new laptop in aug

Lunas

[H]F Junkie
So i have decided im going to buy a new laptop on my birthday that is exactly 6 months from now.

I can spend around 600 MAX

I am currently using a toshiba with a celeron 1005m. And it has a SSD and HDD that will come with it the 2nd HDD is in an Optical drive caddy.

I dont game cutting edge games so as long as it can play borderlands 2 or Neverwinter or Fallout 3 it will work.

I was thinking either a new A10 or i5. NOT HP OR DELL.

So far im looking at a
lenovo z50-75 from amazon
A10-7300
ram dont care getting upgrade post aquired
hdd 250 gig SSD and 750 gig 7200 rpm drives going into it on arrival.

lenovo thinkpad e555 direct from lenovo
A10-7300
amd r7 260M 2G
ram and hdd same

So what of intel based offerings?
i would want at least an i5 im pretty sure any haswell i5 the cpu portion will dominate the A10 cpu but the gpu will get beat by the amd.

Last edited:
6 months is a long time in the tech world, looking into specific models that far out isn't terribly useful. New product developments and pricing will likely be significantly different by then. Might catch deals in the back to school season as well.

Computex will likely serve as launch event for more products in June. In August you'll likely have more availability of Broadwell products and possibly Carrizo products as well.

Why do you specifically want an "i5?"

Why do you specifically want more graphics performance?

6 months is a long time in the tech world, looking into specific models that far out isn't terribly useful. New product developments and pricing will likely be significantly different by then. Might catch deals in the back to school season as well.

Computex will likely serve as launch event for more products in June. In August you'll likely have more availability of Broadwell products and possibly Carrizo products as well.

Why do you specifically want an "i5?"

Why do you specifically want more graphics performance?

Right now i am not able to spend time on my desktop and it has aged some and I like to game a little bit not hardcore but i would like the horsepower in the thing i carry to be able to do so.

Right now im using a modded toshiba c55t-a5222 it has a celeron 1005m new this thing cost around 300. It does not seem slow at all but it cant play games all that well...
I had also tried unsuccessfully to bump this one to an i5 it would boot and run and then blue screen randomly im guessing the i5 i got was not entirely stable or genuine.

I am not exactly tied to a i5 i would actually prefer the A10 and if i was buying today it would be the Lenovo thinkpad e555 direct from lenovo with a a10-7300 and the amd r7 260 2g.

As for why im looking now I dont want to impulsively buy this or that i want to plan and know exactly what im getting when i am getting it.

I suppose it is a bit early to make a thread or pick specifics but i can watch things as they come out...

I just a new laptop yesterday, a broad well dell i3 touchscreen from staples. It's hardly high end but it's pretty decent for $300. Check slick deals for more info

Back