New Halo 2 pics

defiant007

2[H]4U
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/804/804393/imgs_1.html

halo-2-20060927020242526.jpg

halo-2-20060927020247745.jpg

No wonder this game is vista only...the graphics are just so advanced, not :rolleyes:

aznpxdd said:
So why does the first pic has the hold X to pick up the weapon?
because its a port and they dont give a crap bcs the franchise will sell itself....

defiant007 said:
Nope, only after vista is released
Well, they do need a "good" reason for people to go out and buy Vista.

I agree, it does look like ass. Bungie or whoever is doing the porting should be ashamed.

I was, ummm how you say, dissapointed with Halo 2. I'll get Windows Vista but not because you can play Halo 2. Thats just stuiped.

Halo 2 will be like Halo 1...it might be a decent console FPS but when you put it on the PC, you're throwing it in with some much stiffer competition. On the PC, it will be obvious that Halo's gameplay is mediocre and boring.

Is anyone actually planning on bending over for Microsoft and upgrading to Vista **JUST** to be able to play Halo 2?

rfwinters77 said:
Is anyone actually planning on bending over for Microsoft and upgrading to Vista **JUST** to be able to play Halo 2?
dunno why any1 would want to go to a new OS for a 2 yr old console-PC FPS port....

rfwinters77 said:

Doubtful. I am sure a lot of people will migrate right away to vista, but not for Halo 2. Especially if DX10 cards are out before Vista is. I know I will have it right away, assuming MSDN has it.

Viper87227 said:
It looks like shit... but keep in mind, it is 4 months away.
I highly doubt they'll be able to make it look good in only 4 months. Well, maybe they can, but they won't.

So, spend $400 on Vista Ultimate, and drop $50 on Halo 2 for the PC...or grab a used xbox from Gamestop for $50 and get a copy of Halo 2 for $20...

If it was Halo 3, I'd be interested...as is, I have farts that are more exciting that that.

JBavousett said:
So, spend $400 on Vista Ultimate, and drop $50 on Halo 2 for the PC...or grab a used xbox from Gamestop for $50 and get a copy of Halo 2 for $20...

If it was Halo 3, I'd be interested...as is, I have farts that are more exciting that that.

You make it sound like Vista Ultimate is only good for Halo 2.

Atleast in my opinion, Vista Ultimate would do far more than an xbox for me.

Viper87227 said:
You make it sound like Vista Ultimate is only good for Halo 2.

Atleast in my opinion, Vista Ultimate would do far more than an xbox for me.
Halo 2 and whole new masses of DRM, more eyecandy and diminished performance across the board. I mean, if you really, really like DRM, have fun.

Awful looking. Played it on the XBOX, uninspired and boring.

ET:QW oh how I want thee. :)

Why are they useing a DX 8.1 game to show case DX10? What the heck were they thinking? A ti4200 would run that maxed out.

Its not their show case game, their show case for D3D10 will be Flight Sim X, they never promised anything spectacular with Halo2 other then giving it better lighting

aznpxdd said:
So why does the first pic has the hold X to pick up the weapon?

They might literally mean the X key, just like the E key is used in h1pc

rcf1987 said:
Halo 2 running at 1080i on the 360 = better than the pc version
Maybe better than on your PC, running a 2400+ and a 9800pro :D.

Though mine's not much better, so don't take offense... but I think the folks capable of running it at more than 1080p on their 1920x1200 monitors are going to disagree with you on this one :rolleyes: .

the fuck is this 1980? UT2004's graphics are worlds better than that, and the shit came out like 4 years ago.

Back