New laptop w/Vista

ICOM

2[H]4U
So my laptop died last week (I recovered data) and I purchased a new laptop that came with Vista Home Premium.

I boot up and I'm presented with the pretty colors of Vista. I patiently played the "who moved my cheese" game and located everything without too much hassle but I hated the look and feel if it (Vista). Then, I wondered to how closely I can get this thing to resemble my trusty XP desktop. Sure enough, after some fiddling, I've got Vista to look and function almost as well as my XP box.

I'd have to say Vista works well enough but after playing with it for a couple days, I don't see any value in it. I'm certainly glad this OS came bundled with the laptop; otherwise, it would have been a waste of my money if I had purchased it off the shelf. For me, there's just nothing here that constitutes upgrading from XP. It's not a big deal. As far as I'm concerned, an OS is just a platform that I use to launch applications that interest me.

I'll keep Vista for no other reason than it was free relatively speaking and I got it to work like XP. Aside from that, meh...

So my laptop died last week (I recovered data) and I purchased a new laptop that came with Vista Home Premium.

I boot up and I'm presented with the pretty colors of Vista. I patiently played the "who moved my cheese" game and located everything without too much hassle but I hated the look and feel if it (Vista). Then, I wondered to how closely I can get this thing to resemble my trusty XP desktop. Sure enough, after some fiddling, I've got Vista to look and function almost as well as my XP box.

I'd have to say Vista works well enough but after playing with it for a couple days, I don't see any value in it. I'm certainly glad this OS came bundled with the laptop; otherwise, it would have been a waste of my money if I had purchased it off the shelf. For me, there's just nothing here that constitutes upgrading from XP. It's not a big deal. As far as I'm concerned, an OS is just a platform that I use to launch applications that interest me.

I'll keep Vista for no other reason than it was free relatively speaking and I got it to work like XP. Aside from that, meh...

QFT

Back