New GTX 295 Owner - Any Tips / Issues I should know?

PS3

[H]ard|Gawd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pre-answered fan boy replies:
Ok, the 5870 is better, you and amd win.
Ok, the 5850 is better, you and amd win.
Ok, 5770 CF is better, you and ati win.
Yes it's more power hungry, you and amd saved on electric bills.
Yes, I saw the NFS Shift Reviews, congrats on amd drivers :p
Yes, I game at a low resolution, shouldn't of bought it! You are smart!
Yes, I shouldn't of sold my 5850! Red team Forever!

....let me enjoy my gtx295 card now
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just bought this card for a pretty good price and was wondering if there are known issues with gtx295s in general that I should be concerned about. Best drivers? Is it possible to OC this card nicely, or will heat be an issue. Best in game settings / AA settings? Would also like to hear opinions from people that have owned this card so I know what to expect. TIA.

An issue I have with my dual-295s is that anything left sitting behind my case tends to just burst into flames while I'm playing Crysis. No idea why :eek:

Big thing I noticed with mine: Give it plenty of room!

My setup below had the 295 sitting at the top PCI-E port, and a 285 for PhysX sitting directly below it...poor choice on my part. Games would constantly crash and the card would be running full bore all the time. Give it at least a full two slots of space if you're adding another videocard, or at least one slot if adding another PCI-E card.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I saw the NFS Shift Reviews, congrats on amd drivers :p

....let me enjoy my gtx295 card now
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just bought this card for a pretty good price and was wondering if there are known issues with gtx295s in general that I should be concerned about. Best drivers? Is it possible to OC this card nicely, or will heat be an issue. Best in game settings / AA settings? Would also like to hear opinions from people that have owned this card so I know what to expect. TIA.

That is the best post ever. Kill all the Red vs. Green right off the bat. Kudos to you sir! And enjoy that new card, my 260 is jealous.

Not too convinced on the back plate at all. $20 for a thin sheet of aluminum, lol. Should be more like $5 IMO. I'll just mount a fan on the side panel if necessary.

Yes, I saw the NFS Shift Reviews, congrats on amd drivers
I am going to add that to a Macro key...great post!
The 295 rocks and I am having no issues with it.
Because computer is close to the back wall I added a small fan on the back to push air away instead of having it go inside again pulled by my side 230mm fan.
Other than that , I am loving the card.
I do run the fan at 60 for some games when the room is hotter....maybe I would need to push it harder when summer comes back...who knows.
Regards

Side fan will help out temps and get rid of dead heat spots where the 295 exhaust heat inside your case. The back plate does help a little. The screws on the back of the card can get hot as hell to the touch. The backplate help to give off the heat more efficiently imo (worth $20 if you have the monies). If your thinking about ocing to 700 etc bios change the voltages to 275's, then watercool to keep the heat down. Unless you like to hear fans running 100%.

OC'ing the card really starts to show what it can do.

Yes, this card does OCed very nicely.
I believe only the dual PCB were able to change voltage but dont quote me on that.
Mine does and temp does not increase much.

I have a few tips.

Stop trolling kid.
Go play on your playstation.
Please don't post a picture of your crappy case.
LOL @ you making another thread.

I had a GTX295, too many sli related issues with older games, sold it and picked up a GTX285 :p! otherwise with games that support it, it'sa beast of card.

it gets hot. dual or single pcb?

I'm pretty sure it's a single pcb

32332505.jpg

Side fan will help out temps and get rid of dead heat spots where the 295 exhaust heat inside your case. The back plate does help a little. The screws on the back of the card can get hot as hell to the touch. The backplate help to give off the heat more efficiently imo (worth $20 if you have the monies). If your thinking about ocing to 700 etc bios change the voltages to 275's, then watercool to keep the heat down. Unless you like to hear fans running 100%.

OC'ing the card really starts to show what it can do.

I'll have to monitor temps and see how hot this oven gets during games first, and I won't get the card until TGIF.

single pcb for sure. it'll overclock better than the dual pcb. by the way, you can sli the two different versions without issue.

Won't be running sli, my matx board only has once pciex slot of course. It'll be nice to try to finish batman without the AA being an issue. While the 5850 was great I still saw some AA issues in games like cod5 and batman(I know in batman it had to be forced, but it still didn't look right) - same issues with the 4890 prior. The issues weren't major but it's these little details that take away from the game. I know these are just driver issues however. I'm interested to see if I'll have the same problem with AA with Nvidia. I don't like ATI drivers at all, there seems to be always some kind of issue with them.

I am amazed that you got the 295. The burning Q in my mind is how did you get it to fit in that crap case of yours http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5998/ps3system.jpg . And what happened to the ATI 5850? Did your harddrive short it out? Did it bend too much and break? Do you even have enough power in that PS of yours? LOL

How rude. :cool:

Won't get here till Friday. I'm doubting it will fit as well my man. :D

How rude. :cool:

Won't get here till Friday. I'm doubting it will fit as well my man. :D
So since you don't actually have the card in hand, why does it say GTX-295 in your sig? or do you change sigs when you post in Nvidia forums as opposed to the ATI forums? and in COD5, I'm guessing you are refering to MW2, what AA issues are you talking about?

I am referring to jaggies on certain textures in cod5 / batman. It wasn't really that prevalent, but was noticeable. Only a driver issue in those games, because RE5, and other games were perfect with AA.

Back