New laptop! Pics (.5mb total)

Eric1285

[H]ard|Gawd
Cliffs at end.

Just got this laptop yestarday from Best Buy. It's an eMachines M5312.

Specs:

Athlon 2400+
60GB HDD
802.11g
512mb PC2100 ram
15.4'' 1280x800 Widescreen LCD :drool:
Radeon IGP 320m graphics (~Radeon 7000)
USB 2.0, Firewire
DVD/CDRW

All I can say is that it's awesome...beautiful monitor. For those of you who will say it sucks cause it's an eMachines, they don't make the laptop. It's made by Arima, and just badged as eMachines.

Pics:

em1.JPG

em2.JPG

em3.JPG

em4.JPG

em5.JPG

Here's the best part...I got it for free. My old laptop, an HP N5475, broke for the 4th time, and so they replaced it for free under their no lemon policy, since I bought the warranty for $200. I must say, I've gotten $1400 out of that $200 warranty... Of course, I bought the warranty again for this eMachines. The only thing that ticks me off is that they wouldn't give me store credit for the original purchase price of the HP laptop...I could have gotten the newer eMachines with an Athlon 64 3000+ in it. Oh well...I anticipate this one getting replaced in about a year and a half. It's so nice...new laptops for $200 every 2-3 years.

:drool:

Cliffs:

1. Old laptop from BB broke
2. Had warranty that replaces item if it brakes > 3 times
3. ...
4. Profit

Nice laptop.

How much did you buy it for?

Btw, those athons in laptops run really hot!!!

Lol...did you read, or just look at the pictures? It was free.

Yeah, I know the Athlons run really hot. All Athlon notebooks tend to overheat. That's probably going to be my "problem" when I go to exchange it.

Originally posted by ycchan
Nice!

I have the ATi 340M..never heard of 320 tho

They're the same chip. It's just called the 340M when it's bundled with an Intel processor.

Back