New GoW 3 Trailer - Epic scale

I am looking forward to this but I have one fear. It looks like it is going to be great, but I am afraid I am going to over anticipate it and then be let down some. I didn't play the first 2 till they were both greatest hits. Not out of choice, I just didn't game much at the time. Now that I am anticipating the 3rd installment I hope I wont be dissapointed.

I just watched the in game trailer over at G$ and I can not freaking wait for this game to come out!!!!! Love the first two and this looks like it will dwarf them both.

The 2 God of War games are by far my favorite games I've ever played and all I can say after watching that is...
HOLY FUCK

This trailer confirms it must be the first level. Jesus, he is riding a cyclops on the back of a titan climbing mount olympus!!!

IMO, QTE's are destroying gaming, I blame god of war.

Fixed.If the game does it right then it's good. I like my "cut-scenes" to be interactive therefore I like GOW's implementation. It lets me be a part of moves I would never be able to pull off!

lol - i was shocked/confused to read this thread title. didn't epic just realese Gears of War 2?? Getting an incredibly early start on GoW3...

...so god of war... i have avoided these games for as long as i can remember because they are infamouse for the QTE's that have ruined so many other games (cough*jericho*cough) but this trailer really does look amazing - may have to try this one out after all.

Fixed.If the game does it right then it's good. I like my "cut-scenes" to be interactive therefore I like GOW's implementation. It lets me be a part of moves I would never be able to pull off!

What else would that be, but my opinion?

Jesus...I thought it was Gears of War 3 with GOW3 and Epic in the subject line. And to think, I had a boner for about 2.5 seconds!

lol - i was shocked/confused to read this thread title. didn't epic just realese Gears of War 2?? Getting an incredibly early start on GoW3...

orig.jpg

:D:D

LOL

Regarding quick-time events. Get rid of them. I don't want interactive cutscenes. In some games they absolutely ruin the flow of gameplay.

On topic. Watched the trailer. Incredible. Can't wait. Feel a little more optimistic about a possible 2009 release.

QTEs in GoW are actually implemented very nicely. In games like RE4 on the other hand I'm watching a chase scene and bam I ram into a low lying branch and die.

Yeah, QTEs in GoW 2 were done very well. Loved em and the end result was always very satisfying.

Back