New iPod Nano Leaked: Pic Inside!

Engadget just featured it!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/05/ipod-nano-4g-leaked-in-actual-factual-really-real-spy-photo/

ipod_nano_4g_spy2.jpg

Doesn't look too shabby ;)

is it just me or are the Nano's, not so nano anymore and are getting bigger each time?

is it just me or are the Nano's, not so nano anymore and are getting bigger each time?

Agreed. The first gen Nano was my favorite!

I remember when the 4GB Nano came out. It was about the same price as a 4GB Flash Drive! Look at us now! 16GB drives are now $50!

That green one is a chop and the photo shows the old style of connector (with the squeeze tabs). New connectors are the smaller no tabs ones.

It's possible both are fake, but the orange one would be tricky to fake well.

Looks ugly to me. Why did they make it longer again. The screens should be getting wider not taller!!! Hopefully you will turn it on it's side to play movies, but in that case they should have rotated the click wheel icons for side use.

so what about upright use then if they rotate the wheel..i dont want to watch a movie on a nano... tall would make more sense for music play lists..

That green one is a pretty shitty photoshop job. Look at the edges around the screen :/

Eh, I don't know that green one looks kinda fishy to me, the screen edges are a little blurry. Perhaps it's simply because of a low quality photo, or maybe it's just me. We'll wait until tomorrow and see!

I'm not so much a big fan of the new design. It seems odd. Almost like they didn't put much effort into it.

I like my 3G nano better. Its the perfect size. This new 4G is too long with only a slightly bigger screen. A new nano so soon doesn't make much sense. I guess they wanted the Accelerometer (turn the nano for screen portrait or landscape mode like the touch and iPhone) on the nano.

And what's with this "shake" feature to shuffle songs? Nano's were meant for the gym and running (hence the only ipod that can use the Nike + feature) If I'm running or something I don't want my iPod to keep switching songs.

I like my 3G nano better. Its the perfect size. This new 4G is too long with only a slightly bigger screen. A new nano so soon doesn't make much sense. I guess they wanted the Accelerometer (turn the nano for screen portrait or landscape mode like the touch and iPhone) on the nano.

And what's with this "shake" feature to shuffle songs? Nano's were meant for the gym and running (hence the only ipod that can use the Nike + feature) If I'm running or something I don't want my iPod to keep switching songs.

Both screens are the same size. The only difference is a rotation of 90 degrees.

I believe the shake feature can be turned off.

My GF and I hated the short, wide nanos. Everyone I've talked to about it felt the same way. I was starting to look around on ebay for the 2nd gen models when I caught wind of these. I'm glad to see a return to the "long n' thin" look and will be picking one of these up ASAP.

I could care less about using my nano for videos or games, but if they feel like they have to include those features on a player with a small form factor, I'm glad they at least came up with the tilt feature. Going short and fat with gen 3 just to accomodate screen size was a mistake, imo. As new features, I'd rather see stuff I'd actually use my nano for, such as: an FM reciever, some sort of apps or decent hardware for working out (pedometor, lap timer, heartmonitor, etc), perhaps a small mic for voice recording, etc, etc.

I agree that the "shake to shuffle" feature seems like a novelty. I'll have it turned off 99% of the time. Even when I want to use it, I'll have to go in and enable it, thereby negating the convenience of the feature.

-S

I happen to like the fat one the best...
I just dont like the whole tall skinny shit.
Seems liek I would break it real easy.

I liked the "fat" one too. It was like a "nano" ipod with the same dimensions. It bugged me that the previous nanos didn't support video and I liked that they fixed that. Now they went back to the stupid vertical design where you hold it sideways to watch videos. Lame. :mad:

meh it looks pretty decent, alot better than the 3rd generation imo

may be worth buying, but videos are still better

I liked the "fat" one too. It was like a "nano" ipod with the same dimensions. It bugged me that the previous nanos didn't support video and I liked that they fixed that. Now they went back to the stupid vertical design where you hold it sideways to watch videos. Lame. :mad:

If you want a video ipod, get a video ipod! Nanos are all about small, rugged and portable music. It's the ipod for the road warrior, imo. This is the ipod people buy to work out with, take jogging, etc, etc. My mp3 player spends most of it's time in a backback or strapped to my body somewhere, so I personally could give a shit if the thing can play videos or not.

As I said above, I'd have rather they gone for other features more condusive to the nano's "role" in the applie lineup. But Apple went for the two-point conversion and tried to make everybody happy. And, honestly, I think they did a good job. The extra bang-for-buck of the video player sure won't annoy me, though I'm unlikely to ever use it. Likewise, turning the thing sideways isn't too huge an inconvenience for those who feel they simply MUST watch video on a small mp3 player.

The extra colors add a bit more sex appeal, and the price stayed reasonable. All in all, I really have to hand it to Apple this time around. They did an excellent job.

-S

I'm not a apple fan myself, but I had the first gen iPod nano and back then, that was like the best thing ever. It was super small, super slim and had enough memory for most of my songs. Too bad, I could never get used to iTunes enough to keep it.

On a side note, if they ever drop the iTouch down in price anymore, I could be interested.

I liked the short, fat one too, much better than this generations or the one before it.

Back