New Lian Li case

lord_tris

[H]ard|Gawd
Has anyone seen this ugly thing LIan li calls a case LIAN LI PC-U6B
http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/produc...ex=573&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=62&g=f
Also for 269.99 plus 24.99 shipping for a MATX case wow..... did the bigger version of it sell enough for them to come up with the idea to make it smaller?
IMO this thing is waaaaaaaay over priced and ugly to boot.

LL-PC-U6B.jpg

If you could fit a 13" graphics card I'm sold =) Wasn't expecting a snail case =)

I think that's quite possibly one of the coolest cases I've ever seen. If it was under $200 I'd use it in my matx build.

waaay overpriced. Also, I believe this is a revamped version of the conkshell case they used to offer.

There is a fine line between beautiful and ugly, I find this case beautiful but a bit expensive.

I would own one if it wasn't so expensive.

Not my style but I wouldn't mind having one. The price is a bit high but that's par for the course among Lian-Li cases.

Vortez did a great review of the case and it actually looks quite intriguing. I quite like it as a matter of fact. The craftsmanship behind the case is a sight to behold and I'm not entirely surprised by the price, I'd imagine it's not cheap manufacturing something like that.

looks like my air filter :)

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Long-Life-QuietCare-Purifier-17000/dp/B000050AQ5/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1308348083&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com: Honeywell Long-Life Pure HEPA QuietCare Air Purifier, 17000: Home & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41QD1HKC2SL.@@AMEPARAM@@41QD1HKC2SL[/ame]

I like it, just wish it didn't cost so much. It is something unique, not just another (pick your color) cube.

That case is a smaller version of the PC-777 that came out in 2007? I believe...

lianlicvr.jpg

Yea i think it was an anniversary edition case. There is one currently for sale here.

I guess its one of those love/hate cases. Only snail looking thing I like belongs on a vehicle and makes lots of power called a turbo. :)

also on a side note the snail shapes on the side look about the same size. wonder if they just used over stock for the new case?

Very unique. I'm not a big fan but kudos to who designed it, must have been tough to get it through to manufacturing.

LianLi creates "special edition" cases. Two of the "snail" ones have been posted here. There's also one that looks like the Burj Al Arab (Burj Dubai) hotel. They're usually unique looking and well made. They may not be the best for a high powered system needing lots of liquid cooling, but they're art pieces more than anything.

i thought the original design, the one shawnoen (777) linked to was a representation of those music symbols - treble clef / bass clef.

i agree with most, curves in a pc case don't make sense to me. almost all components in a pc are based on right angles (exceptions being fans, buttons, capacitors etc). unless pcs manufacturers start making parts in the shape for crescents or spheres and HD in the shape of cylinders, just seems like a waste of space to me.

I don't like the case - but don't really get the 'it looks like an airfilter" issue. Most cases look like a box - which is even less stylish then an airfilter. Hell a P183 looks EXACTLY like a fridge. I can totall imagine people opening the case and being surprised its a computer haha.

Lian Li is a funny company because on the one hand they like to make classy cases but on the other hand they a kind of asian 'ricer' mentality that's itching to get out.. And I don't mean that as an insult. I don't have any issue with the tricked out small compact car scene - I totally get it. It seems like a lot of fun.

Back