New GTX 280 scaling/driver/monitor issue? Help?!

MiG29TangentBoy

Limp Gawd
I just installed a new GTX 280 (used Driver Cleaner in safe mode of course) and I cannot get the thing to display 1920x1200 properly. It displays the usual ratio you'd expect before the drivers are installed. The entire screen is now shifted over to the left a fairly large amount, and seems to be stretched horizontally a bit, too. Fiddling with the monitor's settings don't do anything meaningful. I used the most recent drivers from Nvidia's site (177.41), then uninstalled and used the drivers off the disk...same thing. What the heck do I do now? :mad: :confused:

If you are using an HDTV, make sure overscan is turned off.
Try the "Change Resolution" and "Flat Panel Scaling" options, you may be able to sort your problem from there.
If you come across an option to change from 4:3 to 16:9 etc, choose the one appropriate to your display otherwise you may not be given the full range of resolutions.
Try custom resolutions if you get stuck.

has this problem been resolved>? I have the same problem in vista64 with a 295...

If anyone knows a solution, please share.

Did you try some of the things listed above? You could always move the screen over to the right from the nvidia control panel, there's a move screen position option if I recall correctly.

OP: I've got the same issue (see my post: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1167222&page=83)

Looks like you're using Vista and also using the same monitor I am (LG246WP?) The way I fixed this issue in Vista 64 is by following "Chuck_IV"'s post from this thread on another forum: http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=469513&mpage=1&key=񲨉

Unfortunately, the registry fix (to disable HDCP/fix overscan) doesn't work for Windows 7. I've tried everything.

The bottom-line is that we either wait for a registry fix for Windows 7 (I wouldn't count on it since not that many people are using it) OR Nvidia releases a patch/update so we can take control of the issue through Nvidia Control Panel (since currently, scaling/overscan options in NCP aren't clickable/working.)

If/when I have more information, I will post it.

Back