Votes: 42 47.2%
  • PNY Geforce 7800 GT

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • ASUS Geforce 7800 GT

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 21 23.6%

• Total voters
Well the results from my last poll indicated the 7800 was my best choice. I looked at some reviews and noticed different manufactures are using different cpu/ram speeds. So I have a couple of different vendors to choose from. Does anyone know how the above items on the poll differ from the nvidia reference, other than cpu/ram speed?

Yeah either EVGA or BFG.

I bought a 7800GTX at quakecon from EVGA and could not be happier. They had a nice little discount at only 489 with no tax or handling fees. It overclocked out of the box to 525/1.42.

They had the GT's there too for 399, but since it was only a 90 dollar difference I went with the GTX.

BigDaddy85 said:
double that and don't buy their product

Which is why their even offering more of their crap to go along with their crap. for example, getting a free PNY 2GB MP3 player with a purchase of a PNY 7800GT, or a PNY 1GB memory stick with the purchase of a PNY 7800GTX. Id never buy PNy stuff, just stick with the major brands, evga, bfg, msi etc...

I jus went with the EVGA. Cant argue with Lifetime warranty, and excellent CS.

i just bought a pny 7800gt for 370...cant really complain. when i finally get it ill tell you how it works...

MSI 7800 GT, They have some of the best PCBs out there and their cards always stand out from the crowd!

XFX here, Lifetime warranty?? HA. XFX has Double Lifetime Warranty. Ya know, so when you die and come back to life. :D And it was the cheapest and comes stock with a nice OC.

Edit Wow, just saw how old this post is, :mad:

I have the BFG and it OCs pretty well...up to 500/1.2 for normal use.

My XFX 7800gt is doing quite well, it is a good deal at the price they sell it for...

Asian Dub Foundation said:
EVGA all the way..

lifetime warranty plus step up program

The step up program is useless because new cards won't be out within 90 days........

That's a little harsh. It is anything but useless. The Step Up program is actually quite fair. Let's say a brand new card come out three weeks after you buy your new topof the line card. If you bought a card anywhere else, you either return the card within 14 to 30 days with a 15% restock, or, you are stuck with a card no matter what is just around the corner. With an eVGA card, you have the peace of mind to know that what ever comes out in the next three months, you have the option to buy without penalty. Ask all those who bought a GTX and upgrade to the KO if it was useless. What more do you want?

Back