New LG W2600HP 26" S-IPS

Got my LG W2600HP and the first thing I noticed was a stuck subpixel. It also had an annoying humming sound at certain brightness levels.

I don't understand why manufacturers even bother to release displays with defective pixels to the market. Surely no consumers in their right mind will accept a display with stuck/dead pixels? I'm returning the LG tomorrow.

Got mine today, and boy am i happy. No stuck pixel, no humming sound... its just perfect. One thing for shure, i am never going back to TN again. :)

Hi,

I have also this LCD and I want if someone can help me with an information.

I've run Tireal TFT Test (http://tireal.com/index.php?page=etft) and on test number 3 (gray gradients), when the screen number 3 is displayed (the one with gradient from top to bottom, splitted by white lines) I can hear a noise, on other tests it's dead silent, but only on that test I can hear that buzzing noise.

Can someone who has this monitor to run this test and tell me if it;s a series "feature" or it's a particular issue.

Thanks

Can this display (LG W2600HP-BF) do 75 Hz on VGA connection in the native resolution?

Hi,

I have also this LCD and I want if someone can help me with an information.

I've run Tireal TFT Test (http://tireal.com/index.php?page=etft) and on test number 3 (gray gradients), when the screen number 3 is displayed (the one with gradient from top to bottom, splitted by white lines) I can hear a noise, on other tests it's dead silent, but only on that test I can hear that buzzing noise.

Can someone who has this monitor to run this test and tell me if it;s a series "feature" or it's a particular issue.

Thanks
No buzzing noises here on any of those screens in the test.
I even made my room really quiet while testing.
Perhaps it's a issue with being new, maybe the circuits need some time to wear-in or something.

Strange, only in that test I can hear it. I even let it open for 2 hours with that test opened and I can still hear the noise.
But the main bigest issue is that I can't make it to show sRGB color space. Everything it's working in the extend gamut. No matter which color profile I load.
And when I'm working brochures and posters I can't figure out how they will get out at print.

How are the black levels on this monitor?

I'm currently rockin' a Lenovo L220x, but I feel it's getting a little small. Could anyone with hands-on experience with both displays shine a light on the differences between them?

Is there any tint issue ? How are the black levels on this monitor ? Colors ?Crisp ?Sharpness ? Image quality?
What about web surfing ? Are the letters smaller than a 24" lcd ? Seems to be a good monitor.

Is there any tint issue ? How are the black levels on this monitor ? Colors ?Crisp ?Sharpness ? Image quality?
What about web surfing ? Are the letters smaller than a 24" lcd ? Seems to be a good monitor.

No owner of this LG,here ? Please,some info,guys :)
Thanks.

Just saw this at a CeBit 2008 post,

It's only on the German LG site,
1920x1200 @ 60Hz
response: 5ms GtG
contrast: 1000:1 (5000:1 with DFC) sounds like Samsung's dynamic contrast
brightness: 400 cd/m2
Inputs: 15 Pin D-Sub, DVI-D (with HDCP)

http://de.lge.com/products/model/detail/businessundoffice_w2600hp.jhtml#

Looks like HDMI and USB 2.0 ports from this page
http://www.techfresh.net/tech-gadgets/hdtv/lcd/

just so you know the LG policy for any rma is to provide a REFURBISHED unit, not a new one.so if that nice $1000 screen craps out in 4 months, youll be getting someone elses fixed screen, with who knows what kind of bezel scratching etc... ive been going through this for 2 months now with LG with my L246WP-BN. its taken 2 months, 4 return rma shipments as the replacements were either wrong or faulty. samsung has apparently changed their policy to repair and/or replace at their choice any monitors under warranty. this is the way warranties are supposed to be.

so "californiacomputer.com" has this thing for $464, ive been looking for an IPS bigger than 24'' that is less than $650 or so a ton. Is this thing worth it for desktop use and gaming?

so "californiacomputer.com" has this thing for $464, ive been looking for an IPS bigger than 24'' that is less than $650 or so a ton. Is this thing worth it for desktop use and gaming?
The 26" LG they have is not this model. It's a low res TV.

Back