Limp Gawd
Was poking around LL's site and I spotted this case: The A03
Similar In size to the A05

Model PC-A03
Case Type Mini Tower
Dimensions 188mm x 368mm x447mm (W,H,D)

Model PC-A05A / PC-A05B
Case Type Mini Tower
Dimensions 210mm x 381mm x 490mm (W,H,D)

It's shorter, and slimmer in all directions. Plus with the psu exhausting out the top rear it should help with the GPU heat build up in the a05. Additional features include tool-less 5.25 inch bays So far the only thing I'm not really digging is the 92mm fan on the back.

pca0301hj1.jpg

pca0306wx7.jpg

pca0304wo0.jpg

i dont like the front grill either... and thats a 80mm fan at the back, its only matx yet its dam near the same size as a a05 (bit shorter in depth)

wasted space above the hdds.. why not add 2 more hdd slots and give consumers more space for storage.

and where is the reset button? ~_~

It's shorter, and slimmer in all directions. Plus with the psu exhausting out the top rear it should help with the GPU heat build up in the a05.

As it should be, you're comparing a mATX case to an ATX case. Pretty standard layout and ugly grill. :(

i dont like the front grill either... and thats a 80mm fan at the back, its only matx yet its dam near the same size as a a05 (bit shorter in depth)

wasted space above the hdds.. why not add 2 more hdd slots and give consumers more space for storage.

and where is the reset button? ~_~

It's def not 80mm.

This case is actually perfect for a mATX build.

1. great size for just about anything.

2. Great standard options

3. Even better options for modding.

And i'm not to fond of the front grill, but that could be changed.

I don't like the decision for the exhaust fan(ie. size)

They could have added at least one more spot for a hdd.

And as for the reset button i haven't used that in... forever so that really isn't a down side.

Oh and it looks like you can add another fan in the front for intake, not sure what size though.

Looks like a great mATX modders case, but I wouldn't want to have it plain.

Then again, that's how I feel about most of their cases

sometimes lian-li baffles me, why not just put a 120mm fan in the back like they always do?

As pointed out, it's hard to compare this to the A05, which is full ATX...

You could compare this to another high quality mATX case, like the P180 Mini though..

I like it, I even like the grill. It's a little gaudy yes, but it still fits with the subtleties of the lian-li design. Now if only they made a full-tower.

That grill is complete fail. Utter garbage. The non-centered 3.5" external bay is fugly. However, the insides are set up nicely.

I am extremely tempted to purchase this from newegg now!

I just don't think i can do it right now.

But i would show you guys what this case should really look like.

front grill not good, it will make tremble noises, annoying as hell.
I had to fold paper and stuff it between the grill and front panel to stop it.

dude these things can be fixed very easily, and its not that bad, your just saying it is cause everyone else is.

dude these things can be fixed very easily, and its not that bad, your just saying it is cause everyone else is.

not many people are out to mod the cases they spend top dollar on... I did some minor tweaking inside of mine to facilitate wiring, but doing that on a 250$ case is hard...

not many people are out to mod the cases they spend top dollar on... I did some minor tweaking inside of mine to facilitate wiring, but doing that on a 250$ case is hard...

if this case costs $250 you shouldn't be buying it. PC-A05 costs $100~.

It looks like a really solid case with much potential. 92mm = epic fail and is the main reason why this case wont sell well :p

Then we would have people complaining that long graphics cards don't fit in it. :rolleyes:

yes this case sucks because of the 90mm fan and the fugly grill and the amount of harddrives and the offest floppy placement and no reset button and it wont give you a bj and and it wont tell you that you are perfect and you are amazing and awesome.

whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine.

come on guys its getting tiring hearing negativity everywhere, i come here to find peace so if you dont have any "nice comments" please stop talking its driving me crazy.

Little kids in africa like some of you that have children are DIEING because they are not getting fed and dont have clean water.

Just 1,000$ can send a pump filter to africa for villages to pump CCCCLLLEEAAANN water from their wells.

And here we are spending 1.500 to 15,000 dollars on things that will need to be replaced in couple of years.

Im not saying stop buying computers but we as a country need to stop be so consumer based and me me me me minded its time to break this hold they have on us.

Sorry but i had to get that out.

I wish they would just take the old PC-7B Plus 2 and put in the same HDD cage as this with the rubber grommets and easily removable HDD's. 120mm fans front and rear too. Is that too much to ask?

Not really a full tower, but they do have an ATX case with this design, and it looks much better than the mATX version...

PC-7FW
[IM]http://lian-li.com/v2/tw/product/upload/image/7F/7fd03.jpg[/IMG]

I would totally hit that.

Interesting, is HDD bay rotatable :confused: Otherwise there would be pretty s@#$t cooling for hard drives :(

But it is veeery nice case :cool:

I don't like the front and there goes fitting our larger cards. Nice addition for some. Hope it's not a replacement though.

Looks like the psu and gfx card would be working against each other air flow wise.

I would prefer the case to be as wide (210mm) as the PC-A05 and get rid of the front grill.

Back