New Lian Li case TYR PC-X500

I like the desk space savings this case provides, I just don't get what exactly it is that makes this a $370 case. $150-$170 I'd consider, but $370 is just way to far out there to be a realistic price, at least from where I am looking (and considering that I don't mind paying for expensive cases that are worth it, i.e. Silverstone TJ07).

what cable management??:)
ozx500d.jpg

1) Front panel wires for HD Audio too short to reach mobo pins, even takiing most direct path instead of trying to stealth it.

had no problem with this..the cable is enough to reach the mobo audio headers

2) Reset button very difficult to press with using a pen or some thin object
not for me..maybe i have a small finger..:)

3) Basically impossible to fasten CD-ROm drive with screws provided, unless I'm completely missing on how the cage comes out (don't think it does)
you just need to remove the front panel and hdd cage first and use a short screw, its not that hard though
it took me less than 2mins to fasten my ODD

4) Sides are flimsy, and despite spending along of time getting cables clean and neat behind the mobo, they still bow the aluminum side when you put it bad on.
not for me..:)

^ Damn nice. Myabe this could make me reconsider! Are all your cables + power cables behind the mobo tray?

ozx500d.jpg

Could I ask what you have in there? For example, what type of cable sleeving is it and where did you buy it. Also, what is the little display on the top right?

Also, did you power supply fit, or did you use an extender? Thanks.

lowtech...yep..all the cables are behind the mobo tray..

wethan, cable sleeves are from techflex, the 3.5 lcd(temp and fan speed) display is a lian li TR3B..i didnt use my lian li PSU extension bracket...i just put a motherboard standoffs as a spacer..

DSC_2195.jpg

Don't like how you had to sacrifice 2 HD bays though; might look into the X2000 (even though it's a bejezuz 500 bucks) just because of that. Any pics of the mobo side exposed :D?

lowtechkh..yes i do have photos....you dont wanna see this....its UGLY!..hehehe

DSC_2158.jpg

wow I want this for my next build. Probably stick with my a05b for a while though.

such a sweet case. I'm still wishing I would have ordered that instead of the v1010, but I have a feeling i'll like the v1010 a bit more... if not, I'll sell it and go that route, but damn it is expensive.

I knew this was an amazing case, it just takes the right person and some work to make it beautiful like yours.

There's no doubt that the airflow must be amazing for the CPU, but how about your video cards? If you could post some temperatures, along with what speed fans you're using, I would really appreciate it. I'm 95% certain I'll be getting this case for my next build. :)

Well for me I think having the drive bays on the side is great. Easier access to them when the case is beside you plus you can put your displays there and your able to read them much better then having to lean towards the case to see the lcd clearly. I will be buying this for sure.

raxxath, my idle temp (close case) is around 47~53 for the gpu...with load is around 65~70C
its really hot though, maybe i should use a much stonger fan....btw im only using Noctua fans for the front intake and rear exhaust, it only runs at 1,300rpm max...
the airflow is really effective.. because i can really feel the
air coming out from behind

have a future plans to watercool the 280gtx anyway...

Dam..2red...sweet work on that case.
Which series are those Video cards 260's or 280's GTX's ?

dang, those pics are making me regret my v1010 purchase (should be here tomorrow)
I really LOVE the X500, but it was just pricey... but I see why. Maybe I'll offload the v1010 in a month or two...

Looks awesome. I bought my 1st Lian Li for my last build and frankly was blown away by the quality, features and sexiness of it. PC-B20. Can't see why this one would be any different.

I guess they just slap there name on it and sell it . (After they pay for the rights to). But the price its way out of my range. I was looking at the x500 model myself. But I got a bad feeling now its out of my range also.

I thought the x500 was expensive but the ABS version tops the charts.

I don´t see a point in getting the X2000 unless u want more than 2 hard drives?

The X2000 is perfect. I went down 10 degree's all across the board just by swapping cases. If I knew how to hide wires effectively I could probably have a real clean case. As it is I love it. I just need to learn to hide wires. Putting the hard drives in is just awesome and it is really how it should be done going forward by every manufacturer. Every time I've spent money on a case I've been slightly disappointed. The only other case I can say I was not disappointed about was the CM AC110. The X2000 does not disappoint at all. Money well spent if you ask me. Plus it just looks sweet.

Man I'm still waitning for an International e-tailor to sell the X2000.....And why would anyone buy the ABS version?

400$!?!?!?! for the x500.. shit, that sucks. looks like ill be keeping my a05b for while ~_~

i was really looking forward to this case, but at this price its just not worth it to me, i was thinking more like 170-200$

costs around 332$ here in Taiwan, but then again, shipping costs money.

Lian lis don't window it up, why do people keep asking? If you want one then cut it or get a place like performance pcs to do it. Geez, been complained about so many times already; LL not a rice box.

Lian lis don't window it up, why do people keep asking? If you want one then cut it or get a place like performance pcs to do it. Geez, been complained about so many times already; LL not a rice box.

What are you talking about? Even the new V1000Z has a window.
This is still a newly released case so maybe few months down the road they will make a windowed version or just sell the side panel with a window.

Then wait :rolleyes:. No one's stopping you, and I could carebear less if you shipped it to PPC to have them stick a window to it or do one yourself.

Back