New graphics card = monitor glitches out

aznattic

n00b
Hello all :)

Recently, i purchased the SAPPHIRE 100352-2L from Newegg a week ago, and so far it's been working fine (played some farcry 3 and benchmark it with 3d mark). A few days ago though, one of my monitors glitched out on me. The 2nd monitor worked fine, so i didn't think much of it and restarted the computer. Right now though, both monitors had this issue. Restarted it, and it works fine again.

8520860162_698b1a9c2e_c.jpg

I am using the latest non beta driver. It doesn't even do this while gaming, only when the card is near idle and i am web browsing.

Should i RMA it through Newegg? Do i have to pay for shipping to ship it out and would i get a new in box or a refurb since it's a week old?

Thanks

just make sure you go through the chat/phone/email for the RMA. If you go through with either one of those options, they will provide a prepaid UPS label for you to mail back. They will send you a new card.

Thanks for the quick response.

So i should just RMA just to not take any chances right?

I just find it odd that it doesn't display artifacts or crashes during high gpu usage but near idle this issue happens.

Do you have your old card to try putting that in and see if the problem still happens? If it doesn't then most definitely rma the card.

I had a nvidia 610 before and it had no issues. Made sure to wipe the nvidia driver before installing the amd catalyst as well.

I bet it's not the card that's the problem. It's most likely Adobe flash player messing up with Steam videos, Youtube, Twitch.tv, etc. You need to disable flash hardware acceleration. Here are the instructions. Also make sure that in the AMD Vision Engine Control Center under the "Video" tab then "Quality" tab, "Apply current video quality settings to Internet video" is unchecked.

Let us know what your results are.

Hmm, flash does crash quite often for some reason even with the previous card (reinstalled flash quite some time ago already) but i don't believe it did when the screen went like that.

Currently the setting you mentioned under AMD video quality is unchecked. Shouldn't flash always have hardware acceleration otherwise it performs like crap?

A modern machine can run it just fine off the cpu without gpu acceleration which is what the option controls.

I have no issues with flash crashing. Sounds like you might have other issues with your machine...

You didn't give any details.

What video card is this? You just said "Sapphire."

What monitors are these? Are these 120 or 144 hz monitors? If not, what exact monitors and refresh rates?

And are you overclocking the cards? If so, then GPU or Vram?

Details, please.

This is a new build, went from a 3770k to a E5-2680 xeon in an asrock extreme4-m. Even when i built this comp with a nvidia 610 and reformatted the SSD, flash still crashed all the time so i reformatted it again. Flash still crashes (firefox and chrome), just not as often.

SAPPHIRE 100352-2L is the 7950. 60hz monitors. Overclocked to 1050 gpu, 1390 memory. No issues or glitches in far cry 3 or heaven benchmark. This issue only happens when the gpu is at idle.

Keep the memory at stock. Do you still get screen crashes when viewing flash?

Check GPU-Z when you go back and re-test the overclocked memory. Does it say that the RAM is running at 1390 mhz in idle 2d (instead of stock like it should be in 2D, since those are "supposed" to be 3D clocks?)

If you find that not overclocking the memory stops the crashes, please PM the AMD guy (Thracks) on overclock.net on the AMD Driver forum with your system details and the exact information you wrote above.

The memory is at stock, 1250 mhz according to gpuz. Just watched some flash videos and flash crashed, though i haven't had that lines through the screen issue since i posted the thread up.

I honestly think flash crashing is due to it not getting along with some hardware that is in machine. Only things different are the motherboard and cpu.

Back