New LG W2600HP 26" S-IPS

looks good, hope LG throws more S-IPS out or atleast some more P-MVA.

Looks really nice. Not loving the big bezel, but it does look pretty nice.

Love the IPS and the bigger than 24 inch size but I think I'll be keeping my L246WPs.

One has stock near me, about a 30 min drive....rather go to the one at the bottom of my hill tho lol

Holy crap... is that the cheapest 1920x1200 IPS panel ever? And 26 inches with 115% color gamut to boot?

That Best Buy one may not be IPS. Looks like it's taking the place of their LG246WP model that was recently discontinued. Also, the original post's screen has HDMI, whereas this one has DVI. I'd be surprised (pleasantly) if this Best Buy model is IPS.

That Best Buy one may not be IPS. Looks like it's taking the place of their LG246WP model that was recently discontinued. Also, the original post's screen has HDMI, whereas this one has DVI. I'd be surprised (pleasantly) if this Best Buy model is IPS.

No, they both have DVI. Look at the German website again. Also, both of them have a 5ms response time and a 5000:1 contrast ratio. I'm thinking they are definitely the same.

I did some seraches on this screen and all I find says viewing angle is 160-170 degrees, which is code for TN panel. You know if it is too good to be true...

Even the doublesight is not verified definitely to be a S-IPS, I only give it a 50/50 shot, I say there is almost zero chance this LG is S-IPS.

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm...d_name&startnum=1&letter=ALL&pat_P285=21,1000

LG is notorious for actually claiming S-IPS in one place, TN in another. Or changing from S-IPS to TN and keeping the same product name. I would not buy this monitor without seeing one first to verify it's screen type.

I did some seraches on this screen and all I find says viewing angle is 160-170 degrees, which is code for TN panel. You know if it is too good to be true...

Even the doublesight is not verified definitely to be a S-IPS, I only give it a 50/50 shot, I say there is almost zero chance this LG is S-IPS.

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm...d_name&startnum=1&letter=ALL&pat_P285=21,1000

This is correct, the 26" LG at Best Buy is not S-IPS.

But having used the DS now, I'd say I'm well over 50% sure that it's IPS. Not 100%, but multiple outlets have listed it as using the Phillips panel. . . . not sure how to 100% confirm it other than taking it apart, which I don't intend to do.

LG also had several different LG 2000C panels. The IPS ones never made it to North America.

DS I will trust when they get around to listing it on their sight they seem to be forthcoming and accurate about which panel they use. Still I am not looking for 26" or wide gamut panel. It would be cool if DS built one with the 24" normal gamut IPS panel that is in the NEC 2490, but I just may bite the bullet and get the NEC.

The LG W2600HP is 100% IPS as, I've known this since october, prad.de had the specification for the 26" and 30" both confirmed as IPS. I think best buy have got it wrong, the price should be around the $1000 mark.

The LG W2600HP is 100% IPS as, I've known this since october, prad.de had the specification for the 26" and 30" both confirmed as IPS. I think best buy have got it wrong, the price should be around the $1000 mark.

If that's the case, they've also got the brightness and viewing angles wrong as well.

Kleox where are you. You may not be aware but LG 2000C was IPS in Europe and TN in North America. This may be a repeat.

Kleox where are you. You may not be aware but LG 2000C was IPS in Europe and TN in North America. This may be a repeat.

I'm in the UK, the german site specificaly says S-IPS. I was not aware of differences between US and european models?

Wow, I didn't hear about that one, but I've never considered 20" inchers anymore, I'm at the stage where I'm only looking at 24+ But I tell you what, if they pulled that BS and it was advertised on their US site as an IPS they'd be getting a nice little lawsuit :-p

so is the best buy one an IPS, is so i will be buying this tommorow.

Well the BB that's very close to where I live now shows stock...so i'll at least go and check it out and see if they have a display or if I can look at a box and see if there are any specs listed to see if they match with what they have listed online.

$600 with a 12% coupon they have going this weekend...be a crazy deal if it's S-IPS

the 2 BB stores in Manhattan (NY) don't show any stock...the Queens, NY stores aren't showing stock either, and good luck calling up and getting a straight answer...i swear whomever answers the phones at these stores must like screwing around with people, it can't be that hard to check what's in the store...

so we don't know if this LG at BB is an IPS panel for sure yet, correct?

May?
This spec sheet from the Canadian LG site has some Terrible News: http://ca.lge.com/en/products/model/detail/lcdmonitors_w2600hpf.jhtml#

Twisted Notification: VIEWING ANGLE :170/160

TN. Tough News day. Sorry, Canada, no H-IPS for you. You want the purty colours, eh, shop in Europe.:(

brightness and viewing angles are different. In any case the price in the UK reflects reflects an IPS based monitor, I will probably give it a go. Worst case I'll send it back due to wrong spec.

Both have different product names: the W2600HP has a S-IPS panel and the W2600HPF has a TN Panel. Might consider the S-IPS version if it doesn't have important issues (ghosting, backlighting or color uniformity).

This is exactly the same as last time, someone got a response from a company rep; after first stating it was IPS, they later corrected and said TN, because IPS was too expensive for America.

Both have different product names: the W2600HP has a S-IPS panel and the W2600HPF has a TN Panel. Might consider the S-IPS version if it doesn't have important issues (ghosting, backlighting or color uniformity).

you are right:

UK websites (pre-order) have W2600HP-BF,

LG germany lists W2600HP-BF (with S-IPS clearly listed in the spec and as a LOGO, meaning it will end up on the retail packaging/box)

LG canada lists W2600H-PF as the model number.

The manual lists two models:
W2600H & W2600HP

They have this at my best buy, but there isn't a floor model out and I don't have the funds to by one and test it out. Anybody pick one up yet?

Saw a W2600H-PF at Best Buy. There was no branding on the box that indicated IPS or in the manual either. The off angel viewing was actually pretty good even from below. Played with the settings a bit but overall it didn’t seem all that impressive compared to other panels on display...wasn't compelled to take it home.

If you find some good review of this one let me know and I'll order it and test it for you all - but I need to be sure that it is equal to Planar :D I was going to buy LG 245WP-BN (because Planar is not availible in Poland) but IPS is better for gamers and this one is only few dollars more expensive than 245WP-BN in Poland. Oh and do LG gives also for this one 30 days of 0 bad/sub pixels?

Here's the key part from the LG webpage:

Disclaimer: Products, specifications and dimensions may vary depending on region and are subject to change.

The way I read this, if you're in Canada and order a 24" IPS panel they can send you a 20" TN for the same price and say "we told you so".

This monitor (the S-IPS version) looks quite nice. Is there any way anyone could do a review for us from Europe who owns one in the future. If it turns out positive I could consider importing it from Europe i guess (I live in Canada).

Back