New Lian Li case TYR PC-X500

Hi
I got some questions about this case:
how many hard disk can be installed? IfI have three or four, do I ? Is there any fans for front hard drives?
can you install Corsair 1000w psu and I can keep my 4 hard drives ?
that it is the length of cables should I add extra cables ?

thanks

It can hold max of 4 HDD. No fans in front of HDD but b/c of the designed airflow, they should stay cool. With Corsair 1000W, you need to get an PSU extender to use the bottom 2 HDDs. Otherwise the cable would interfere with them. If you have 5970 GPU, you will have to remove the bottom fan to make it fit. However, you can mount that fan in front and it will be hidden by the front bezel.

My new PC

Processor : Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.8GHz
Motherboard : EVGA X58 3X SLI Classified
Memory : Corsair 6Go Dominator GT
Graphics Card : 2 x EVGA GTX 480 Superclocked in SLI
Power supply : Corsair CMPSU-1000HX
CPU Cooler : Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Hard Drive : 2 x Western digital Vélociraptor 300Go in Raid 0
5.25 Bezel : Lian Li C-02B
Fan Control : Lian Li TR-5B
Power Supply Bracket : Lian Li PE-01B

Pictures

Last edited:
Very nice, I have almost all same components. Different fan controller. I like how it all fits.I have 4 hard drives and one SSD. I assume I could make it fit in there somewhere though. hmmmmm....might be a good one to replace my PC-V1000B!

What did you use to extend the power supply out?

Forgot how lovely this chassis is. How do you like the fan controller? I read lots of mixed opinions on it.

Hi, i still have this case, use to have a antec neo550 PSU which only had a external 80mm fan. I now have a new corsair ax-850 on the way with a 120mm internal fan. Which way are all you people installing your Psu's, with the fan facing up or the fan facing down? I figure facing down will suck all the hot air from the CPU and possible imbalance cooling performance?

thanks.

My new PC

Processor : Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.8GHz
Motherboard : EVGA X58 3X SLI Classified
Memory : Corsair 6Go Dominator GT
Graphics Card : 2 x EVGA GTX 480 Superclocked in SLI
Power supply : Corsair CMPSU-1000HX
CPU Cooler : Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Hard Drive : 2 x Western digital Vélociraptor 300Go in Raid 0
5.25 Bezel : Lian Li C-02B
Fan Control : Lian Li TR-5B
Power Supply Bracket : Lian Li PE-01B

Pictures

Very nice setup. Similar to mine minus the 960. For me I have 2 SSD's so I stuck them both in the 2.5 bay. This way I can push my HX1000 almost all the way in. It only sticks out by 1/4 of an inch which is not too bad.

Just out of curiousity, has anyone installed any 140mm fans in the 120mm places?
I have seen some scythe fans that are 140mm but have 120mm holes and am wondering if they will fit in?

Lian Li is updating this case with a much improved version....

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/produc...ex=562&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=62&g=f

51b.jpg

51c.jpg

I have seen that, it looks wicked, although i have gone a little crazy lately and my wife would kill me if that arrived! Just need to know if 140mm fans will fit, i looked through the forum and saw someone using them in this case so i have ordered 2. Dont think they will fit at the back but the front shound be ok.

Does anyone know if the original Lian Li Tyr PC-X500 can take an ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCu II. In Lian Li's web page they say the craphics card can be up to 300mm long and depending on the source the ASUS card is close to 300mm. On the other hand on Lian Li's web page there is also this picture: http://lian-li.com/v2/tw/product/upload/image/X500/x500d05.jpg which says 275mm space for graphics card. Hmmmm.

Any thoughts?

Does anyone know if the original Lian Li Tyr PC-X500 can take an ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCu II. In Lian Li's web page they say the craphics card can be up to 300mm long and depending on the source the ASUS card is close to 300mm. On the other hand on Lian Li's web page there is also this picture: http://lian-li.com/v2/tw/product/upload/image/X500/x500d05.jpg which says 275mm space for graphics card. Hmmmm.

Any thoughts?

Answering myself, I think it won't with, at least with the case fan in place. Going for a different card then...

I have managed to install 140mm fans in the 120mm fan spacing with no problems and it has enhanced my cooling also. Just for your info fellow users.

Wow- that new version looks amazing! Where is the knob for the fan controller located? I can't see it on the site's photos.

Does this case still have a big following? I got it when it first came out.
Looking to downsize and figured this would be the best place to look :D

Sorry to resurrect such a old post...... I still have this case, is it possible to swap out the usb 2 headers on the case for usb 3 ones? Lian li use to have a compatible replacement but it's not on sale any more, are they all standard fit does anyone know?

Sorry to massively bump this but I can't post in the sales forum section yet. I'd love to buy the original PC-X500B (top PSU) from anyone that has it. I just discovered the case and fell in love with the look of it because it has a IBM mainframe vibe and I'm going to go to engineering (mechatronics) school soon! I've seriously searched the entire internet for it. It just feels like the perfect case for me. I'd love to grab the case while it's still a possibility!

Sorry to massively bump this but I can't post in the sales forum section yet. I'd love to buy the original PC-X500B (top PSU) from anyone that has it. I just discovered the case and fell in love with the look of it because it has a IBM mainframe vibe and I'm going to go to engineering (mechatronics) school soon! I've seriously searched the entire internet for it. It just feels like the perfect case for me. I'd love to grab the case while it's still a possibility!

I still have this case and love it but am debating selling it as I need something smaller! I Live in the uk so uk shipping shouldn't be too bad but cannot post anywhere else. I still have the original box and the case is in in modified and in excellent condition. There have been a few for sale now and again and they sell for between £80-120 on eBay depending if modded or condition etc.

Back