New Hive Logx mini-ITX HTPC/NAS/PB Case!

I've got a few updated pics of the finished mod... The worlds first, and currently only watercooled Hive Logix mini-itx case! :D

p3200294.jpg

p3200299.jpg

p3200298.jpg

p3200297.jpg

I considered putting a slim optical drive in this first version but felt that they are going the way of the floppy as people are either streaming their data directly to their machines or moving them around with thumb drives. For those cases where a CD/DVD is needed... we're offering external USB optical drives for sale which have a perfect little home on top of the box as can be shown in the first pic.

Well, in my view a HTPC computer would always have an optical drive. Now obviously HTPC isn't the the only - or even main - use of this case, and others might indeed only be streaming or whatever. But personally I always watch movies I own from discs (cba to rip them, and it would take too much space anyway), and never stream. Not to mention rented discs (though I very rarely rent these days).

Of course, the best way is to have a version with and a version without the drive slot. But just wanted to present my point of view on the matter :p

And for using as a NAS etc, it indeed seems like a nifty little case.

I have one of these cases that I won in a contest, I should be completing my build this week.

I will throw some pictures up for all to see.

Wow, awesome price of the Qv2

Yup, I do this at the end of every run before building the next version. They turned out really well and probably could have been sold at retail but the builder charges me less for the parts so it's nice to offer them at a better price for everyone.

Well, in my view a HTPC computer would always have an optical drive. Now obviously HTPC isn't the the only - or even main - use of this case, and others might indeed only be streaming or whatever. But personally I always watch movies I own from discs (cba to rip them, and it would take too much space anyway), and never stream. Not to mention rented discs (though I very rarely rent these days).

Of course, the best way is to have a version with and a version without the drive slot. But just wanted to present my point of view on the matter :p

And for using as a NAS etc, it indeed seems like a nifty little case.

Point taken and it would be more convenient for an internal optical drive rather than the current external solution. This is the first version and the design is scalable so it is likely to happen in the future... probably after we get Qv2F launched. The main goal was to offer a mini-ITX case that supports standard 3.5" desktop drives as most mini boxes only support 2.5" drives which offer half the storage at twice the price.

I've got a few updated pics of the finished mod... The worlds first, and currently only watercooled Hive Logix mini-itx case! :D

I love this mod Craig. How are the temps?

I have one of these cases that I won in a contest, I should be completing my build this week.

I will throw some pictures up for all to see.

I look forward to seeing it! :D

Last edited:
I love this mod Craig. How are the temps?

Thanks Dave. Temps right now are a cool 25.6 C under load... Lol. Of course, that's not really fair since it's only a dual core atom board in there. I will however upgrade if I can find a new board that fits my particular needs. (It must have a native parallel port for my CNC)

We really need competitors for the SG05 and SG06...more and more mini-itx are coming out!

I look forward to seeing it! :D[/QUOTE]

Oh I will definitely throw some pics up.

Parts are enroute.

Asus AT3IONT-I Deluxe Board
2x2GB GSkill PC10666
OCZ Agility 60GB Damn Newegg sale. ;)
1TB WD Green Already had this.

With any luck I get the board and SSD Thursday and have it together and rocking Friday.

Back