New Heavy Rain trailer (NSFW)

those were the best video game tits i've ever seen

Dare I say I *almost* grew wood.

Looks interesting but seems more like a rental experience than anything else. I'd still like to play it regardless since this company's other game, indigo prophecy, was fairly entertaining.

I like the idea that the developer is trying to deliver a game that is kinda of like an interactive movie, but the action sequences rely heavily on quicktime events and I loathe that game mechanic more than anything else.

I like the idea that the developer is trying to deliver a game that is kinda of like an interactive movie, but the action sequences rely heavily on quicktime events and I loathe that game mechanic more than anything else.

I gotta agree, it looks neat, but I have to wonder about it. Hopefully it's a lot more involved than a typical quicktime sequence, because I almost gave up on Deadly Creatures due to them. A single quick-time event isn't a big deal, especially if you can anticipate it in some way. When you string several together with each missed button-press leading to death, all you've got is a SUPER pretty version of Simon.

I gotta agree, it looks neat, but I have to wonder about it. Hopefully it's a lot more involved than a typical quicktime sequence, because I almost gave up on Deadly Creatures due to them. A single quick-time event isn't a big deal, especially if you can anticipate it in some way. When you string several together with each missed button-press leading to death, all you've got is a SUPER pretty version of Simon.
Just to clear things up. QTE's in Heavy Rain are not like other games where you fail and are done. If you fail a particular series, the game storyline progresses in this situation a slightly different direction and gives you another chance (I don't know if the 2nd, 3rd etc. attempts get easier).

Just to clear things up. QTE's in Heavy Rain are not like other games where you fail and are done. If you fail a particular series, the game storyline progresses in this situation a slightly different direction and gives you another chance (I don't know if the 2nd, 3rd etc. attempts get easier).

It isn't the trying and failing that bothers me about QTE's. It is the mechanic itself. To me, it takes control of the game away from the player, and the player is now simply playing Simon Says to interact with the game (whether you succeed or fail). I think they are copouts. A developer doesn't want to make a control for someone to use to perform an action so they make that segment into a Whack A Mole sequence interact. I will be very happy when developers dump QTE's altogether.

I don't know what all the complaining about QTEs is. I'd much rather do them than play Simon while watching a pivotal story sequence like Indigo Prophecy.

The thing about Heavy rain (like Fahrenheit) in regards to the QTE's is that the game itself is setup as a very cinematic storyline, more comparable to adventure games and things you would see in films.

The way the story and game flows it isn't like a "shooter" or another game where you can have linear gameplay in such aa fashion.

With the QTE's it allows the developer to have direct scenes of action in a cinematic sense that you just can't get that easily without some strings.

However unlike Fahrenheit and other games with QTE's where it is normally you fail = game over or such, in Heavy Rain if you fail it isn't game over, it can lead to a different scene however it can alos lead to the death of a characater. That in itself is not game over either, as a character can die and it will still continue on with the storyline as such.

Also at certain poitns in the game the QTE's will have multiple paths. For example, in one scene in the earlier previews when the reporter is attacked by a guy in a house she is hiding on one side of a kitchen table and you hae choices to do odifferent things, such as hop over the table, grab a chair to protect yourself/attack with, etc.

It's not all static or simply "do what the buttons say to continue."

The thing about Heavy rain (like Fahrenheit) in regards to the QTE's is that the game itself is setup as a very cinematic storyline, more comparable to adventure games and things you would see in films.

The way the story and game flows it isn't like a "shooter" or another game where you can have linear gameplay in such aa fashion.

So it's not the gameplay that's important it's the story? But I haven't heard anything about the story. So go ahead and tell me the plot, I won't mind spoilers.

So it's not the gameplay that's important it's the story? But I haven't heard anything about the story. So go ahead and tell me the plot, I won't mind spoilers.

I'd say the most interesting thing about the game (and similar to fahrenheit) is indeed the story and characters.

From what we know through videos/previews the story focuses on a killer known as the Orrigami killer. All of the playable characters are connected in some way. A PI trying to track him down, a reporter trying to get a story, a father who had his son taken by him, and a cop trying to find him.

Didn't Shenmue do the same thing? Like 8 or more years ago?

The graphics look good but the game play looks terrible.

Looks decent. Model and texture details are nice, animation is nothing special. Eyes still look dead and vacant; clearly will not get out of the Uncanny Valley.

Rental, probably. I doubt it'll be a huge seller, given the unusual play style.

That trailer had me laughing. The whole build up felt like it was for digitized titties. Instead of a guy yelling "Shaun" at the end it should have just ended with a slow-mo of the girls breasts.

Also, I can't wait for the tie tying game play. That looks fucking amazing. /sarcasm

or......it felt like a mature game w here the developers are more content on telling a story focused with emotional impacts rather then simple linear "kill everyone you see" gameplay.

or......it felt like a mature game w here the developers are more content on telling a story focused with emotional impacts rather then simple linear "kill everyone you see" gameplay.

Mmm, trailer definitely didn't feel like that. I agree that the "kill everyone you see" gameplay is stale, and I truly hope that HR will deliver something different, but it looks to be presenting mechanics similar to Shenmue. Great game, but really boring.

Mostly, I'm afraid that HR has been so overhyped it almost can't help but disappoint. The characters look great-until they start moving or speaking. The eyes in almost every single character are *awful* though, they look dead.

Alright, as much as I love me some titties, the mere act of putting them in a video game does not make it "mature". Maybe as far as ratings go, but let's be honest : the tits are there because the devs like tits, and their customers like tits. It's not because it makes the game so much more mature and sophisticated.

The tits look good, but let's not break each others balls here, guys just want to see tits.

video no longer works, lame.

edit: nm saw the gametrailers one, game looks amazing, its sorta GTAish with an actual storyline

Last edited:
Back