New i5 build locking up?

Hey all, I put together a new system yesterday and the PC seems to randomly lockup or freeze! When I woke up this morning, the computer was off and windows reported that it had shut down incorrectly. Also, when I was playing Crysis 2 today, it just locked up, no ctrl+alt+delete, nothing. I had to reset the machine. I tried doing some research on the issue but people are reporting a lot of different things that work/dont work. I'm not quite sure where to go from here.

i5 2500k
Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Radeon 6970
Corasir 850w PSU
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
Windows 7 x64

I've installed the latest drivers. I also installed the latest BIOS for the motherboard (1502 i think it was?). Everything is set to stock, BIOS defaults loaded. No overclock. The system locks up both at idle and load. :(

i had lock up in games. my computer would be locked up in the monring. and it was a nightmare. my computer did that and i found out it was the ram. i would run prime 95 blend test and it would hard lock the computer up anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours. so i would check your ram. run prime blend test and trouble shoot your ram.

Check to see if the RAM sticks are seated properly, then check with memtest

I had the same issue which lead me to upgrade to 2500K system...only to finally realize that my ram was not seated right....dumb move on my part for not checking ram. But I'm happy as hell with the 2500K system :D

Apparently I had to disable PLL voltage in the BIOS. I tested all of the RAM, all passed. Disabled PLL, ran prime95 for 10 hours, no issues. :)

Back