new laptop ( open budget )

mishal

n00b
Hello guys

Am looking to buy a new laptop and I have open budget even if its expensive.
I would like to see 2 options and I will be choosing one of them

I have seen alot of brands asus toshiba alien dell xps etc makes me confuse

What I need in my laptop:

Screen size 16" to18" full hd 1920x1080 or more
Should be windows 8 (prefer pro)
Harddrive at least the main should be SSD for fast booting
Am not planing to play games but It would be nice if it has a strong graphic card ready for it
Dvd writer and prefer if it has blue-RAY
Ram at least 16gb or more
Hdmi
Latest wireless technology

I have done some researchs and best I found is the top of the line toshiba qosmio. So is there something better than this ?

Thank you

Thank you for the info but I am looking for a very expensive laptop. I want the top in the market with 16" and above

Wow, 12 pounds on that alienware.

I think I would stick to having a small and light laptop for traveling and a really beefy desktop at home. I still don't understand the draw to laptops with huge screens.

Wow, 12 pounds on that alienware.

I think I would stick to having a small and light laptop for traveling and a really beefy desktop at home. I still don't understand the draw to laptops with huge screens.

The OP wants the best in market.he did not mention
anything about the weight,portability.

I'd look at the current 17" Dell Precision model (Precision M6700)... or the 15.6" option, if you consider that closer to 16" than 15" and it meets your requirements.

He mentions that it's not for games (though being able to play them is a plus), so I'm guessing it's work related. The Precision will play games fine, it's just not it's targeted demographic.

If you're wanting to spend money, Dell Precision and HP EliteBook would be the way to go.

Better build quality, IPS screens available, docking station support, 32GB RAM support, etc.

Personally, I prefer my Elitebook to the Precisions I've worked with, especially since the HP's have a better docking station.

There's not that many manufacturers that are playing in the > 15.6 highend area, but I'd look at MSI and Asus as well.

Thank you all for supporting

Please I dont want normal laptop that do only what I mentioned. I am just asking for the best anf am welling to pay more than 3000 dollars

So lets say we narrow down thr companies to toshiba, asus, sony, dell, msi, alien etc

Which one is the best ? And please make sure it must have SSD drive for booting at least not thr normal hard drive

Thank you all again

Which one is the best ? And please make sure it must have SSD drive for booting at least not thr normal hard drive

Thank you all again
The best for what?

Tell us what you're going to be doing with it. We know you're not going to primarily be gaming, but different laptops will be the best at different things. The best gaming laptop will not be the best the laptop for Photoshop which will not be the best laptop for something else. Some programs/uses might get more from CPU than GPU, some might require that you have an IPS screen for color accuracy, and so on.

But if I was in the market for a 17" laptop and had no budget, I'd personally pick up the Dell Precision M6700. Get an SSD and one of the high end graphics cards in there, a matte HD screen, and you're set.

I can't tell you anything more without more info on what exactly you need.

If you are looking to spend some cash and want the best, look at this beast!

The Dragon Edition 2 meets all your requirements
17.3" Super Clear Ultra Bright LED Matte Screen (1920x1080)
Windows 8 Pre-Installed
3 mSATA drives to RAID for amazing performance, plus another bay for a storage drive (1TB)
Optical Blueray drive with R/W
Top of the line graphics NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 780M 4,096MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11 w/ Optimus™ Technology
32GB DDR3 1600MHz (Dual Channel Memory (4x8GB SODIMMS))
3-in-1 Card Reader
SD / SDHC / SDXC
2 x USB 2.0 Ports
3 x USB 3.0 Ports
1 x HDMI 1.4
1 x Mini Display Port
1 x RJ45 LAN
1 x VGA Port/Mini D-Sub 15-Pin for External Monitor
1 x Microphone
1 x Headphone Out Jack
1 x Line-in Jack
1 x S/PDIF

MSI GT70 2OD-039US - Dragon Edition 2
http://www.xoticpc.com/msi-gt70-2od039us-dragon-edition-p-5771.html?wconfigure=yes

Yeah, the best for what.

I'm not going to personally carry a large laptop anymore. They are far too heavy need large batteries and really have no more screen real estate unless they are higher resolution. I also wouldn't limit myself to a system with a blu-ray or even a dvd. There just aren't that many times that I've used mine.

I'd much rather have a great keyboard and light notebook for travel/meetings and use a desktop with at least dual monitors for serious work.

Windows 8 Pre-Installed
3 mSATA drives to RAID for amazing performance, plus another bay for a storage drive (1TB)
Top of the line graphics NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 780M 4,096MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11 w/ Optimus™ Technology
3-in-1 Card Reader
SD / SDHC / SDXC
2 x USB 2.0 Ports
3 x USB 3.0 Ports
1 x HDMI 1.4
1 x Mini Display Port
1 x RJ45 LAN
1 x Microphone
1 x Headphone Out Jack
1 x Line-in Jack
1 x S/PDIF

http://www.xoticpc.com/msi-gt70-2od039us-dragon-edition-p-5771.html?wconfigure=yes

That could almost be worth lugging around 16lbs.. Probably not..

Windows 8 Pre-Installed
3-in-1 Card Reader
SD / SDHC / SDXC
2 x USB 2.0 Ports
3 x USB 3.0 Ports
1 x HDMI 1.4
1 x Mini Display Port
1 x RJ45 LAN
1 x Microphone
1 x Headphone Out Jack
1 x Line-in Jack
1 x S/PDIF

wow thank you that's really impressive :D

and about people asking my usage. I a forex trader so I need big screen so I can view multiple charts in very high resolution to do the analysis and I play games some times

thanks all

Back