New Install.... Drivers needed?

tony8404

Weaksauce
Well, since i have been formatting and reinstalling os so much lately. i have began to wonder, if i am loading all the drivers needed to run my system correctly. so today i went ahead and started to see if i can find all drivers needed for my next install which might be tonight. i just got windows visat 64 bit. i just installed the vista 32bit but since i paid for 64 bit cpu and a dfi lanparty 3200 i want what i paid for.

Well, i looked up my board on dfi's web site and i have so far downloaded the si114, marvell 88e8052 88e8053, uli 5175, ati catalsyt, not sure what other drivers are needed?

Except my sound card drivers. which i am confused now. i see the x-fi drivers on creatives site. but i also heard of this other driver called -youp-pax- www.youp-pax.org anyone know if it is better then the creative x-fi drivers?

i just installed the vista 32bit but since i paid for 64 bit cpu and a dfi lanparty 3200 i want what i paid for.
I really wish this myth would die. If you have a 64 bit capable processor, you don't NEED a 64 bit OS "to get what you paid for". I'm not sure how this wild logic came about, but it's just not true. In fact, if you are worried about drivers, stick with Vista 32 for the time being.

Now that I feel better, I'm always very cautious about 3rd party drivers. I like to stick with the OEM's code, but Creative isn't exactly on a hot streak.

Back