MBP.

I'll probably look to build a mATX server/torrent box next and use it until I get a MBP.

heh, thats funny.. I now have an a04 behind me running WHS for my torrents & sageTV.. Great case for it.

heh, thats funny.. I now have an a04 behind me running WHS for my torrents & sageTV.. Great case for it.

Nice! I looked at the case but I'm not really a fan of it. I don't think I need like 6-7 hard drives. 4-5 might suffice.

Up have 3 right now. But wasn't to know I don't need a new case any time soon.that and I got the a04 at a deal I couldn't resist
Posted via Mobile Device

Up have 3 right now. But wasn't to know I don't need a new case any time soon.that and I got the a04 at a deal I couldn't resist
Posted via Mobile Device

Hmm I see. A good deal to hard to pass up on. I have thought about the upcoming TJ08E as my server case but I'm not sure yet. I know I could go mITX server/case (i.e. Q08 again but this time as a server) but working with tiny cases is a pain and I'm starting to dislike having to unscrew so many screws to open the case.

Hmm I see. A good deal to hard to pass up on. I have thought about the upcoming TJ08E as my server case but I'm not sure yet. I know I could go mITX server/case (i.e. Q08 again but this time as a server) but working with tiny cases is a pain and I'm starting to dislike having to unscrew so many screws to open the case.

Honestly if an optical drive isnt needed & you know its just going to be a server I love the ARRAY R2. That case is just dead sexy for what it does.

And I Didn't realize how much I disliked the screws on the LL side panels until I just did this A9f after my last several cases all had the screw on sides.

I jsut recently purchased the red version of this case! I like it very much but there are some things that bother me about it.

1) I can verify that any 5850 gpu will not fit. I bought the asus 5850 TOP edition card and it was almost an inch and a half too long. Ended up having to order an XFX 6850 black edition to replace it.

2) This problem, i'm not sure how to address... I am using an ASUS M4A88T-I Deluxe AMD itx mobo, and the lian li PWR LED and the HDD LED aernt working. The mobo has a 2 pin male connection but the Lian Li has a 3 pin for the PWR LED plug. When i stick the 3 pin in i can't get the power button to work because it ends up taking up the pin for the pwr button, but the LED works in return. Although it works, it's still not functioning properly because it ends up just staying on (BLUE LED) while the computer is on or off. Is anybody else having this issue?

I tried relocating the pin on the 3 pin connector on the case but it's still not working. the connector on the case is like this x-0-x (0 being an absense of a pin) so i tried moving the pin so that it is x-x-0 but still no go...

o and another problem is the USB cable that routes to the back of the case. I'm going to be using a 2 slotted GPU leaving no way to route the cables to the back. Solution?

malayc.jpg

Awesome build that you got there! Mind telling me what your parts are? Which PSU are you using?

I jsut recently purchased the red version of this case! I like it very much but there are some things that bother me about it.

1) I can verify that any 5850 gpu will not fit. I bought the asus 5850 TOP edition card and it was almost an inch and a half too long. Ended up having to order an XFX 6850 black edition to replace it.

2) This problem, i'm not sure how to address... I am using an ASUS M4A88T-I Deluxe AMD itx mobo, and the lian li PWR LED and the HDD LED aernt working. The mobo has a 2 pin male connection but the Lian Li has a 3 pin for the PWR LED plug. When i stick the 3 pin in i can't get the power button to work because it ends up taking up the pin for the pwr button, but the LED works in return. Although it works, it's still not functioning properly because it ends up just staying on (BLUE LED) while the computer is on or off. Is anybody else having this issue?

I tried relocating the pin on the 3 pin connector on the case but it's still not working. the connector on the case is like this x-0-x (0 being an absense of a pin) so i tried moving the pin so that it is x-x-0 but still no go...

Don't know what to say about the PWR and HDD LED plugs. My computer works but the LEDs don't light up but that's not a problem for me. As for the USB cable through the back, don't put the cables through the PCI slots; put it through the opening to the left of the PCI slots where you can move the opening back and forth.

Awesome build that you got there! Mind telling me what your parts are? Which PSU are you using?

As far as I can tell, it's the H55N-USB3 for the motherboard, AXP-140 for the HSF, and I believe the PSU is the same as last time (fractal 300W PSU)

Don't know what to say about the PWR and HDD LED plugs. My computer works but the LEDs don't light up but that's not a problem for me. As for the USB cable through the back, don't put the cables through the PCI slots; put it through the opening to the left of the PCI slots where you can move the opening back and forth.

Thats where I ran my USB through too.. & the HDD light flashes, but thank god they disabled the power light.. Its bright ass blue & on my desk it would be distracting.. Not to mention look like arse on a red case.

Thats where I ran my USB through too.. & the HDD light flashes, but thank god they disabled the power light.. Its bright ass blue & on my desk it would be distracting.. Not to mention look like arse on a red case.

Haha well I don't like LEDs in general so I was perfectly fine with them not working. I did run my USB through that opening but I ended up using that PCI slot that they give you; I did have to remove the rubber part of it to get the cables to get through that tiny opening.

Haha well I don't like LEDs in general so I was perfectly fine with them not working. I did run my USB through that opening but I ended up using that PCI slot that they give you; I did have to remove the rubber part of it to get the cables to get through that tiny opening.

Yea I would have.. if I didn't have a double slot video card. That left me with basically the only option being to run it out the other little hole.

It will fit, but I think the guy was asking about cable mess
Posted via Mobile Device

Anybody here running a 95W CPU with a 460/560 class graphics card in the Q11? I'd like to ask what PSU and HSF you're using and how you're managing cooling, as well as what temperatures you've been working with.

I'm building a Sandy Bridge Q11 build with the Zotac H67 Wi-Fi board, a i5 2500k and I'm hoping to stick a Galaxy GFX 560 Ti in it as well. I consider cooling the CPU with the Samuel 17 and the Scythe S-Flex SFF21E, and using the Silverstone 450W SFX PSU, but I'm wondering if it's better using a Enermax MODU82 instead, so that more air gets exhausted. I don't see the point of the case fan though with a full size PSU installed. Any suggestions?

I have a 95w phenom 2 x4 810 and a 6850 with a big shuriken powered by a silverstone strider 600w. No heat issues.
Posted via Mobile Device

Anybody here running a 95W CPU with a 460/560 class graphics card in the Q11? I'd like to ask what PSU and HSF you're using and how you're managing cooling, as well as what temperatures you've been working with.

I'm building a Sandy Bridge Q11 build with the Zotac H67 Wi-Fi board, a i5 2500k and I'm hoping to stick a Galaxy GFX 560 Ti in it as well. I consider cooling the CPU with the Samuel 17 and the Scythe S-Flex SFF21E, and using the Silverstone 450W SFX PSU, but I'm wondering if it's better using a Enermax MODU82 instead, so that more air gets exhausted. I don't see the point of the case fan though with a full size PSU installed. Any suggestions?

if you use a sfx powersupply in the q11 you can go with a taller heatsink as there is more room . a friend of mine is useing a gemini s heatsink with a silverstone sfx and a 25mm thickness fan.

Jen

if you use a sfx powersupply in the q11 you can go with a taller heatsink as there is more room . a friend of mine is useing a gemini s heatsink with a silverstone sfx and a 25mm thickness fan.

I'm considering a few different HSF options, but I'm worried about blocking the PCI-E - the Zotac board has the CPU placed way too close it. Although, the GeminiII S looks like it could fit - any idea of how it worked for your friend?

Last edited:
I'm considering a few different HSF options, but I'm worried about blocking the PCI-E - the Zotac board has the CPU placed way too close it. Although, the GeminiII S looks like it could fit - any idea of how it worked for your friend?

the motherboard my friend used was a foxconn h67 i beleive . i know i used a gemini s with a gigabyte h55 even though it was very close to blocking the pci e i was still able to use a video card

Jen

my friend purchased a evga 570hd and we installed in a lian li pc11 it fits very well . although its a bit noisey when gaming .

Jen

my friend purchased a evga 570hd and we installed in a lian li pc11 it fits very well . although its a bit noisey when gaming .

Jen

wow.. I jsut looked that card up.. Quite impressive. But I wish I hadn't seen it as now my 6850 is no longer the best card I can put in my q11 so i want to upgrade.

wow.. I jsut looked that card up.. Quite impressive. But I wish I hadn't seen it as now my 6850 is no longer the best card I can put in my q11 so i want to upgrade.

giggles

the card is very fast compared to a 5850 i used awhile ago but it is much more noise . reminds me of my 9800 gtx+ while playing games. in 2d its very quiet as i can tell

Jen

I have a 95w phenom 2 x4 810 and a 6850 with a big shuriken powered by a silverstone strider 600w. No heat issues.
Posted via Mobile Device

How quiet would you say your PC-Q11 build is (idle & 2D desktop work, and while gaming). I'm really wanting to give this case a shot, but don't want it to be heard much while idle and doing 2D work (gaming less important as sound effects should cover up any noise). My computer sits on my desk 2-3 feet from me, so a quiet computer is important.

Kipa

giggles

the card is very fast compared to a 5850 i used awhile ago but it is much more noise . reminds me of my 9800 gtx+ while playing games. in 2d its very quiet as i can tell

Jen

2d is all that matters.. When gaming the speakers/headphones will more then cover the fan noise..

How quiet would you say your PC-Q11 build is (idle & 2D desktop work, and while gaming). I'm really wanting to give this case a shot, but don't want it to be heard much while idle and doing 2D work (gaming less important as sound effects should cover up any noise). My computer sits on my desk 2-3 feet from me, so a quiet computer is important.

Kipa

Sound wise its not bad at all. The only fan I can hear is the stock 140mm & its barely audible. If you look up my build thread for it it has pictures of it sitting next to my monitor so you can see its also pretty close to me. Gaming wise it does get fairly loud when the 2 fans ont he video card ramp up since it does not exhaust out the case & it gets pretty warm (not bad enough to worry though by any means). Eventually though I Think I am going to take the case apart & replace the stock fan with a quieter one (when I can find a good one, but my 2 favorite fan brands for quietness seem to basically only have 140mm fans that take 120mm fan holes) and I think I am going to cut out a 120mm fan in the bottom of the case & use a slim fan there for exhaust. That way I it will pull air down from the cooler top half the case to cool the video card. Another thing that would help is using the sfx silverstone PSU because of the extra clearance between the PSU & Video card it would allow more air around it. I prefer the full size PSU though with the short cable kit.

Overall though I can tell you that the stock AMD cooler that was in my server 8' behind me in a v351was louder then my q11 system complete. I Couldnt even hear the q11 until I replaced the v351 witht he a04 & replaced the stock HSF with a scythe Shuriken.

2d is all that matters.. When gaming the speakers/headphones will more then cover the fan noise..

Sound wise its not bad at all. The only fan I can hear is the stock 140mm & its barely audible. If you look up my build thread for it it has pictures of it sitting next to my monitor so you can see its also pretty close to me. Gaming wise it does get fairly loud when the 2 fans ont he video card ramp up since it does not exhaust out the case & it gets pretty warm (not bad enough to worry though by any means). Eventually though I Think I am going to take the case apart & replace the stock fan with a quieter one (when I can find a good one, but my 2 favorite fan brands for quietness seem to basically only have 140mm fans that take 120mm fan holes) and I think I am going to cut out a 120mm fan in the bottom of the case & use a slim fan there for exhaust. That way I it will pull air down from the cooler top half the case to cool the video card. Another thing that would help is using the sfx silverstone PSU because of the extra clearance between the PSU & Video card it would allow more air around it. I prefer the full size PSU though with the short cable kit.

Overall though I can tell you that the stock AMD cooler that was in my server 8' behind me in a v351was louder then my q11 system complete. I Couldnt even hear the q11 until I replaced the v351 witht he a04 & replaced the stock HSF with a scythe Shuriken.

Dang my ears must be more sensitive than yours. With the stock 140mm fan, it's pretty loud for me. I eventually switched the stock 140mm fan to the lowest speed Noise Blocker and I could still hear it from time to time.

Back