New iPad must have apps?

mrgstiffler

[H]F Junkie
Anyone find any good apps that show off the new screen? Infinity Blade 2 looks pretty damn good. Also shows off the speaker too. I'd say it sounds much better than the iPad 1.

Infinity Blade 2, Real Racing 2 (runs at 2048x1536 w/ 4x AA), Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy (AMAZING GAME), Galaxy on Fire HD (runs at 2048x1536)

I highly recommend Modern Combat 3 too, it supports the higher resolution, and it looks fantastic.

I'm a fan of documentstogo. Love the cloud (box.com) intergration

its not retina updated but still looks pretty good and is still one of my favorites: fieldrunners hd

Dropbox, 1Password, Instapaper, Tweetbot, Early Edition 2, Instacast HD.

Dungeon Defender runs so smoothly now (I had a 1st gen iPad) and it feels like a real game, not some 99 cent app. I like to draw, so Sketchbook Pro is pretty nice (though they need to optimize speed on the latest version)

Not that this will help you out at all, in-so-far-as showing off the display, the two programs I use the most are: Flipboard and Goodreader. I also spend a good amount of time in iBooks.

If you like looking at amazing photography, then check out "the guardian eyewitness". For this app to be at its best you need to turn off auto-brightness and use around 40-60% brightness for the photos to really pop.

Any non-game apps? I am thinking of getting an ipad for the first time and have no interest in gaming on it.

Another vote for Flipboard. Once you've got that set up for all your different sites, its fantastic.

Kindle, iBooks. I read many magazines (PDF) via Goodreader and many of them look as good or better than the real thing.

Kindle, Pages, iPhoto, StarMap HD, Navigon (iPad works brilliantly as in car GPS), Sketches

Back