New heatsink for my 939 system - ease of installation?

t-readyroc

Gawd
I'm trying to decide between the MCX-6400-V, & the SLK948-U. All the reviews I'm reading are telling me that installing them is a bit of work because you have to remove the motherboard to do so. I'd rather not go thru the pain in the arse of doing that, so I'm wondering if what the reviews are saying is precisely true.

Specifically: do you have to remove the motherboard to install these heatsinks if you already have a backplate on the underside of your board?

Looking at the SystemCooling review of the MCX-6400-V here, the diagram shows what looks to be a regular backplate that comes with the stock HSF included with the retail processor.

The SystemCooling review of the SLK948-U, on the other hand, shows a completely different style of backplate... something that looks like it may actually necessitate removing the motherboard to install.

Soooo... anyone with any 1sthand knowledge of either of these heatsink's installation? I'd like to get my system installed & up & running while I wait for either of these new heatsinks to arrive, & I really don't want to remove the motherboard when that happens...

Back