new issue with with a 4870

FocalFury

n00b
so im working on a rig for a friend...

running windows 7 64bit w/ latest updates , Asus m4a785 mb, 4 gb ram, phenom 9750, 700w psu

For the past few months this card has worked fine. my friend often lets his computer go to seep, when it goes to sleep the lights on the card flash and the fan sounds like its speed is surging then the fan speeds up to 100%. When this happens we have no signal to the monitor, and have to force the computer to turn off and swap out the card to a older 4360, and the computer will boot and run fine.

we tried to let the computer hibernate and the same issue occurs. we also tried to update the catalyst control center and drivers but there is no change.

anyone have any ideas cause i'm stumped:confused:
thanks
D A N N Y

so im working on a rig for a friend...

running windows 7 64bit w/ latest updates , Asus m4a785 mb, 4 gb ram, phenom 9750, 700w psu

For the past few months this card has worked fine. my friend often lets his computer go to seep, when it goes to sleep the lights on the card flash and the fan sounds like its speed is surging then the fan speeds up to 100%. When this happens we have no signal to the monitor, and have to force the computer to turn off and swap out the card to a older 4360, and the computer will boot and run fine.

we tried to let the computer hibernate and the same issue occurs. we also tried to update the catalyst control center and drivers but there is no change.

anyone have any ideas cause i'm stumped:confused:
thanks
D A N N Y

IMO Fix this the easy way, Turn off sleep/hibernate and just let the monitor go to sleep :-D.

thanks everyone for the help, i found a few updates for the mobo's bios on the asus site that sounded like they would help. and the issue is now solved.

Back