New GTX 1060 and error code 43 on WIN 10

Discussion in 'Video Cards' started by Swagata, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Swagata

Swagata n00b

I bought a Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1060 6GB 9GBPS Edition today. Installed it and the driver. But I see the error code 43 in device manager saying the device reported problem and cant run nvidia control panel (nothing happens when i click). But the driver does get installed. So, far Ive tried updating the BIOS, reinstalling the driver; removing previous intel driver using DDU, clearing cmos and static charge. But no luck. Pc runs fine with mobo intel graphics. What I have not tried is windows update. My windows is fairly old I guess; I updated like 1 year ago. The version is 1607; 14393.969. I want to do a fresh updated windows install. But with this gpu; during boot and mobo logo; the logo is a bit distorted and there r flickering blue lines which r present in windows too. I guess thats a hardware problem that wont be solved with a windows fresh install ? What can I do ? RMA wont be easy. They had this single one of this card and the shop is far away.. What can I do ?

2. vmaddogv

vmaddogv [H]Lite

Have you verified that the PCIE power connector is plugged in? Have you tried re-seating the video card?

3. eclypse

eclypse 2[H]4U

Windows 10 loves to Insist on drivers, even when they do not work ...... to stop Win 10 follow the steps below

Also, have you powered down your PC, removed All Power -- unplug PSU, monitor, printer, powered USB hubs ....... hold start button 30 seconds to discharge any capacitors ? Plug it all back in and boot ...

Turning OFF in MB BIOS: Fast boot & sometimes even Safe boot can help till issue is sorted

Graphics device driver error code 43(support.microsoft.com)
    excerpt:

Windows stopped your device because it reported problems. To fix it, try the following:

1) Select the Start button, then in the search box next to Start, type device manager and select Device Manager from the list of results.

2) Find the problematic device in the list (it will often have a yellow exclamation point icon next to it).

3) Press and hold (or right-click) the name of the device, and select Properties. In Properties, select the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver, then follow the steps. If the button is unavailable, that means there's no driver to roll back to.

4) Select Uninstall device and then select Uninstall.

5) At the top of the list of devices in Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) the name of your PC, then select Scan for hardware changes. This reinstalls the device driver.

6) To see if this fixed the problem, press and hold (or right-click) the name of the device again and select Properties. On the General tab, under Device status, you should see This device is working properly. If you don’t see this message, refer to the documentation that came with the device or contact the manufacturer.

Edit.. I've heard that fast boot option on the motherboard uses last used drivers or devices so maybe that's the cause.. try turning that off if it's on in the bios.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  4. eclypse

eclypse 2[H]4U

Maybe the Bois is set for Legacy Video that was needed for older Graphics Cards.
    Change your Bios to UEFI Video.
    Also is your MB Bios up to date and did you Reset your Bios to the Default or Optimized Settings after you installed your new Card?

5. eclypse

eclypse 2[H]4U

The above is just stuff I pulled from other forums.

Also did you turn off the internal gpu while you have the card installed.

6. eclypse

eclypse 2[H]4U

Also ha e you ever used ddu to uninstall nvidia or amd drivers?? Download the latest version and boot into safe mode and run it.. it will flush out all old graphics drivers encase there causing an issue so you can install the new drivers fresh.

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=976

Search how to get into safe mode first as it's important.

7. socK

socK 2[H]4U

Corruption before (and after) you're even in Windows sure makes me wonder... sounds like hardware.