New Lian Li PC- Q11 itx case : Specification & Feature

Thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking. The downside of the case gets really hot when playing so SSD should be even safer up there. I am also thinking to to attach it with four adeshive velcro dots for keeping somekind of airflow around the ssd.

Yeah velcro dots should work well, for his i just cut 2 thin strips of velcro and placed one at the bottom end where all the connections are and one at the top end.

I lined up his ssd with the dvd drive but if i was to to do it again id probably have the ssd hang slightly over the end of the dvd drive as it would make it easier to work with the connections.

You could just lay it in there, there's no problem with that. Got a SSD and a harddrive lying up there with no problems. Just get some cushioning foil around the harddrive and you should be ready to go. By it's thickness and the little space up there you don't need any fixing anymore.

So I have just finished my own build...

AMD 18-3850 paired with 8gb of ram and AMD 7770 for fun. Initially the temparatures were way too high, 70+ on CPU and the whole cooling system seemed to fall apart, the tems would just continue to rise until I shut it down. Bit the bullet and installed a Scythe Shuriken low profile HS on the CPU and had an immediate effect but the case temps would still just keep rising (albeit a little slower), they never seemed to max out.

I was thinking of replacing the CPU/Motherboard with one of the 35w Core CPUs from Intel (at some expense). Upon reading this forum, I decided that before I would ditch it altogether I should try flipping the PSU. Initially I had it so that the PSU Fan was facing the CPU heatsink, but now the PSU fan is facing the outside edge of the case (there is about a 1cm gap).

Huge improvement, I guess it was competing with the air in the mid-section of the case and causing everything else to fail. Now the CPU maxes out at 62 degrees (the core temps about 48).

I have also got the chassis fan and cpu fans running on auto. Which has also weirdly improved the situation when compared to having the chassis fan running full on.

Has anyone else noticed any differences in temps with changes to the PSU orientation?

Cheers all.

Was the CPU fan pushing air towards PSU and PSU fan pulling from CPU? Then it should have been fine and temps are good. If you had it that way it sounds odd because I think nobody has such problems with that fan installation.

Its a 12cm fan PSU which was venting away from the CPU. I really couldn't control the heat when gaming and was just about convinced to ditch for a core i3 3220t or something, until I started reading this thread. I thought I'd give it a try as there seems to be space between the fan and side of case. It must have been competing with the 9cm fan on the shuriken and stopping fresh air from getting to the motherboard also, this could make sense given that it was a larger fan I guess. For me, the cable management is also much improved with the cables now coming out at the bottom of the PSU rather than the top. With my setup there is now only one stray cable running up the case to the blu-ray drive. Now wondering if I should get a modular PSU lol! I never should have started this build, I tend to become addicted with temps and fan noise - maybe I should just ditch the temperature monitoring software and just enjoy it! Hopefully, this PSU adjustment may be suitable for others if they come looking.

So I have just finished my own build...

AMD 18-3850 paired with 8gb of ram and AMD 7770 for fun. Initially the temparatures were way too high, 70+ on CPU and the whole cooling system seemed to fall apart, the tems would just continue to rise until I shut it down. Bit the bullet and installed a Scythe Shuriken low profile HS on the CPU and had an immediate effect but the case temps would still just keep rising (albeit a little slower), they never seemed to max out.

I was thinking of replacing the CPU/Motherboard with one of the 35w Core CPUs from Intel (at some expense). Upon reading this forum, I decided that before I would ditch it altogether I should try flipping the PSU. Initially I had it so that the PSU Fan was facing the CPU heatsink, but now the PSU fan is facing the outside edge of the case (there is about a 1cm gap).

Huge improvement, I guess it was competing with the air in the mid-section of the case and causing everything else to fail. Now the CPU maxes out at 62 degrees (the core temps about 48).

I have also got the chassis fan and cpu fans running on auto. Which has also weirdly improved the situation when compared to having the chassis fan running full on.

Has anyone else noticed any differences in temps with changes to the PSU orientation?

Cheers all.

I had a similar issue...water cooler fixed the problem.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1039715737&postcount=27

Hey guys, just want to know if you can use a 140mm cpu liquid cooler like the NZXT Kraken X40 or Corsair H90 on this case without hitting a long vga card like the single fan gtx660, 660ti or 670. If not, would it be possible to use a 140mm fan with both 120mm and 140mm mounting holes to mount the corsair H60 2013 on?

Here are the specs on my proposed build:

Procie: Intel Core i5 3570/ AMD FM2 A10 5800K BE
Mobo: Gigabyte H77N-Wifi/ Asrock FM2 A75M-ITX
PSU: Silverstone SF45ST 450W SFX 80+Bronze/ SF45ST-G 450W SFX 80+Gold
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 8GB 4GBx2Kit 1600 CL 9 with Jet Black Heatsink
SSD: 1x Crucial M4 128GB/250GB (included or optional depending on the client)
HDD: 1x WD Caviar Blue 500GB/1TB 7200 (included or optional depending on the client)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X40 or Corsair H90 if possible. I reckon 140mm fan would provide much needed airflow but I'm not too sure about the rad..originally planned on the Corsair H60 2013 but it's been hell trying to find a 140-120 fan adapter locally...
VGA: Palit GTX660 (or 660Ti, 670 single fan rear exhaust design; Brand preference again depends on the client as long as it's a rear exhaust type so as no to suck the heat off the HDD, which will be mounted at the rear part of the case away from the VGA's fan)
ODD: DVD or BD depending on the client

Is it also possible to use the Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED 140mm to mount the H60's rad on since it has 120mm holes as well as 140mm holes so that a fan adapter won't be necessary.

would really want some help regarding the CPU liquid cooler bit without having to mod the case.

Hey guys, just want to know if you can use a 140mm cpu liquid cooler like the NZXT Kraken X40 or Corsair H90 on this case without hitting a long vga card like the single fan gtx660, 660ti or 670. If not, would it be possible to use a 140mm fan with both 120mm and 140mm mounting holes to mount the corsair H60 2013 on?

snip

Is it also possible to use the Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED 140mm to mount the H60's rad on since it has 120mm holes as well as 140mm holes so that a fan adapter won't be necessary.

would really want some help regarding the CPU liquid cooler bit without having to mod the case.

I'm going to say yes, it'll work with 1 caveat. You may need to dremel some of the 5.25" bay. I don't know how far the rad extends from the 140mm mounting holes, nor do I know what rotation you would need to put it in, so there's the slight possibility that the gap from the "top" of the rad to the metal bottom of the 5.25" bay is not enough. (This is all with respect to the H90).

I would venture to say a 120mm rad would fit just fine. I'm pretty sure there are a couple people here running that setup.

Been debating between Q11 and FT03mini for a while now, and I think I've finally settled on Q11 since I'm a sucker for Lian Li's brushed aluminum finish on my existing cases.

Question:
Looking at pictures on the internet, there seems to be lots of variance in the front panel connector placement. The original CES pictures show the USB ports between the power button and mic/headphone jacks. Then it looks like the original 2010 production batches have the 2 USB3.0 ports really close together underneath the mic/headphone jacks.

Some newer pictures from people posting in 2012 seem to show the USB 3.0 jacks much wider apart. Was there any reason for that? Also, there seems to be some old/conflicting info in some of the reviews. Does this case come with internal USB 3.0 motherboard header plug? A lot of the pics shows it with the old school big usb plugs that you have to route out the back of the case ...

Thx

I'm going to say yes, it'll work with 1 caveat. You may need to dremel some of the 5.25" bay. I don't know how far the rad extends from the 140mm mounting holes, nor do I know what rotation you would need to put it in, so there's the slight possibility that the gap from the "top" of the rad to the metal bottom of the 5.25" bay is not enough. (This is all with respect to the H90).

I would venture to say a 120mm rad would fit just fine. I'm pretty sure there are a couple people here running that setup.

thanks for the hasty reply :) though since it's gonna be a client built i'd rather not do any modding on the case :) i guess i'll be going with the H60 route. my only problem is how to mount the rad without having to use a fan adapter nor doing some modding or DIY stuff.

Been debating between Q11 and FT03mini for a while now, and I think I've finally settled on Q11 since I'm a sucker for Lian Li's brushed aluminum finish on my existing cases.

Question:
Looking at pictures on the internet, there seems to be lots of variance in the front panel connector placement. The original CES pictures show the USB ports between the power button and mic/headphone jacks. Then it looks like the original 2010 production batches have the 2 USB3.0 ports really close together underneath the mic/headphone jacks.

Some newer pictures from people posting in 2012 seem to show the USB 3.0 jacks much wider apart. Was there any reason for that? Also, there seems to be some old/conflicting info in some of the reviews. Does this case come with internal USB 3.0 motherboard header plug? A lot of the pics shows it with the old school big usb plugs that you have to route out the back of the case ...

Thx

I've done a Silverstone Fortress FT03 Mini client build just around 3 weeks ago and the owner loved it. I myself own an FT03 mATX rig and was amazed how the mini looked sleeker on my desk lol.

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

everything was a tight fit especially where the modular cables are plugged-in the PSU and the Corsair H60's thick rubber tubes. An HDD was a no go but i think it is possible since linus from NCIX tech tips was able to squeeze one in but I sure couldn't. good thing the client didn't actually want any HDD in there and bought from me 2 SSDs instead.

my tabletop sucks btw so yea, since i just acquired my sister's room a few years back and did nothing to change the interior. hoping to have a decent manly tabletop soon since i'm sitting quite close to my led tv/monitor.

anyway back to lian li, since my next project is a PC-Q11 which i've been drooling on since way before i found out about the ft03 mini, i can do some comparison once a client accepts my rig proposal. just need to figure out how to liquid cool without having to mod.

the q11 is also way cheaper to build and would save you a a hefty $$ just on the chassis alone.

thanks for the hasty reply :) though since it's gonna be a client built i'd rather not do any modding on the case :) i guess i'll be going with the H60 route. my only problem is how to mount the rad without having to use a fan adapter nor doing some modding or DIY stuff.

I used a a Noctua NF-P14 FLX 140mm

Actually comes with 120mm holes and little adaptors for 140mm.

You can see it in my pic here.

I used a a Noctua NF-P14 FLX 140mm

Actually comes with 120mm holes and little adaptors for 140mm.

You can see it in my pic here.

thanks i'll take a look see if i can get on some :) i think it's already a legacy product since i can't actually find it on the site navigation but available when you click on a google link :p i don't have to do any DIY or slight modding right? wish there's a close up pic on how you mounted it :) oh and it it ok to mount it on an inverted position? since there will be a graphics card present

Last edited:
Just got the case...the only annoyance I have is the extremely bright LEDs at night. Is there a way to change them or lower the brightness?

I just didn't put the plug for LED on the board and hence I've got an all-quiet, all-dark PC. Bazinga.

For guys who use liquid cooling, considering that the fan has to be set as exhaust, and therefore not too much air incoming, would the case be a dust catcher?

Why would the fan need to be set to exhaust? There are plenty of builds using it to push the air through the radiator. You can argue its pushing warm air into your case, but it is also providing cooler air for the radiator.

I have been thinking about this. In my understanding, cooler air for radiator is only good for cpu cooling, while warm air in the case would raise temperature for almost all the other hardware, such as graphic card, hard driver, and motherboard.

Yes this is true, however if you pull the air in from the back of the case with the intention of of exhausting out the front you will be drawing in the hot air from the exhaust of the PSU and GPU which will just end up heating the case more.

Hrmmm.
Wonder if I could squeeze a HD5670 in this case...with an Accelero S1 rev.2
The length of the S1 alone is something like 210mm so when mounted on the GPU the length of the combo near the limit of this case..
I'll be upgrading my HTPC. Going from AM2+ mb and Athlon II x2 240 to Asrock B75M-ITX and G2120 :p
First it is going to the current case Lian Li A05NB but I have been planning to make the HTPC smaller, the reason why I chose a mITX board. Q11 seems perfect. Good price also, only 79.90€ in Germany..
So with Q11 I'd also need smaller cpu cooler. Doh.. I don't know yet whether I'll stick with the stock cooler (will try it and see how it is, then install the U12P of course for passive goodness. If it's decent then I'll stay with that, or grab the stock cooler I got with my 3770K OR buy a Noctua NH-L9i, sell the NF-A9x14 and slap my 92mm Gentle Typhoon undervolted on it. Don't know lol. Just sleepy random rambling here from Finland on my phone. It's almost 3AM.. Maybe I should sleep..

Hrmmm.
Wonder if I could squeeze a HD5670 in this case...with an Accelero S1 rev.2
The length of the S1 alone is something like 210mm so when mounted on the GPU the length of the combo near the limit of this case..
I'll be upgrading my HTPC. Going from AM2+ mb and Athlon II x2 240 to Asrock B75M-ITX and G2120 :p
First it is going to the current case Lian Li A05NB but I have been planning to make the HTPC smaller, the reason why I chose a mITX board. Q11 seems perfect. Good price also, only 79.90€ in Germany..
So with Q11 I'd also need smaller cpu cooler. Doh.. I don't know yet whether I'll stick with the stock cooler (will try it and see how it is, then install the U12P of course for passive goodness. If it's decent then I'll stay with that, or grab the stock cooler I got with my 3770K OR buy a Noctua NH-L9i, sell the NF-A9x14 and slap my 92mm Gentle Typhoon undervolted on it. Don't know lol. Just sleepy random rambling here from Finland on my phone. It's almost 3AM.. Maybe I should sleep..

Just my opinion,

1. I think the S1 will work fine. The S1 Rev 2 is 138(L) x 215(W) x 33(H) mm and the Q11 is W) 200mm x (H) 326mm x (D) 260mm. The S1 is 215mm in length and will fit in the Q11's max of 240mm for the video card. It should fit the other ways as well.
2. You could use a pico-psu instead of a regular psu to have room for a taller cooler if noise is a concern. The video card, CPU and rest of your components (even if you had a few drives) should pull less than 150W. If not, your call on the cooler. The stock i7 cooler works well on lower end CPUs because it uses a copper core compared an aluminum one.

Thanks for replying :)

And yeah I figured it would fit but I'm just natural at pondering and wondering and thinking lol.
And of course, I've thought about using a PicoPSU but have always thought them a bit expensive niche. Without having a big arse ATX psu I then could continue using the NH-U12P? Of course I would need to rotate it 90* because of gpu/cpu locations but anyway.
mini-itx.com store sells 160-XT + 192w brick + molex to 2x sata, with shipping to Finland for a little under 148£ which is freaking outrageous (170-180€)
For that price I could almost order Lian Li PSU extender + Super Flower Golden King Platinum 550w + NH-L9i..
Of course I could then order from US, mini-box sells the presumably same kit for 75.95 (excluding the molex to 2x sata) and shipping 40,51$ which totals 116USD ~ 89€ ~ 110-120€ after import+taxes.
From logicsupply eu the same two parts for 123€ including shipping. So 120ish is something I COULD live with.

E: Thought about it more and the more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to ditch the Seasonic S12II and go with a picoPSU.
And anyway, only God knows how hot that S12II would run inside this case, since it's already running warmish inside the current A05NB case. Watching TV on WMC for a few hours or MPC-HC+madVR some movies/TV show and the PSU keeps getting louder and louder. Not like annoyingly loud, but I can hear it during silent scenes and such and it's very noticeable.
Without the big ATX psu I can keep my U12P.. Then I wondered about exhausting the warm air. Normally the PSU would do it. So maybe I could grab a piece of plexi, cut it to size so it mounts to the PSU hole and then make a 80mm fan hole on it. But instead of using 80mm fan as exhaust, I could put a 80->120 adapter on it and use the Slipstream 800rpm that would be left over from the current build, of course down volted to ~5-6V.
So what do you guys think?
Get this Q11 and a picoPSU 160-XT along with a power brick, keep my U12P and make an adapter for the 120mm fan to the rear of the case for exhausting hot air? For front fan I'm thinking Akasa Apache (140mm 600-1300rpm PWM). I already ordered that Apache, along with a pack of Enzotech MOS-C1's that I would put on the VRM area of the B75M-ITX. Figured that I would be able to test the Apache on my own rig first, and if I like it I'll ditch the X-Silent 140 and order another one for the Q11..
I would so much like to order the Q11 and all the different parts now already but this month (May really) all my extra is going to the mb, cpu and ram.
Hopefully next month (June) I'll be able to order this :)

Last edited:
Thanks for replying :)

And yeah I figured it would fit but I'm just natural at pondering and wondering and thinking lol.
And of course, I've thought about using a PicoPSU but have always thought them a bit expensive niche. Without having a big arse ATX psu I then could continue using the NH-U12P? Of course I would need to rotate it 90* because of gpu/cpu locations but anyway.
mini-itx.com store sells 160-XT + 192w brick + molex to 2x sata, with shipping to Finland for a little under 148£ which is freaking outrageous (170-180€)
For that price I could almost order Lian Li PSU extender + Super Flower Golden King Platinum 550w + NH-L9i..
Of course I could then order from US, mini-box sells the presumably same kit for 75.95 (excluding the molex to 2x sata) and shipping 40,51$ which totals 116USD ~ 89€ ~ 110-120€ after import+taxes.
From logicsupply eu the same two parts for 123€ including shipping. So 120ish is something I COULD live with.

Yep, it is expensive, but I just tossed it out there as an option if you wanted to use a tower heatsink. My thought was that you wanted to use the S1 on the GPU so you wanted to go for maximum silence.

If it was me, I would:

1. Use a regular PSU that doesn't cost too much but is quality (like 360W seasonic Gold)
2. Use the i7 stock cooler since it provides good cooling for lower end chips without much noise and you already have it.
3. Not use the S1 unless you already own it or you can buy it fairly cheaply. I'd invest into a newer card if you need the extra gaming power. The S1 is $40 here. You could invest into a cheaper passive card for around that price or a radeon 7750 for like $50 more if you need the power.

I already own the S1 rev2 as I own the HD5670 already. And this is an HTPC build so no gaming. Otherwise I'd use the iGPU but I need some extra grunt for madVR.
Also I updated my previous post with some more rambling. I think I'm going to go with the picoPSU..
Stupid question incoming.. :D
Can I use Win7 sleep if I have a picoPSU?

Procie: Intel Core i5 3570/ AMD FM2 A10 5800K BE
Mobo: Gigabyte H77N-Wifi/ Asrock FM2 A75M-ITX
PSU: Silverstone SF45ST 450W SFX 80+Bronze/ SF45ST-G 450W SFX 80+Gold
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 8GB 4GBx2Kit 1600 CL 9 with Jet Black Heatsink
SSD: 1x Crucial M4 128GB/250GB (included or optional depending on the client)
HDD: 1x WD Caviar Blue 500GB/1TB 7200 (included or optional depending on the client)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X40 or Corsair H90 if possible. I reckon 140mm fan would provide much needed airflow but I'm not too sure about the rad..originally planned on the Corsair H60 2013 but it's been hell trying to find a 140-120 fan adapter locally...
VGA: Palit GTX660 (or 660Ti, 670 single fan rear exhaust design; Brand preference again depends on the client as long as it's a rear exhaust type so as no to suck the heat off the HDD, which will be mounted at the rear part of the case away from the VGA's fan)
ODD: DVD or BD depending on the client

Hi, I am thinking of exactly the same build, including 3570, 660ti and h60 cooling. Have u tested the build yet? I am really concerned about the temp, especially for the mid gaming vga?

Last edited:
Hi, I am thinking of exactly the same build, including 3570, 660ti and h60 cooling. Have u tested the build yet? I am really concerned about the temp, especially for the mid gaming vga?

hello, still gathering parts so assembly is a no go yet.

already have the ff:

gigabyte z77n-wifi (just a few bucks different from the h77n-wifi)
corsair h60
corsair vengeance LP 8gb 4gbx2 kit 1600 CL9 with jet black heatspreader
bitfenix spectre pro led 140mm (red)

pending:
silverstone sf45st-g (but waiting if i can get the bronze one as it is relatively cheaper)
the lowest i5 procie
evga gtx650ti boost reference design (was surprised to see this one on evga)

trying to reduce the overall cost of the build as much as possible since it will be put up for sale and sadly people on my area are stingy as hell.

I have the Gigabyte z77n-wifi board and the only disappointment so far is the inability to Wake-On-Lan as indicated n the specs. I have not tried to overclock

GA-Z77N-WiFi
Core I7-3770S
Corsair 16GB DDR3
Asus GTX670 mini -- This card was made for this case :)
2 x Samsung SSD 830's = Raid 0 :)

Last edited:
Hi guys, i love this case, and i want to buy it in White, but i can't find it.

Anyone know where I could find it in europe? In white obv.

Thank you guys.

Hi guys,
this is my first post.
I'm a Italian boy with a very bad english :D
I have a Q11, black. I5 3570 on Asrock H77M-ITX. GTX 460, sold, i'm waiting gtx 660 msi twin frozr.

I have a modify to improve the temp in Q11 (above all if you have a discret VGA card), It's very simple and very usefull, but the problem called "dust" will be worsen.

I turned the front fan, the air is not pull in the Q11, but the air is suctioned out.
The case in this mode, work in depression.

The temp of VGA (gtx460) and HD has improved! :)

Hi to all
The housings me very interested but I have wanted to know that they are the gpu that are compliant to the new gpu from Nvidia and Amd.

The gtx 760, 770, 7870, 7950, 7970, r9 270x, 280x r9 are they consistent?

thank you

Sadly, it looks like love for Q11 died down... There are some nice builds here though...
I think I got to the point of going slightly bigger, and for that I am eying Rosewill Legacy U3...
Oh well.

Back