New i5 Ivy ThnkPad X230 for under $600

pelo

2[H]4U
IPS is a must. Its sad that my X220 looks better than my new W530, even with the significantly more expensive screen upgrade.

I would also get the wifi upgraded to the 6300. My wireless on my W530 is much more reliable than my 6205 X220.

You can buy the wireless aftermarket as well if you don't want to configure it. I have a 6205 card I bought aftermarket and it's been wonderful. Keep in mind, though, that the WiFi cards tend to be manufacturer specific, so you can't just buy any WiFi card you want all willy nilly, but rather you need to search for a specific for X machine. It's also pretty easy to open up the laptop and install something like an mSATA or WiFi card.

And, yea, the matte IPS display is fantastic.

I got an x201 new a couple years back. Wonder if this is worth the upgrade. Also, have they fixed the IPS panel ghosting issue (or something related to the panel itself) since the X220?

I had a problem with my X220 where a half inch spot on the screen was brighter. It didnt bother me enough to return it, but I know people online who kept returning them until they got a pristine one.

Deal is showing up as 695 for me. I am logging in with the barnes and noble store. Am I missing something.

Its prob about time to upgrade from my X200T

Back