New Kissing Robot From Japan

HardOCP News

[H] News
Sega has announced a new robot that does all the things you’d expect from a robot…and then some. Apparently if you get your head too close to the robot it gives you a kiss (insert your own “which head?” jokes here). :eek:

The robot is supposed to be female and stands 38 cm tall. Sega says E.M.A. is especially remarkable because of its “glamorous body” and high level of interactivity. The robot is able to hand out business cards, it can sing and dance and walk “like a lady”. The kiss function is especially interesting. If your head comes close to the robot, its love mode kicks in and your will receive a kiss.

I wonder if the screw hole on the robots but was intentional ;)

you know what sega means in italy.

The robot is supposed to be female and stands 38 cm tall. Sega says E.M.A. is especially remarkable because of its “glamorous body” and high level of interactivity. The robot is able to hand out business cards, it can sing and dance and walk “like a lady”. The kiss function is especially interesting. If your head comes close to the robot, its love mode kicks in and your will receive a kiss.

OK, seriously, the Japanese are starting to really creep me out.

What are women going to do once these are made realistic??

If guys lose their dependence on women for sex the world will change dramatically (probably in a good way). More time to be productive instead of spending time chasing chicks.

The kiss function is especially interesting. If your head comes close to the robot, its love mode kicks in and your will receive a kiss.

Makes me wish my PC had a "love mode"

My first interpretation of this was different though... if it can detect head movement... HEADSHOT!!!

Also, with no lips, what does it do, headbut you and make the kiss sound?

Judging from the pictures it looks like someone's been screwing it, too.

Back