New: Leadtek PVR2000 TV & FM hardware encoded tuner..thoughts?

SJetski71

Fully [H]
Posted this in [H]ot Deals as well. Just wanted to throw this out into a public arena for any thoughts, ideas or experiences with this card. The retail version isn't available just yet either.

Since Leadtek has had great budget solutions in the past, i'm real curious about this new offering... It's only $70 to boot.

Link to merchant offering - Resellerating for the squeemish 9.1/8.3
Link to Leadtek MFR info

What does everyone think (or know?)

There's a big thread of people who really like z-buy on the anandtech forum because they were selling PVR250MCEs (OEM) for $80 or less. They have really good resellerratings, too, except the tech support ones are a bit low.

CrimandEvil said:
I'm waiting for a more reputable merchant like Newegg to stock them before I venture into getting one.Check this out
You don't have to wait for a "Blackbird" design card:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-116-308&catalog=47&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=15-100-007&depa=0

From what I know the ATI one would be the better of the two.
They're actually a fairly reputable merchant (see resellerating in original post) but i can't blame ya for waiting to buy it from Newegg. Zbuy's product description claims it has the "same functionality as the Hauppauge Roslyn" which is the top right hand corner card illustrated here. I wonder why someone would mention that in a product description(?)

The Rosayln is a Hauppage designed "Blackbird" card much like the Leadtek.

They're actually a fairly reputable merchant (see resellerating in original post) but i can't blame ya for waiting to buy it from Newegg.
Hehehe actually I was thinking more about PC Alchemy when I said that but I did wish Newegg would stock more of this kind of stuff too. PC Alchemy has a rep that posts in the HTPCnews Forums and the guys from HTPCnews know them pretty well so I choose to get my stuff from them when I can, FYI Alchemy's rep has said that sometime next week they should be getting a few of the Rosayln cards for sale with Sage TV bundles. I'm sure Z-Buy doesn't stiff people like some sellers but the general word seems to be that their customer service is horrible, something I would lke to avoid just in case I have to return something.

bump, anyone seen any reviews or comparisons of this card to the hauppauge (omg, i can finally spell it!) pvr250?

Yep, we might have to wait a month or two for more info on this. The Leadtek PVR isn't even available in a retail box yet we'll have to wait and see. I'll post any reviews if i dig one up

Back