New Lian Li case TYR PC-X500

side out drives =</3

other wise i love how clean the front looks,

i just wish they would make a case that you can back mount a 2x120 rad to the inside. you can almost do that with the front, if it wasnt for the wierd spaceing on the front fans. and its hard to tell right now how much clearence there will be between the PCI-e and the front fans.. if they would give us 4 more inches, then it would be cake to front mount a 2x120. i like my gear to be housed inside the case, and while it dose have hose outlets, they are really more of a pain.

I like the PC-7010, PC-A77 and PC-V2110.

Not sure what to think of the side 5.25 bays. It is slick looking though.

Not sure what to think of the side 5.25 bays. It is slick looking though.

I agree. I think it has a great design and look but I'm not sure about the external drive openings....seems a little awkward given the rest of the case.

That's rather different... looks great.

As far the side case openings, they should try redesigning their bay covers (the ones you put over the optical drives), then it would look pretty slick.

I like it. I think it would actually be easier to load shit into the side than the front. Atleast it would be for my setup, anyway.

There is absolutely no excuse for having two fans in the front instead of three.

For those of you that find the side-opening opticals would be a good thing, that's great, but I can't see any good in it. First of all, the case is /tall/ and the opticals are at the top, so if it's on the desk the user would probably have to stand just to exchange discs, unless they're built like Stretch Armstrong or Mr. Fantastic. Second, with it being so tall it is much more likely to be on the floor; the side-opening opticals dictate which side of the desk the case can realistically be on, so it won't work in all setups, and I don't think the side the drives open on can be changed.

Who at Lian-Li thought this was a good idea? I would've thought they'd listen to all the backlash after they showed the prototype at Computex or wherever it was -- almost no one had anything good to say then.

Wow. I searched for "best looking case" because I need to build a new system and I'm wondering about replacing my Wave Master. This is a contender for sure.... love the side drives!

I wonder it's really meant for water cooling or just pure air cooing ..

since the fan distance of the front intake is kind of apart ...

I like the design a lot...more reasonable than the X2000.
Where'd you find this? It isnt listed on their website

It looks cool, but the side drive openings are a bad design choice IMO. There should also be more drive bays considering the size of the thing. It's a pretty impractical case.

There is absolutely no excuse for having two fans in the front instead of three.

For those of you that find the side-opening opticals would be a good thing, that's great, but I can't see any good in it. First of all, the case is /tall/ and the opticals are at the top, so if it's on the desk the user would probably have to stand just to exchange discs, unless they're built like Stretch Armstrong or Mr. Fantastic. Second, with it being so tall it is much more likely to be on the floor; the side-opening opticals dictate which side of the desk the case can realistically be on, so it won't work in all setups, and I don't think the side the drives open on can be changed.

Who at Lian-Li thought this was a good idea? I would've thought they'd listen to all the backlash after they showed the prototype at Computex or wherever it was -- almost no one had anything good to say then.

I agree with you mostly as per the drive bays being on the top.. But if you looked at the website, and all the other cases they have with "side optical bays" they have it so you can place them on either the left or right side. so yes, it does almost dictate which side of the desk you put the case on but you have optiosn.

You do have a point, but this case, like the majority of full towers (or tall towers in this case), are not intended to be placed on a desk. Its just like SFFs, they are not meant to be placed on the floor.

As for the direction of the case, just one above said, you can choose which sides you want your optical drive to pop-out from.

IMO, I think the side optical drive idea is a great idea. However there will be instances where this case wont work for some people, like those who have their cases in an enclosed area of their desk where the case is blocked from both sides.

I like it. I would place it to the right of me. At lan parties I would place it behind my monitor. From the pics on the website it looks like you can have the drives open from the left or right side panel, it would of been really cool if they also made the drives open normally from the traditional front of the case.

Send me one in silver please, k thanks.

This case is only Nine inches taller then v350 so its not that tall. it could be put on top of the desk. I loved the way the drives are placed on my v300, the only problem I had with it was my speakers sometimes got in the way of the drives opening, and I wished the case was a bit taller to clear them.

So ah any idea when this will come out? This is my dream case, it will fit under my desk so nice.

The Optical Bays has door on the boath sides. You can place it on your desire side of the table.

I like this case. There could be problem with cables between the HDD cages and PSU.
The bigger TYR 2000 has planty of room inside, but is too big for me.

What I wish the most. Is the silver version of this case.
So Now I must say. I will convert back from Silverstone to LianLi
(sory my bad English)

Any ideas when this is going to be available in the US?
I'm about to build a new system and would get this one instead of the PC-B25B

So ah anyone seen this case yet in a store? I just as soon get this case then a new video card thats going to be old news in three months ;)

well...although somebody had a great idea with the internal layout with seperating and putting dual fans directly on the videocards seperating the psu/hdds etc... im not to fond about the overall looks... the design they have created is awsome but the aesthetics didnt come out to good whats a case without a side window to show off? :p and i dont like the 5.25 inch bays on the side thats just....odd but thats strictly my opinion so...;)

I would consider this case if the optical drive bays were in the front rather than on the side. The way my computer is setup the bays being on the side would be very inconvenient.

well.. whats a case without a side window to show off? :p and i dont like the 5.25 inch bays on the side thats just....odd but thats strictly my opinion so...;)

Well windows on cases are kind of like a wife, after a while you don’t want to see the insides everyday. Its just that this case is 230 x 380 x 585 mm ( W, D, H) (15” depth). No more hitting my chair on the case. It would just set so sweet under my desk. Out of sight and out of mind.. like a wife should be. Guess we got to wait for the slow boat its on to get to us now :p

I'm not sure how the side-optical thing will work, but I don't personally use my optical drives much at all. Price and practicality be damned. This case is gorgeous.

It is a damned good looking case, but I just don't care for the sideways drive bays.

I would buy this, but I am liking the hot swappable hard drives of the X2000

I would buy this, but I am liking the hot swappable hard drives of the X2000

Out of the two the X2000 is the one I'd have to go for. I'm not going to be able to fit everything else I've got into the other one I don't think. Though the more I see of the X2000 the more I like it. I'm not sure how the SATA backplane will work with my LSI MegaRAID. I need to see the other side of the backplane.

Back