New iPhone(s) on September 9th

Careful. Accusing the one known as TTL as a shill could get you reported as "insulting another person."

I just stopped responding to the person, I'm tired of getting reported for being a troll by a troll.

Careful. Accusing the one known as TTL as a shill could get you reported as "insulting another person."

There is substantial evidence that this person is one or more of the following:
1. A SuperMegaSamsungFanboi
2. A blatant troll
3. A corporate shill, stooge, or astroturfer

The blatant FUD is an insult to anyone with reasonable intelligence. I don't even bother responding most of the time. It's way out of the park sometimes. I say this knowing that I sometime like to rile the people in the AMD GPU section. But I know full well my bullshit reeks. This person I think actually believes what he or she is selling.

still looks like a single speaker design... i liked my iphone for the it just works and the size , but the battery issues (now recalled after i got rid of it) and probably what resulted in poor battery life, also went with the M8, it is a bit big, kind of cumbersome but lasts all day and the screen is nice

I have worse battery life with my M8 then I do with my 5S. I do a number of things to try to increase my M8's battery life to, including manually shutting off various services, etc. At the end of the day my M8 has barely any battery left and my 5S still has at least 50%, and I don't even do anything with my iPhone in an attempt to conserve battery. I leave WIFI and everything else on all day.

In theory the M8 should last longer, but in my own personal practice it doesn't.

Further, if you're having obvious battery issues with your iPhone; Just take it in! You can make up any excuse as long as that sucker is under warranty and you'll get a replacement in store, but they have the recall going on anyways which means you'll get a free replacement as it is.

The only thing I truly appreciated about the M8 were the speakers. Having true stereo sound coming out of the phone like that is really cool. Although my particular M8 had a manufacturing flaw and the left speaker was louder then the right one which pissed me off to no end.

Note 4 is getting mixed reception. Moto X+1 will almost certainly get better reviews. And iPhone 6 certainly will be a huge success. Looks like we're building up to a climax.

I have worse battery life with my M8 then I do with my 5S. I do a number of things to try to increase my M8's battery life to, including manually shutting off various services, etc. At the end of the day my M8 has barely any battery left and my 5S still has at least 50%, and I don't even do anything with my iPhone in an attempt to conserve battery. I leave WIFI and everything else on all day.

In theory the M8 should last longer, but in my own personal practice it doesn't.

Further, if you're having obvious battery issues with your iPhone; Just take it in! You can make up any excuse as long as that sucker is under warranty and you'll get a replacement in store, but they have the recall going on anyways which means you'll get a free replacement as it is.

The only thing I truly appreciated about the M8 were the speakers. Having true stereo sound coming out of the phone like that is really cool. Although my particular M8 had a manufacturing flaw and the left speaker was louder then the right one which pissed me off to no end.

You are definitely not alone on this.

On every Android device that I have used, I need to manually shutdown and definitely require Root to squeeze out some battery life. For some cases, I need to pay attention to what happened with some app that are draining battery like mad out of nowhere. In the end, my iPhone 5S still got better battery life than any of the Android device that I am using now.

You are definitely not alone on this.

On every Android device that I have used, I need to manually shutdown and definitely require Root to squeeze out some battery life. For some cases, I need to pay attention to what happened with some app that are draining battery like mad out of nowhere. In the end, my iPhone 5S still got better battery life than any of the Android device that I am using now.

This is partially why I want to move to either iOS or WP (preferred WP). I like my Note 3's size and all it can do but damn am I tired of Android.

I have the One M8 as well, and out of the 13 Android phones I have owned the past 4 + years :D I would rate the One M8 as one of the top 2 or 3 favorite of all time. And as for battery life, it is easily the #2 best phone I have had for battery longevity. I routinely get 5h to 5.5h of On Screen time easily, sometimes 6h On Screen time, and it lasts a full day hammering the phone non stop. On weekends this phone goes 2 days.

Only other phone I've owned that was better on battery life was the Note 2, which was a beast with constantly getting 8h On Screen time. This One M8, easily beats my old S4 battery life, little better than Note 3 battery life, etc...

My One M8 is converted to GPE.

I can't believe some people are already camping out. First, why? No internet at home? Second, how? How can people do this while still maintaining a job?

I can't believe some people are already camping out. First, why? No internet at home? Second, how? How can people do this while still maintaining a job?

People are camping out before its even announced? Gah some iPhone people are pathetic...

Edit: actually its most likely people who just want to make a quick buck

I find that to be a disgusting and sick thing a human can do :(

First world problems huh ? :rolleyes:

To camp out 2 fucking weeks before some new technology device comes out, so you can be one of the first people to purchase one ? Why ? This new iPhone 6 will do everything else your iPhone 5S with iOS8 can do, it will text the same, surf the web the same, make phone calls the same.

Plus why do you have to "first" ? The phone isn't going anywhere, it will be there next month, and the month after that, etc...

You fail to understand attention whores

I've never felt the need to wait in line that long. Sure, I've been to food festivals where an hour long wait isn't unusual. But to wait weeks? WEEKS??? LOL!

I've never felt the need to wait in line that long. Sure, I've been to food festivals where an hour long wait isn't unusual. But to wait weeks? WEEKS??? LOL!

The best part is that they don't even know if it's coming out the same day as the WWDC.

The best part is that they don't even know if it's coming out the same day as the WWDC.

It probably isn't...lol. I wish Apple would do this during the winter. Let's test the fanboi commitment when it's 0 C outside. :D

WWDC was in June, so I'm pretty sure it's not coming out then....

These super-early lines are from companies desperate to get marketing attention. Even the hardcore fans tend not to show up until a few days later, if that long. You can still get your phone on launch day if you show up before the doors open, more often than not... and really, that's the only reason you'd really need to line up in the first place.

The funny thing is, other companies will jab Apple fans for lining up, but they would absolutely kill for that kind of buzz. Samsung makes fun of the queues in its "next big thing" ads... and yet launches pop-up stores, offers steep discounts and otherwise does everything it can to create lineups in countries where there's a realistic chance they'll appear. As annoying as these lineup stunts are, they show the importance of creating long-term loyalty instead of simply chasing after market share and quarterly profits.

Yeah I read that the lines are mainly for marketing attention from other companies. They'll be waiting a lot longer than the 9th, I'm sure it won't be available until another week or two.

I have no doubt there are some shills paid by Apple in that line (and maybe other companies) but there are also zealots who live and breathe Apple. These are the people who will post unboxing videos, spam everyone they know with news of how great their life is now, and get into fights with anyone who dares question Apple.

Most tech products have a following, only Apple seems to inspire this kind of blind idiocy. RDF generators at Cupertino are at full strength :)

I have no doubt there are some shills paid by Apple in that line (and maybe other companies) but there are also zealots who live and breathe Apple. These are the people who will post unboxing videos, spam everyone they know with news of how great their life is now, and get into fights with anyone who dares question Apple.

Most tech products have a following, only Apple seems to inspire this kind of blind idiocy. RDF generators at Cupertino are at full strength :)

With the exception of people camping out in lines way ahead of time, I see the same craziness in Android people. The only people who sit quietly in the corner are the Windows people. They're like the kid with lice that no one wants to play with.

With the exception of people camping out in lines way ahead of time, I see the same craziness in Android people. The only people who sit quietly in the corner are the Windows people. They're like the kid with lice that no one wants to play with.

I've never heard of people waiting in line for an Android phone...

I did, and have seen it. But we're talking 45 minute wait to an hour. Like 15 to 20 people in line.

When the second Nexus came, the Nexus-S at T-Mobile stores had some geeks in line for that phone release, the morning of release. I saw that a several stores that day.

I did, and have seen it. But we're talking 45 minute wait to an hour. Like 15 to 20 people in line.

When the second Nexus came, the Nexus-S at T-Mobile stores had some geeks in line for that phone release, the morning of release. I saw that a several stores that day.

Ah well that's not to bad. I'm talking people waiting in line the night before or days in advance. Its just stupid

Try being a blackberry fan. :(

Ah well that's not to bad. I'm talking people waiting in line the night before or days in advance. Its just stupid

Agreed, that's just brain damage there.

I'll wait in line, the same I might for a roller coaster ride, or to get in a new movie release. Like an an hour or so.

But 8 hours, NO FUCKING WAY, and wait a full day or 2 days for a new cell phone :eek::rolleyes: Abso-fucking-lutely not a chance in hell. You have serious issues and need to be waiting for a doctor instead of in line at the Apple store.

I am guessing that pre-orders start on the 11th and will be in stores on the 19th.

Agreed, that's just brain damage there.

I'll wait in line, the same I might for a roller coaster ride, or to get in a new movie release. Like an an hour or so.

But 8 hours, NO FUCKING WAY, and wait a full day or 2 days for a new cell phone :eek::rolleyes: Abso-fucking-lutely not a chance in hell. You have serious issues and need to be waiting for a doctor instead of in line at the Apple store.

I waited in line overnight for the Xbox360 release with my brother. Bought 2, sold one for about $600 profit. Even if you split the profit between the two of us that is about $40 an hour for sitting around playing gameboy and shooting the shit with my brother. Did the same for the Wii with my brother, only made about $200 that time but we were doing that to subsidize the purchase of a Wii for our sister for Christmas.

I also waited in line for like 30 minutes for the Galaxy Nexus, there were like 8-10 people in line for that and they really only showed up that morning before the store opened.

I would definitely never wait longer than overnight for something though. Also I was in college at the time, currently I value a good nights sleep more than that lol.

I meant that's the only thing I don't see Android people do. Well, I've seen lines, but only for hour(s). Definitely not for days.

iPhone 6(s)

I`m in need of an upgrade soon. Im close to moving to a next gen Droid (64bit) phablet when they come out as their multitasking seems to be evolving (16 mini windows at a time, ridick but doing more than one thing at time is a neat feature that Apple is missing).

My hopes is Apple launches a phablet, with a stylus for natural handwriting etc. Their system architecture is leaps and bounds ahead of what the competition is currently launching (note 4 still on a 32bit processor).

Yeah, to say that this kind of rabid fandom is limited to Apple fans is a bit... well, one-sided.

It's just a question of how people express that loyalty, rather than whether or not it exists. Android and Windows fans rarely line up at stores, but there are quite a few who will absolutely defend their platforms beyond the point of reason. I keep talking about that "Anything But Apple" mentality for good reason -- there are plenty of people (including a few on this forum) who will shriek like a banshee if you even mention Apple, let alone suggest that it might do some things better than other companies. It'd be nice if more people could accept that their platform of choice doesn't have to be the best at everything.

For reference: I'm not the sort to line up for an iPhone these days. I definitely want to give the new ones a shot, but I don't think anyone should line up unless it's pretty clear that the alternative is waiting weeks for supply to catch up with demand. Pre-orders (which I think will start on the 12th, one week before launch) will probably be more than enough if you're not worried about having a device at 8AM on the dot.

iPhone 6(s)

I`m in need of an upgrade soon. Im close to moving to a next gen Droid (64bit) phablet when they come out as their multitasking seems to be evolving (16 mini windows at a time, ridick but doing more than one thing at time is a neat feature that Apple is missing).

My hopes is Apple launches a phablet, with a stylus for natural handwriting etc. Their system architecture is leaps and bounds ahead of what the competition is currently launching (note 4 still on a 32bit processor).

There will probably be a phablet (5.5-inch), but stylus? Not that I can see. The real question is whether or not iOS 8 will have any simultaneous app support at phone sizes. I'm not counting on that, but stranger things have happened.

There will probably be a phablet (5.5-inch), but stylus? Not that I can see. The real question is whether or not iOS 8 will have any simultaneous app support at phone sizes. I'm not counting on that, but stranger things have happened.

The stylus I can see making a comeback. Remember back in the day of actual PDA's and the Newton? There are still people wanting something like this back.

They should probably be bringing that back to the iPad but having it on the iPhone as well would rock.

I carry a variety of phones as part of my job and always gravitate toward the 5s for personal productivity. That is until recently when I began testing the Samsung ATIV. The phone is essentially a GS5 in size but runs Windows Mobile 8. It is now my favorite device. For the first time, I have a phone with a larger screen that is smooth as a babies arse to use with one hand. I highly recommend people take a look at that phone. It replaced my much heavier Lumina and I never looked back. Do I still carry the iPhone 5s, yes and it comes in handy in the Summer when I need a very compact device. I really like running EAS on it and the ability to thread email conversations like on the windows phone is great. From an MDM and MAM perspective, it makes my life easier from an End User support perspective as well and Apple's increasing willingness to get with the program on the Enterprise side of the equation continues to be encouraging.

Try being a blackberry fan. :(

I was in South America about 4 years ago and people there were still in love with BB. I kept telling them that ship is sinking but no one believed me. I don't know anyone who owns one now. Even management at work, I don't see anyone with one.

If Google stopped being evil and supported (or allowed MS to support) WP, I'd switch to it. Its a faster, better OS in almost every way and the rate of development is higher than iOS or Android.

I've used and liked WP even on my girlfriends free shitty Nokia whatever it was. Ran good for such shitty hardware, and it had great features.

Problem is that it just doesn't have the software support like the other two do, and considering even how much Android is missing from iOS in terms of software - That's a huge loss for WP.

honestly im hoping multi tasking is a new launch day feature (like the droid devices). The stylus was a wish, but seeing that the iphone6 case has already been leaked, theres no room for a stylus, but again why not hope lol.

Back